Weighing yourself?

boofaloo

Gold Member
Just a little query really - how often do you weigh yourself whilst doing the diet?

I know in theory once a week is sufficient but i used to be a weigh yourself every morning - even twice a day kind of girl and not stepping on the scales is freaking me out a bit!!

I would suggest only weighing once a week, wearing (or not) the same clothes and at the same time. When you are doing an eating plan, the amount of food still in situ, water, etc can affect the scales.

I try to get on once a week, but in all honesty it's pretty much every day, I seem to leap out of bed and jump straight on the scales. I can't seem to stop myself...lol. I get such a high when I see a loss it sets me up for the day, but if they don't move I get so frustrated, and if they do go up......well I dont want to go there....lol.

With this diet maybe its better to try and force yourself to only get on once a week as after the first week, the losses may slow down and you may not see much change when you get on the scales every day and it might be dishertening.

I still weight myself every morning when I get up.

I read an article in the paper that said you are twice as likely to be obese if you don't weight yourself very regularly so every morning before I get in the shower I have a quick weigh.

M.

I only weigh myself once a week. In my younger days i would weigh myself everyday but i found it depressed me quite me a lot as my weight seemed to change drastically!

Now i weigh once a week at the same time of day and in the same clothes :D

I think i'll just play it by ear. I know the weight loss is going to be small and steady and as long as i keep this in my head when i weigh i should be ok. I am aiming for once a week but know i'll get on a few times inbetween that in the first few weeks - impatient and nosey - me - NEVER. :D

Thanks everyone -it's interesting to hear what everyone else does.

I think i'll just play it by ear. I know the weight loss is going to be small and steady and as long as i keep this in my head when i weigh i should be ok. I am aiming for once a week but know i'll get on a few times inbetween that in the first few weeks - impatient and nosey - me - NEVER. :D

Thanks everyone -it's interesting to hear what everyone else does.

Hey don't worry about small steady weightloss. Remember the tortosie and the hare? Slow and Steady (plus small) wins the race!!!

Back