Weight and clothes size...

When i lost weight a few years ago, i lost over 6 stone, im 5ft 9in and got myself down to 11 stone and STILL could not fit into a next size 18 !

My Measurements are 41 bust, 34 waist and 45 hips - so i thought that made me a pear....?

Hmmm no I would say hourglass with those measurements as I am led to believe pear shapes have a much larger difference between their top half and their bottom half carrying most of their excess weight around their lower half ;)

When i lost weight a few years ago, i lost over 6 stone, im 5ft 9in and got myself down to 11 stone and STILL could not fit into a next size 18 !
OMG that is so interesting, what a difference. I would say at 5' 9" and 11st you would be a size 12. Perhaps its Next sizes eh! I find Next quite tight to be honest.

I'm 8 stone and a half and I wear an 6/8/10. However, I was in New Look the other day and fitted into a size 6 pair of blue jeans but then in the same style however in the colour BLACK I could only fit into the 12's...

Now that's just solid proof that clothing sizes are BANANAS! I think clothes shops just stick any number on their clothes these days.

Oh that really is crazy! Going to buy new jeans this weekend, not an easy thing to do though as I am 5' 10" tall and the legs are never long enough. I like them to be skating near the floor!

I'm having the same dilemma. All I want is to be back in my size 10 clothes but I cant for the life of me remember how much I weighed when I fit into them.
Im just aiming to get down to 10 stone (5ft4in) for now and keep going until I get back in those pesky size 10's.

Ps that website is a real eye opener about how different we all are.

I wish I had that problem! I struggle to find a pair of jeans that DON'T sweep the streets as I walk! :D

It had always been my dream to wear of the peg clothes from next, there i was 6 stone down and still couldnt do it , i was gutted !

Well I just don't get it..(no offence to anyone) but 20 years ago when I was a size 12 I was 9.5 stone and even when I got to under 8.5 stone I was still a size 12.
I'm 5ft 8" so not short, so i really don't understand how people can fit in a size 12 when they weigh so much more than I did? Bizarre!

I'm just jealous you realise because I'm going to have to lose 9.5 stone to get into a 12 lol!

I'm 5,4 and just got into the 11's however did buy a size ten dress the other day and fits and two size 10 bikinis however that's bottoms
I'm a 32/34 G/GG depending on bras and have to get a size 16/18 bikini top but have been ok with tops as long as there strechy tshirts or tops that accommodate boobs, has anyone lost weight on there boobs? Because I haven't they have stayed the same n I've lost over a stone now? X

I'm 5'6 weigh just over 12st and wear a 34GG bra. My tops are either 16 or 18 and trousers are now 16 which are getting loose or 14 that are just too tight to be comfortable. I was in a 36 or 38 bra but still GG so I can't say I've lost anything from my boobs. Some years ago we went to Disneyland and they had a room with the crazy mirrors that make you look a funny shape, either 2ft or 10ft tall etc. There was one that made me look pencil thin (I wish) like Olive Oyl, Popeye's girlfriend, but I still had this enormous bust. That's when I realised I'd never lose it from that area!!!

I'm 5ft 5, I weigh 13st 4.5lb and I am in between a 16-18 bottoms and 16 tops. I have loads of size 16 bottoms and some fit me and others are still nowhere near, its crazy

I range from a 16 to a 20, depending on what shop I'm in! For example, I bought some denim shorts and a tshirt from Primark on Tuesday, both a size 20, then bought a pair of denim shorts and 2 tshirts (designer) from Debenhams in a size 18, and then some leggings in a 16! And they ALL fit!!

The smallest I ever got to was 11 stone 4, size 10 on top, size 12 on the bottom cos of my butt!! And I thought I was fat then!! Realistically, I looked ill, had no boobs, and I don't wanna get that small again! Besides, I've had babies, it ain't never gonna happen!! ;)

We had a stand in consultant a few weeks ago, and she said something that rang true and has stayed in my mind! You don't wear your weight or clothes size on a tag round your neck, only you know what it is, and I think it's so right! Who cares if the shorts were a size 20? They fit and look fab!

And Brit, any of your dress cast offs, send em my way! I love em!!

I agree with everyone, sizing should be standardised. It gives so many women a complex when they think they are one particular size and then can't fit into it in a certain shop. My SW journey is all because a snooty woman in a Bridal shop kept talking about my muffin top and the shapes my belly made when trying on bridesmaid dresses. She then ordered me the wrong size (a 10) and as we only just realised I have 3 weeks to slim into it. I swear she did it deliberately.

I'm a 34D, top sizes range from 12 to 16 and bottom range from 14 to 16. I have even worn things at size 18 which just shows how insane sizing is. I used to buy my size as I hate dressing rooms but now I try everything on as you just don't know what will actually fit! My problem is compounded by my height, at only 5" I can never find trousers or jeans that don't need taken up. Annoyingly shops that have petite ranges never seem to have ones that are short but also consider my waist size, they're always too small!

Back