Weight bullies

Jael

Ok, this woman I work with is definitely being *****y to me. 3 weeks after I started SW, she said she was going to go to her local class as well, since she was impressed with my losses and the amount of food I could eat. So she joined and got me to explain stuff to her, because she kept forgetting what plan was when she was at work. On her first weigh in, she lost 3 pounds and asked me how I'd done that week. When I told her I'd lost a pound, she started going on about how I was slipping and must have been bad that week. I'm all " no, I lost a whole pound. That's good!" I was left thinking she either didn't get that even half a pound us good weight loss, or else she's being *****y.

Yesterday confirmed it's *****y! Someone commented how good my soup smelt and wasn't I good cooking all my own food. I laughed and said I had 3 pounds to lose by Xmas if I wanted 2 stone gone by then, so I needed to be good. At which point, this other woman pops up, saying I'm doing quite well and she can see losses in my face, but she's not being funny, but I've lost no weight around my tummy where I need to! I'm wearing size 14 jeans where I was wearing 18! It's like she's trying to chip away at my confidence, under the guise of being supportive. It hasn't worked, but it has naffed me off. Why are some people so catty?

You are right she is a complete b***h. I wouldn't give her the time of day. Don't rise to her insults, you know how well you have done and your true friends and family are there to encourage you. She is the type of person that would encourage you to feed on doughnuts.
At the end of the day it is possible for you to loose the weight but she will never be able to loose that personality.
Let her continue to say these things because believe me she is digging her own hole.

Tara is right, you can lose weight, but she'll never lose that snooty personality. You know you've been good, and you've done brilliantly. She's obviously bullshittin if she doesn't understand that even half a pound is a success.

I've had people say cringeworthy stuff in the past and if anyone was there at the time to hear what was said they were generally horrified.

Someone in work put their foot in it royally. We were talking about this woman that lives locally, and apparently she knows every food delivery service in town, and knows their number off by heart... then someone else said, I bet shes a big woman (a lot of our locals are chinese/pizza/chippies) and the girl said, "shes twice the size of hannah!!"

hannata said:
Tara is right, you can lose weight, but she'll never lose that snooty personality. You know you've been good, and you've done brilliantly. She's obviously bullshittin if she doesn't understand that even half a pound is a success.

I've had people say cringeworthy stuff in the past and if anyone was there at the time to hear what was said they were generally horrified.

Someone in work put their foot in it royally. We were talking about this woman that lives locally, and apparently she knows every food delivery service in town, and knows their number off by heart... then someone else said, I bet shes a big woman (a lot of our locals are chinese/pizza/chippies) and the girl said, "shes twice the size of hannah!!"

Ouch! Some people don't have a brain to mouth barrier, but others just like being insulting, whilst pretending they're not. Grrrr!!!! I had a patient who asked me why I didn't get a uniform that fitted me, it's way to tight, why dont you let it out etc. Unfortunately, you're not allowed to clonk patients on the head. Sigh. NHS bosses are no fun!

Ooh what a cow!
Some people are so insecure, they hate to see others doing well.
1lb a week is fantastic, its been my weekly average anyways and as long as its a negative on the scale I'm happy!
You've done brilliantly ignore this horrible woman :D

Do you work with my mother in law lol, thats something she would come out with. I have managed to lose almost 2 stone on my own but she cannot possibly see were from. I rejoined and had first weigh in last week losing 10lb - her comment - the scales must be faulty

The adult in me says rise above and just tell her you know what her game is and she isn't to talk to you anymore.

The non adult in me says call her a fugly b!tch and kick her til she bleeds...... :)

Don't you worry hun, she'll be laughing on the other side of her face when you reach target! 1lb a week is fantastic weight loss and you should be proud.

It's true when people say the longer it takes to lose the harder it is to put back on... For the 24 weeks I have been on plan I have not gone over my syn allowance and I have rigidly stuck to the plan simply because I am sooooo determined to get to target. You'll see from my stats that some weeks I've lost 2.5lbs and others I've lost 0.5lb however I haven't done anything differently, it's just the way our bodies are! It really hasnt been an easy journey, even my gains were completely unexpected however because of that, I will not let myself put weight back on again no matter how hard it gets as I know how challenging it can be to lose it

Keep your chin up and keep smiling!!

There are some nasty people in this world. Rise above it and keep going. Take no notice - my mantra - they will get their comupance (they will get what they deserve!).

:sign0151:
The non adult in me says call her a fugly b!tch and kick her til she bleeds...... :)

Lol :8855:

Seriously, Jael rise above it...tell her you're in it for the long haul not the short term/quick fix and any loss is still a loss. What goes around comes around...wait until she's had a gain... :sign0151:

See cos I'm a contrary cow I would have gleefully thanked her for the face comment, ignored the tummy comment, and then all sympathetic I would have told her 'not to worry you'll lose all that weight in your face too if you stick at it, it's a long road but you'll do it'!

I <3 Shirleen! I so would have loved for you to have said that, Jael! Pfft, you know what, if you're getting bi... er... 'mooey' back handed compliments, then you know it's working!!! x

Lol. Thanx guys. Calling her a fugly beeyatch made me laugh! I was just stood there thinking, either this woman's a bit dense or she's being a cow. And she says it whilst grinning at me, like she's being nice! Gah! I hate that! I prefer people that are just directly nasty; at least you know where you are with them. This behaviour is just so insincere.

It's not upset me, just got me hacked off. I think it's jealousy actually, because a pound is unusual for me. Usually it's 2-3 pounds a week AND I always eat all my syns. Whereas she's told me she's taking it slowly.

Shirleen said:
See cos I'm a contrary cow I would have gleefully thanked her for the face comment, ignored the tummy comment, and then all sympathetic I would have told her 'not to worry you'll lose all that weight in your face too if you stick at it, it's a long road but you'll do it'!

ROFLMAO!!! Love it! You have my naughty streak. Guess I could say she'll lose the fat from her head soon :)

ooh just thought, give her this forums address, we will put her straight.
pick on one of us you pick on the whole SW family

Truthfully though the best thing to do is take everything said as if it's a compliment, thank them profusely, because then they have only two options, to explain to you that they didnt mean it kindly or get nastier and passive aggressives don't as a rule and if she did she would be shown up for the ***** she is. Trust me this really works, it still hurts but she will find another victim!

hi

Take it as a HUGE compliment.. people only play SEE SAW... put you down so they feel up when they are insecure... and jealous!

You go girl!!!! you keep up the good work... dont look around, look within.. cas thats all that matters!!!!

Back