weight coming off to fast???

soccermom

I AM A WEMITT x
I have been doing sw for 7 weeks now and have lost 1 stone 10lbs and i'm really happy. This week I lost 5.5lb which sparked a comment from a family member who said "I think you are losing it to fast"

I am following plan 100% (except for 4 days off over xmas and new years day, I eat loads, plenty of free and superfree foods, all my hea/b's and 10 syns, I do not feel deprived and feel great.

Am I losing too fast should I up my syns to 15, or keep going as I am? I did have 10 stone to lose, is this why its coming off fast?

Any thoughts would be great.

Hiya, in my opinion thats a good loss but not unrealistic as like you said you have 10st to shift. You will find that as time goes on and you get smaller then it will slow down. Follow the plan and you will be just fine.

If you really are worried then maybe speak to your consultant at class but I think your doing a perfect job from the sounds of things. Good luck with the rest of your journey hun :)

Firstly very well done to you!!! You are doing so well. I would keep going as you are as it's obviously working!! I have heard that the more you have to lose the quicker it will come off at first then it will slow down as you near you natural weight!!

I'm jealous of your losses :) Great job!!!

When you have more to lose the weight comes off faster at first. I suggest you keep going as you are and your rate of weight loss will slowly peter off. I think its normal and healthy that you're losing weight as fast as you are, following the plan 100% will do that to ya :D
Well done!

Thank you so much for your replies, feel much better now that you are saying what I am thinking.

Will keep going with what I am doing, if it ain't broke don't fix it :D if my auntie says anything else I will just smile sweetly and nod my head like a good girl.

When you have more to lose the weight comes off faster at first. I suggest you keep going as you are and your rate of weight loss will slowly peter off. I think its normal and healthy that you're losing weight as fast as you are, following the plan 100% will do that to ya :D
Well done!
Hi Honeyoc

which plan are you following as you seem to have good weight loss each week. Hope you don't mind me asking. thanks

I agree - it will slow down eventually.

I do think you should be having 15 syns a day anyway. Why are you having less? If you can eat all 15 and still lose at a great rate, why not?!?!

You're doing fab - just keep eating and enjoying. It's great when the losses are flying so rack them up and it will see you through the tougher weeks, which will inevitably come.

There are always, always, those who are quick to criticise, and they're usually those closest to us, unfortunately. Just smile through it. Don't reveal your actual totals if you feel like it - just say, 'yes I had a loss this week, thank you!' and be all enigmatic about it! ;)

Good work :D

Last edited:
I agree - it will slow down eventually.

I do think you should be having 15 syns a day anyway. Why are you having less? If you can eat all 15 and still lose at a great rate, why not?!?!

I was advised by the consultant to have 10 and to be honest i'm quite happy with that I don't feel I need any more, but will take them if I want them like on new years eve when I had 6 vodkas :D

I think that is a reasonable amount of weight to lose at this stage hun.
If I put my mind to it, and really work hard, I can lose 3lb or more in a week and I am Target (well, was before Xmas!!) so it's not unrealistic.

There is a lady who comes to my group who has more than you to lose and she regularly loses that amount (when she sticks to it!!)

Hi Honeyoc

which plan are you following as you seem to have good weight loss each week. Hope you don't mind me asking. thanks

Hi Dawney, I'm following SW extra easy mainly. Sometimes I have the odd red or green day. I prefer reds so its usually a combination of red and EE days that I do. I hardly snack because I eat well at meal times and when I feel peckish I snack on fruit or an HEA in the form of a skinny latte or a yogurt. And like Soccermom I stick to the plan :D

I was advised by the consultant to have 10

After almost 3 years at SW, this week I was told that women should have 10 syns a week.
Never been told that before and I've always had my 15.
However, since I am a "new member" this week, I'm trying to stick to 10!

Soccermum, you are doing so well. Don't worry what others tell you. As has been said there is always someone who makes adverse comments. Just ignore them. Your are eating healthy food so there is nothing wrng with that.

With this group, we are told between 10 t0 15 syns but in a previous group ages ago they suggested between 5 to 10.
I always do more or less 15, sometimes a little less and since I reached target, more often than not a little more.

I do think generally that people who have a lot to lose do lose more than those who are within a few pounds of their healthy BMI.

Never heard that before, at all! Have heard of people who do 70 as a rule then have 35 for contingency...but never actually heard of it coming from a consultant. Interesting.

Those weight losses are brilliant, and as long as you are happy with how you are doing and not starving yourself, to heck what anyone else says! They're only jealous! Good luck x

Hey hon, I lost weight very quickly throughout because I followed ww 100% every week. I lost just over 9 stone in a year. I often get comments on the speed I lost, but I just ignore them. I know people are thinking I will put it back on as fast, but I am determined it won't. Especially now I have found EE!!!

Hey hon, I lost weight very quickly throughout because I followed ww 100% every week. I lost just over 9 stone in a year. I often get comments on the speed I lost, but I just ignore them. I know people are thinking I will put it back on as fast, but I am determined it won't. Especially now I have found EE!!!

wow thats fantastic it gives me a great deal of encouragement thank you :D

Definitely determined to keep going and reach my goal and maintain it just as you will :D

I think it would only be a concern if you were starving yourself which clearly you aren't!! If you're having a good balanced diet with plenty of protien, carbs, vitamins, fibre, calcium and you're feeling satisfied keep at it!! Congratulations, that's an amazing loss!!! Inspiring!X

If you are eating well, and feeling well, that's all you need to be concerned about. You are doing it right and getting the results you deserve - smile sweetly, say "you may be right" and just carry on!!!

Back