weight difference morning and night.

mummymonster

Hi guys, need your opinion. Whether I'm dieting or not, whatever I weigh in the morning, Im guaranteed to be at least 5-7lbs heavier when I go to bed. Is this the same for anyone else?

So, my cdc weighed me when I started on a Sat morning and I weighed 13st 6lbs. I didn't start cd until the Monday. My first weigh in was tonight at 7pm. I lost only 4 lbs in week one. I was gutted. But my cdc said my start weight was taken at 9.00am, and my first week weigh in was at 7 pm therefore she reckons I've lost at least 8 lbs which makes sense as I feel a massive difference in my clothes.

She said if she'd weighed me at the start at night, my start weight would have been higher than 13st 6lbs (eek) and therefore the loss on paper would've been much nicer to look at.

Do you think she is right? I am always lighter in the morning and want to believe her theory but feel like I'm cheating somehow?

Help! My conscious is battling with me! I was however fab at sticking to my plan :) week one in the bag, it was a struggle but feel great now xx

Of course she is right! I never ever get on the scales at night lol! Think about the food and water etc youve consumed in that day!! Always weigh in same time in the morning!! They will be the most accurate results x

hi ya

i treated myself to a set of scales that measure body fat and water %. my offical weigh in is on a thursday luckily its always at the same time, if i weigh myself at home i do it as soon as i get up after i have had a (ahem) wee i find i usually put on 2lbs to 3lbs over the day.

also dont forget there are varying factors throughout the day that can influence how much water you need to take on board to rehydrate your tissue/muscles/body etc, as well as if you have had any extra exercise/excertation or hormonal changes etc that can cause you to retain water etc

dont be too hard on yourself you are in this for the long run so the loses will even themselves out over time anyway - which ever way you look at it in a month that 7lbs fluctuation will be long gone anyway :D:D:D

hope that helps x

Thanks guys! Needed a little reassuring and you have! I suppose you are right, in a few weeks my scales will say something entirely different (i hope!)

It's amazing how quick I feel thinner, never happened this quick on other diets. Let's hope the feeling continues! Good luck to both of you! X

My cdc told me that a pint of water can weigh 2lb. Fortunately my wi is always 9am on a Fri and i try to only drink half a pint of water before she comes and always wee before wi! You'll have lost more guaranted. X

Back