Green Days Weight differnce on green plan

courtneyslim

Hi sorry if this has already been asked but i was wondering iv hit a brick wall and wanting to boost my weight loss i have been doin ee since the end of jan and only lost 8lbs i have a diary thread on here if anyone wants to look

Last week i started green plan to see if this would change my weight as ee obviously isnt working my scales show me no change at all and i was wondering would it take more than a week for my body to get used to the new plan therfore not showing a change in the first week

My first weigh in on green plan is in the morning and im currently 11st id love even a small loss to get down to the 10's

Any previous experience or advise would be lovely and if people could check my diary if they have time to make sure im doing it right i would very much appreciate it

Thanks again xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey, I personally do EE every day but I know that sometimes (especially as I'm presuming you don't have much to lose) changing your diet regularly can keep the losses regular. The only thing with green is - do you eat much pasta, potatoes etc normally? This COULD have an impact BUT trust your regular weigh in. Our weight changes by a ridiculous amount throughout the day so only out weekly weigh in is reliable. My weight (depending what I eat) can personally change by 2-7lbs between am and pm and then again by the following am.

Don't be disheartened by 8lbs since end of jan, that's a brilliant loss, slimming world recommends losing 1-2lbs a week so your definitely in that range.

Good luck with your weigh in. Xx

Firstly, 8lbs in a month is really great, well done!

Secondly, and this will be my advice, ignore what your scales say & ONLY go by your official weigh in!*

I'm veggie so I only do Green or EE & I eat a lot of veg anyway & keep to the 1/3 rule at all times, so for me going from one plan to another doesn't make much difference. Either way, I would say stick with Green a little longer, if you like it. You have to find what's best for you.

But as I said, an 8lb loss is good in that time, be proud :)

dreamslim said:
Hey, I personally do EE every day but I know that sometimes (especially as I'm presuming you don't have much to lose) changing your diet regularly can keep the losses regular. The only thing with green is - do you eat much pasta, potatoes etc normally? This COULD have an impact BUT trust your regular weigh in. Our weight changes by a ridiculous amount throughout the day so only out weekly weigh in is reliable. My weight (depending what I eat) can personally change by 2-7lbs between am and pm and then again by the following am.

Don't be disheartened by 8lbs since end of jan, that's a brilliant loss, slimming world recommends losing 1-2lbs a week so your definitely in that range.

Good luck with your weigh in. Xx

Thanks for your response yea im a bit of a carb addict lol ee is too slow for me if u read my thread im a returning member i have another 2st to loose hopwfully before our holiday to rome at the end of may

If green doesnt work il try red as uv to limit and weigh carbs lol what a nightmare im trying so hard spending so much time cooking and money on fresh food n joining gym n seem to be gettin nowhere lol

Thanks again xx

Thanks for your response yea im a bit of a carb addict lol ee is too slow for me if u read my thread im a returning member i have another 2st to loose hopwfully before our holiday to rome at the end of may

If green doesnt work il try red as uv to limit and weigh carbs lol what a nightmare im trying so hard spending so much time cooking and money on fresh food n joining gym n seem to be gettin nowhere lol

Thanks again xx

Why don't you just stick with EE but limit your carbs, making sure you're eating PLENTY of Superfree with & between meals? You could also try to eat more Speed foods which will keep you fuller for longer so you won't eat as much x

LisaC said:
Firstly, 8lbs in a month is really great, well done!

Secondly, and this will be my advice, ignore what your scales say & ONLY go by your official weigh in!*

I'm veggie so I only do Green or EE & I eat a lot of veg anyway & keep to the 1/3 rule at all times, so for me going from one plan to another doesn't make much difference. Either way, I would say stick with Green a little longer, if you like it. You have to find what's best for you.

But as I said, an 8lb loss is good in that time, be proud :)

Thanks alot

I enjoy green more dont know why as slighty more limited but i feel fuller on it if that makes sense i really hope i start loosing as i feel awful now all this hard work going nowhere

If u have a thread il follow u see if i can get any tips for green thanks for responding xxx

LisaC said:
Why don't you just stick with EE but limit your carbs, making sure you're eating PLENTY of Superfree with & between meals? You could also try to eat more Speed foods which will keep you fuller for longer so you won't eat as much x

I cant get the hang of the difference between superfree and superspeed ?? I dont eat soup, fish, pork ( apart from bacon) etc very fussy eater and usually my diaries are repetitive xx

Thanks alot

I enjoy green more dont know why as slighty more limited but i feel fuller on it if that makes sense i really hope i start loosing as i feel awful now all this hard work going nowhere

If u have a thread il follow u see if i can get any tips for green thanks for responding xxx

Yep you're fuller on lower calorie foods, that's why I love SW :) The weight will come off, just try all the plans & find what works for you best. To me, EE is the best of both worlds (Red & Green) so you may find you do better on that but see how you get on. Trial & error :) x

I cant get the hang of the difference between superfree and superspeed ?? I dont eat soup, fish, pork ( apart from bacon) etc very fussy eater and usually my diaries are repetitive xx

Do you go to class? I think it's all in the book in the welcome pack.

Superfree is MOST (not all) *fruits & veg which you include in the 1/3 rule with your meals.

Speed foods are foods that are low in density which means they're lower in calories but fill you up longer. I snack on apples, strawberries, raspberries. They're all Superfree & Speed foods (some Superspeed!). Bonus :)

Yea i go to the classes have books etc i do eat fruit n veg though if u check my diaries i jus dunno whats goin on lol

courtneyslim said:

Thanks again xx

Ahhh, ok, sorry, am on my phone so couldn't do my research, lol, sorry. Xx

Yeah, I think, as you say, maybe try all the plans and see which suits you best. I love my carbs and do EE but know that I can get a bit, shall we say, windy (tmi, lol) so do try not to eat TOO much and not on weigh day. :)

Definitely only trust the official weigh in though. I can never trust my scales, some weeks they'd be the same as sw ones and others completely different. It ended up contributing to me regaining the stone I lost coz I thought I'd reached my club 10 and (a loss of 3lbs) and when I got to weigh in I'd gained 1lb. Through me right off and I stopped following the plan for months. Not the only factor but a contributory one. :)

dreamslim said:
Ahhh, ok, sorry, am on my phone so couldn't do my research, lol, sorry. Xx

Yeah, I think, as you say, maybe try all the plans and see which suits you best. I love my carbs and do EE but know that I can get a bit, shall we say, windy (tmi, lol) so do try not to eat TOO much and not on weigh day. :)

Definitely only trust the official weigh in though. I can never trust my scales, some weeks they'd be the same as sw ones and others completely different. It ended up contributing to me regaining the stone I lost coz I thought I'd reached my club 10 and (a loss of 3lbs) and when I got to weigh in I'd gained 1lb. Through me right off and I stopped following the plan for months. Not the only factor but a contributory one. :)

Thanks for the support away to bed hoping for miricles nyt xx

You are saying "going nowhere" and "isn't working", but you have lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks so obviously it IS working and you ARE going somewhere - down in weight.

Why is it, I wonder, that you don't see it that way?

AnnaFaraday said:
You are saying "going nowhere" and "isn't working", but you have lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks so obviously it IS working and you ARE going somewhere - down in weight.

Why is it, I wonder, that you don't see it that way?

Im a returning member and i was loosing 3-4lbs maybe more each week now its minimal

Your losses are great though! I would LOVE to lose 8lbs in 4 weeks!! Just because you lost 3-4lbs a week before doesn't mean you will now but there's nothing wrong with losing 2lbs a week - it adds up really quickly so don't be disheartened just keep doing what you're doing. Good luck x

Im a returning member and i was loosing 3-4lbs maybe more each week now its minimal

thats because your body has now decided that is all you can safely lose! comparing with last time is not ideal as things change. losing any more than that will not be sustainable anyway....in time you will naturally slow down you cant keep losing 2lb per week.

i bet there are people reading this thread that are a bit jealous (and therefore wont reply) because they would do anything for those kind of losses.

that said, i cant do EE as I gained weight

You seem to be doing pretty well but here are my thoughts on the matter.
I joined in late Dec 2010 and have primarily done EE with a few original or green days thrown in along the way. I put on half a stone at Christmas and am still working to shift it and my weight loss has slowed right down. My daughter is at uni and attends SW there and decided to give up carbs ( apart from porridge ) a couple of weeks ago and has lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I decided to take a leaf out of her book and have also been limiting my potatoes, rice, pasta etc and have shifted 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I think our bodies do become used to what we are eating and I have seriously changed my diet around - doing original but using my HEB's for canned soups and olive oil etc. This week I plan on only having one EE day on Saturday when I always have steak and chips. I think pasta tends to stick around on me, and without wishing to give too much info, I find that I go to the loo much better following original too. Good luck with it all - xxxxxx

Back