Green Days Weight differnce on green plan

Thanks for all ur advise only lost 1lb this week i feel like id rathereat a chinese and maintain lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for all ur advise only lost 1lb this week i feel like id rathereat a chinese and maintain lol

Im sorry but its not just "only lost a pound this week"...... a lot of folks on here would be very envious of a pound per week & of your weight loss so far. Try carrying round the 9lb you have lost so far as a seperate weight all day.....it will hurt! :)
You've done really well in losing the amount you have & SW advocate a 1-2lbs loss per week as a healthy loss....keep up the good work.

Last edited:
kim63 said:
Im sorry but its not just "only lost a pound this week"...... a lot of folks on here would be very envious of a pound per week & of your weight loss so far. Try carrying round the 9lb you have lost so far as a seperate weight all day.....it will hurt! :)
You've done really well in losing the amount you have & SW advocate a 1-2lbs loss per week as a healthy loss....keep up the good work.

Thanks so much x

Can only reiterate what has been said! I would have been so delighted with that loss of 8lbs in 4 weeks. Some weeks I only lost half a pound, but I kept on going, been at target since July last year. I got there through doing red and green only. You must do whichever plan suits you and your body best. I'm not good with veg so these other two plans worked well for me. Some weeks I did lose 2 lbs though still doing red and green. As I got nearer to target it became the half pound losses only. You will get there, youre doing very well.

You are doing fab, like everyone has said what works for one doesnt always work for another, EE makes me gain weight, green days make me STS so Red days are it for me lol, chin up and keep doing what your doing xx

i bet there are people reading this thread that are a bit jealous (and therefore wont reply) because they would do anything for those kind of losses.

Yep I am. It's taken me 48 weeks to lose 1st 3lb. I'd love to lose 1-2lb a week, I'm lucky if I lose 1lb a month.

felicity62 said:
thats because your body has now decided that is all you can safely lose! comparing with last time is not ideal as things change. losing any more than that will not be sustainable anyway....in time you will naturally slow down you cant keep losing 2lb per week.

i bet there are people reading this thread that are a bit jealous (and therefore wont reply) because they would do anything for those kind of losses.

that said, i cant do EE as I gained weight

Spot on Felicity.

OP, you are 2 stone away from your target. That means you are probably now overweight instead of obese. This also means your body needs less calories to keep itself going so you will find it difficult to create a calorie deficit that is large enough to loose more than 2lbs a week on SW, or in fact any diet plan other than a VLCD or some form of shakes.

My 2 pieces of advice

1) reset your expectations as to how much & how quickly you can loose weight on SW. For your own sanity if nothing else. If you can't do this, then SW is probably not going to be right for you this time
2) never preface a weight loss with ONLY. If it was 1lb gain you would be be saying 'but its a whole 1lb! So guess what - it's still a whole 1lb when you loose it. It is completely nonsensical to suggest as a result of loosing 1lb that you would go & eat Chinese & maintain. Cos apart from anything else you don't actually know that this would be the case!

kingleds said:
Spot on Felicity.

OP, you are 2 stone away from your target. That means you are probably now overweight instead of obese. This also means your body needs less calories to keep itself going so you will find it difficult to create a calorie deficit that is large enough to loose more than 2lbs a week on SW, or in fact any diet plan other than a VLCD or some form of shakes.

My 2 pieces of advice

1) reset your expectations as to how much & how quickly you can loose weight on SW. For your own sanity if nothing else. If you can't do this, then SW is probably not going to be right for you this time
2) never preface a weight loss with ONLY. If it was 1lb gain you would be be saying 'but its a whole 1lb! So guess what - it's still a whole 1lb when you loose it. It is completely nonsensical to suggest as a result of loosing 1lb that you would go & eat Chinese & maintain. Cos apart from anything else you don't actually know that this would be the case!

Thanks everyone just been disheartened by the slow weightloss but i now no its not just me in that position im gonna keep at it . I still dont understand how this diet actually works so gonna give another week or two on green then see where it stands

Thanks again much appreciated xxx

Well done on the 8lbs you have lost thats really good!

When I was doing SW I was doing green days as I was a vegetarian and lost 16lbs found it very easy to stick to and was never hungry, then I had some ill health was in hospital gained weight and started to eat meat and fish again so did EE I just couldn't get on with it and gained even more weight, so I moved to WW. But whatever plan you do it should be one that you feel you are happy on and can stick to, if you feel happy on red/green days for for it.

Back