Weight flucuations

Naomi64

Hey guys

I stated slimming world nearly 4 weeks ago and was previously calorie counting. I have been on plan most of the time. I weight in at home and don't go to groups but have seen a trend forming over the past few weeks in relation to my weight. I'll lose one week then gain the next and so on. Has anyone ever had this? I have posted my weigh in below. I

Starting weight - 10 stone 9
Week 1 - 10 stone 7.5
Week 2- 10 stone 8.25
Week 3- 10 stone 7.5
Week 4 - 10 stone 9.75 ( weigh in this morning)

I'm not really sure what to do or what is going on here?

Anyone have any suggestions?

What are your stats? Ie how tall and how much are you trying to lose? Also can you post a food diary?

My initial thought was that if you were CC before it can take some time to for your body settle in to SW as you may be eating greater volumes as you are, presumably no longer weighing stuff

After reading on here a couple of members got new scales and they read more than their old ones perhaps you scales need a new battery or you need new ones.Put up what you eat and portion sizes. Are you eating a lot of yoghurts? Are your portion sizes larger than what is recommended?

What are your stats? Ie how tall and how much are you trying to lose? Also can you post a food diary?

My initial thought was that if you were CC before it can take some time to for your body settle in to SW as you may be eating greater volumes as you are, presumably no longer weighing stuff
Thanks for your suggestions. I am 5ft 2ish
And I'm trying to lose roughly a stone and a half, I was previously about 14 stone about 5 years ago and lost this due to a minor illness and more active lifestyle

I will post a food diary for the next couple of days, hopefully that will be useful

That is strange! Just a couple of thoughts:
Are you weighing in at the same time of day every week? Ie. straight after a pee in the morning (sorry TMI!)
Are you wearing the same clothes to weigh in?
Are your scales in the same place each time?
Have you had a particularly heavy/salty meal the night before?
Most odd!

Lol it really is. Yes I'm weighing at the same time always in the nude lol

The scales don't move and are always in the same place ready for anyone to just jump on. Nothing particularly salty that I can see.

Thanks

After reading on here a couple of members got new scales and they read more than their old ones perhaps you scales need a new battery or you need new ones.Put up what you eat and portion sizes. Are you eating a lot of yoghurts? Are your portion sizes larger than what is recommended?

The scales I use we have had for a while I could try changing the batteries and seeing if it makes a difference.

Thanks I probably have a couple of yogurts a week but not every day. I am trying not to eat as much fruit and have 1 salad meal a day instead of 3 carb based meals. I'd probably say that my portion sizes may be larger but I'd probably say that this is because of added veg. I try not to eat until I am really stuffed though and eat until I'm full. I'm not really one for leaving food on my plate but since doing slimming world I have been more in tune with my fullness and have been tempted to leave food!

I'll post over the next couple of days to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Hi again :)

Immediately, apart from dinner there is very little speed foods. 1/3 of each meal should, where possible contain speed fruit and or veg. You have none at breakfast and only onion at lunch which is not going to be 1/3 of the meal. It is a natural limiter because if you fill your plate with 1/3 of veg then that's less free food which is more kcal dense. Breakfast doesn't seem very filling, are you getting hungry during the day?

Sorry I forgot to mention that yesterday morning the cupboards were very bare lol hopefully the next couple of days will be back to normal as we did a nice stock up of the cupboards.

I was not more hungry than usual yesterday. At the weekends I normally just eat when I'm hungry rather than during my working days I have set breaks at work so don't have the flexibility.

I'll be posting again tomorrow morning or late this evening

Thanks for your help

image.jpeg
Monday food diary is attached
Hope you can see it properly
Tried to up my speed foods

HeA cheese
HeB wholemeal bread roll
Syns - 6- granola, 5.5 cappuccino, 1 - light mayo , 1.5 biscuit total = 14

It's looking ok TBH although it's hard to visually imagine quantities in terms of the plate makeup. How would you say your portion sizes measure up?

I know Slimming World is not about calories but do you know how many calories you ate yesterday? Just interested in how many it was.:)

I know Slimming World is not about calories but do you know how many calories you ate yesterday? Just interested in how many it was.:)

I have been logging using myfitnesspal too and yesterday I ate about 1530 calories and on Monday it came to 1508 X

Last edited:
It's looking ok TBH although it's hard to visually imagine quantities in terms of the plate makeup. How would you say your portion sizes measure up?

Sorry I'm not too sure what you mean by this? I'll post some pictures this evening of what I have eaten today including Syns. Hopefully a visual will help ☺️

Sorry I'm not too sure what you mean by this? I'll post some pictures this evening of what I have eaten today including Syns. Hopefully a visual will help ☺️
I think @lickthelid means are you having a large portion of e.g. rice/potato, which means you have less of the salad/vegetables?
So seeing it visually you can see that at least a third of your plate is made up of veg, or not, which can help determine if your proportions are slightly out. Does that make sense?
Also, even when a third is made up of salad or veg, sometimes it's a big portion of food anyway, in which case the 'stop eating when you are full' rule can be a useful guide!

I think @lickthelid means are you having a large portion of e.g. rice/potato, which means you have less of the salad/vegetables?
So seeing it visually you can see that at least a third of your plate is made up of veg, or not, which can help determine if your proportions are slightly out. Does that make sense?
Also, even when a third is made up of salad or veg, sometimes it's a big portion of food anyway, in which case the 'stop eating when you are full' rule can be a useful guide!
Oh I see thanks
I wouldn't say that I do have larger portions of those foods but I'm clearly not doing some or over doing something lol

Breakfast
Fat free yogurt
2 wheatabix - HEb
Sweet freedom syrup 1/2 syn
Pear
Satsuma
Milk hea for teas no sugar and cereal

Lunch
Lettuce
Cucumber
Tomato
2 slices of ham
2 eggs
1 tbsp salad cream 2syns

Dinner
Chicken
Pepper
Onion
Beetroot
Cous cous
Carrot
Hot sauce 1syn

Snacks
Aldi benefit cereal bar 3syns
Banana
Apple
Aldi oat biscuits 3x2.5 Syns
Total 14 Syns

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I honestly can't see anything wrong. Your portions are a decent size. You have a good breakdown of foods. Maybe it's not the food? Could you be retaining water? Are you drinking enough?

Thanks for taking a look. I drink atleast 2 litres a day sometimes upto 3litres. I drink a combination of squashes, tea (milk no sugar) and plain water
I think I'll stick with it for another month then possibly go to a group for the last month I've signed up to online if I'm still not making much head way

Back