weight gain on maintance?

Hi Butterscotch, I assume you have stuck 100% to the plan (why else would you be questioning the gain), are you certain you stuck - were your portion sizes right?

I always say to people that during the steps through the plan you should continue to lose weight...if you imagine you are still only having a very reduced number of cal's you will lose weight, some of this you won't see as you will regain an element of your glycogen/water - so your week 1 week 2 weight loss should show up as lower.

Don't forget other factors will come into play such as TOM, if you had a big blow out just before you started on the 790 plan, if you have been doing a lot of excercise (ie converting fat to muscle - which weighs more).

Failing all that we sometimes just have weeks where our body does "funny" things. Stick at it & you will see the losses continue.

Good luck
Nicky
CDC Swindon

Hi butterscotch,

I have normally down 790 on the way down the steps back into SSing...I have not gone the other way as yet!

I have posted your question is mods and I am sure someone will come along and give you the answer to this.

I know of others who have done 780 instead of SSing and lost weight as it is still well below 800 and is considered very low calorie diet.

Love Mini xxx

hmmmm, I didnt put on any weight during maintainence, could you be retaining water at all.

I only put on weight when i fell off and went tons over!

Back