weight gain overnight

kikuka

Tequila makes miaow happy
Not me as i am not weighing, but a friend has just phoned in some distress (she is doing SS like me and is sticking to it) to say she has been weighed tonight (naughty, we have a pact) and has gained 1.5 kg since last night at the same time. (which also means she weighed yesterday too - double naughty) I said I would post for her and print any responses as she has no internet access. I am saying water retention, but if anyone can offer any advice i would be really grateful! Is it possible to gain 1.5kg in water overnight. Now I am DEFINATELY not getting weighed until my official day on Good Friday.

Thanks everyone. Isnt it a bummer how the scales can freak you out?

I was naughty too and weighed myself 2lbs on and then the next day gone I'd say its def water.

This could be due to any number of factors, water being the main one. If your friend is going to weigh herself, I would recommend she only do it first thing in the morning in the nude, after going for a wee and before drinking anything. Any other time and the weight is going to be influenced by other factors and cause serious mind trickery!

i agree with dom..

like me i weighed this morning then again just now and i was 4 pounds heavier!! tell your friend to stay off the scales because it is very very naughty.. go round there and take them away yourrself!! lol

Just out of interest sometimes I've weighed myself at the end of the day as well as at the beginning and frequently weigh about 4 lbs more at the end of the day. Of course there's no way I could have gained 4 lbs of fat in the space of one day.

Stay away from the scales!! :)

well, I passed on your support, and guess what. She did it again! I am seriously going round to take the batteries out of the scales. Anyway, 2 nights on the run now and the extra weight is still there. Weight at teatime on saturday was 87.5 kg, and now apparently it is 89. How long does water weight last?

The worst thing is, I was feeling positive but i seem to be catching her low mood!

Back