Weight gain

lardass

Silver Member
Is it just me that can gain 5-7 lb during the course of the day.

I know you should only weigh once a week at the same time but yesterday i was 12.5 in the morning and 12.12 in the evening, that seems an awfull lot to me.

Goodness knows whats going on in this hot weather at the moment - feels like i've been battling with the same pound on and off for 2 weeks now - but i am in ketosis and sticking to it so i know it must be water retention.

I only take notice of the morning weight and only record the weekly one - any others i try to take with a pinch of salt!

Hels x

Yep I can easily be 5 pounds heavier before bed.

Remember for example that 2 litres of water weighs around 4 pounds so never get tooooo hung up what the scales are telling you.

Mike

Wasn't too bothered by it more shocked.

Agree with mike. I decided not to weigh myself more than once a week............just makes me totally if I do it more often 'cos those dratted scales fluctuate sooo much from day to day :eek:

Don't think this weather helps either as I'm sure we're probably all suffering from a bit of water retention.

demon said:
Agree with mike. I decided not to weigh myself more than once a week............just makes me totally if I do it more often 'cos those dratted scales fluctuate sooo much from day to day :eek:

Don't think this weather helps either as I'm sure we're probably all suffering from a bit of water retention.

I agree but please don't mention water retention :eek:

I lost 1 1/2lbs this week because of water retention. It was predicted because I drank less than normal the day before (long car journey) and TOTM but even so...*tut tut*

I'm fine about it but if it happens again next week I'll be on here for tea (black of course) and sympathy! :p

If I weigh myself first thing in the morning and again in the evening I am often 7 lb heavier. So I always weigh myself first thing in the morning and always in the same clothes.
Irene

This is reassuring as I too weigh myself throughout that day as I have recently added exercise and lose a pound from morning to morning but can be 3 pounds heavier in the evening.
At least night time toilet trips are worth it to lose that horrid fat.

Back