Weight gain

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by lardass, 27 July 2006 Social URL.

1. lardass

lardass Silver Member

Diet:
    seefood
    Is it just me that can gain 5-7 lb during the course of the day.

I know you should only weigh once a week at the same time but yesterday i was 12.5 in the morning and 12.12 in the evening, that seems an awfull lot to me.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. htpink

htpink CDC

Goodness knows whats going on in this hot weather at the moment - feels like i've been battling with the same pound on and off for 2 weeks now - but i am in ketosis and sticking to it so i know it must be water retention.

I only take notice of the morning weight and only record the weekly one - any others i try to take with a pinch of salt!

Hels x

4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Yep I can easily be 5 pounds heavier before bed.

Remember for example that 2 litres of water weighs around 4 pounds so never get tooooo hung up what the scales are telling you.

Mike

5. lardass

lardass Silver Member

Diet:
    seefood
    Wasn't too bothered by it more shocked.

6. demon

demon Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Agree with mike. I decided not to weigh myself more than once a week............just makes me totally [​IMG] if I do it more often 'cos those dratted scales fluctuate sooo much from day to day :eek:

Don't think this weather helps either as I'm sure we're probably all suffering from a bit of water retention.

7. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD

I agree but please don't mention water retention :eek:

I lost 1 1/2lbs this week because of water retention. It was predicted because I drank less than normal the day before (long car journey) and TOTM but even so...*tut tut*

I'm fine about it but if it happens again next week I'll be on here for tea (black of course) and sympathy! :p

8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    If I weigh myself first thing in the morning and again in the evening I am often 7 lb heavier. So I always weigh myself first thing in the morning and always in the same clothes.
    Irene

9. vj

vj Regular Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.67%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    This is reassuring as I too weigh myself throughout that day as I have recently added exercise and lose a pound from morning to morning but can be 3 pounds heavier in the evening.
    At least night time toilet trips are worth it to lose that horrid fat.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.