Cruise PP Weight going UP not down aymore

locket

Help!!! I'm at my wits end.
I started the Dukan diet on the 5 July at 69.2kgs, all was going well, a week ago my weight was at 65.9kgs. Today my weight is 67.3kgs.
I am a strict dieter, NO cheating, NONE! It isn't TOM either. This is a massive weight gain!
Please can someone advise me!

First - don't panic!

Second - so people can give you the best advice we need more information.

Can you fill in your user stats in the control panel? Also - how long were you in attack? And what types of exercise do you do?

What is your goal weight? At 67kg you should be well within the healthy weight range anyway, so perhaps you should be switching to conso anyway.

What does a typical day's menu look like - you may not be eating enough for dukan to work!

Hmmm...although my BMI is in the healthy range, I'm not comfortable in my own skin at the mo. I am at my heaviest ever after the birth of my little girl almost 2 years ago and just need to shed those extra pounds.
I appreciate the support and don't intend giving up, I'm going to keep going till I fit in my old clothes.

As for not eating enough, I didn't realise I had to eat a lot.
Perhaps that's it.
I'll eat more and see how it goes.

If you don't eat enough your body may switch into "famine" mode, and start desperately storing fat rather than burning it for energy.

Post a typical days menu here, so people can check for you.

Breakfast: 250mls fat-free plain yogurt, sweetened with artificial sweetener
Mid-morning snack: sarumi sticks (about 10)
Lunch: yogurt (again)
Afternoon snack: sarumi sticks (about 6)
Dinner: turkey burger/ meatloaf or fish
Late night: cocoa

Definitely not enough protein!
Probably too many fishsticks
And where is your oatbran?

What do you eat on a pv day?

Hi Locket, you and I have similar goals but with you being a full two inches more than me, you lucky thing! Anyway, you definitely aren't eating enough and possibly should mix it up a little bit. I found that too much yoghurt makes me stall and I lose most eating eggs and salmon/tuna/cod/turkey burgers. I think you should have a proper meal for lunch instead of all the sarumi sticks, try drinking more water and have your gallette! Are you doing any exercise?

I just throw my oat bran over some yogurt.
Am probably eating too much yog and sarumi sticks, I guess it's 'cos they're just easy to grab. Will have to plan my meals better, more eggs and fish.
I walk a lot, at least 30 mins a day. I also spend my days running after a busy little toddler (some days my body aches).
Thanks for all the advice.
I think a forum like this makes dieting so much easier.

wkdstepmum said:
Hi Locket, you and I have similar goals but with you being a full two inches more than me, you lucky thing! Anyway, you definitely aren't eating enough and possibly should mix it up a little bit. I found that too much yoghurt makes me stall and I lose most eating eggs and salmon/tuna/cod/turkey burgers. I think you should have a proper meal for lunch instead of all the sarumi sticks, try drinking more water and have your gallette! Are you doing any exercise?

Are u aiming for end Sept'? How far have u got to go?

It definitely does! I have to say, when I'm running around after the kids I throw a mini babybel light or two into my bag, I wouldn't say they're great dietwise but I need to have things I can bring with me and don't have to prepare x Also, I made the Dukan BLT, it's in the recipes section and intend to make one in advance and bring it with me to take the kids swimming tomorrow, like a regular sandwich! The bread only takes a few minutes to make and you could put anything Dukan friendly on it!

I've got just less than 10lbs to go until my goal but aiming for the end of September! :) Hopefully that is possible!

Hmm..I tried the Dukan bread, the one on the Dukan recipe book, and it came out FLAT. It was more of an omelette than anything else. What's the trick?

Hmmm - did you add the baking powder? Thats what makes it bubble up.

Yup.
To be fair tho, my sister has the book and gave me the recipe. Her bread turned out as pathetically as mine.
Did your bread turn out like bread?
Might have to give it another go with the actual recipe in front of me.

Yeah mine turned out like bread, I used the microwave recipe in the recipes section, in the BLT thread and waited till it cooled, halved it and toasted it...It was actually lush having been without bread for 2 weeks! x

the recipe i use is in the recipe section on this board - and it is very breadlike

Yippee!
My weight has started going down again. Lost 500g!
Thanks for all your help and support.
Cut right back on the sarumi sticks and ate a lot more carbs.
I think we sometimes lose our way a little, thank goodness for the help. ?

locket said:
Yippee!
My weight has started going down again. Lost 500g!
Thanks for all your help and support.
Cut right back on the sarumi sticks and ate a lot more carbs.
I think we sometimes lose our way a little, thank goodness for the help. ?

Should have read "ate a lot more protein".
Oops.

Back