Weight loss again

Ok diet wise. Kinda crappy relationships wise. Im going for an early one. 3 exantes, cheese crumbs, half a meatball, 14k steps, 4l water
---
Update:
I had a 2-hour meeting in the day. Mid-way in the meeting someone arrived late, sat right next to me, took out her home-made chicken sandwich and veg stew and started to dig in. No issue but - it's a meeting, you arrive late and take out all your lunch? She didn't contribute or anything, just sat there eating and the smell was quite intense (and nice). I started not to be able to concentrate on the meeting as I thought: I'm going straight to the caffeteria and getting myself one of those handmade sandwiches they make and a soup.
I excused myself from the meeting 15minutes early, went for a walk outside and the craving subsided. Had my exante veg soup instead and was satisfied.
Then, I went to the social event I had on this Thursday evening. I didn't feel like having any alcohol nor did I feel jealous of people so my plan worked. There was a LOT of yummy looking food. And I was hungry. Had brought one of the shakes along with me to have while the other people in my group munched on their plates full of yummy looking foods. While it did satisfy the physical hunger, the smells around me and having soooo many people eating with pleasure around me was VERY challenging. I could barely concentrate on what people were saying as I was staring mesmerised at their plates and taking in the smells.
In the end, to just curve this whole thing I did taste some of the cheese - there were some I had never had or heard of before so I was just genuinely curious... the only thing I did was to literally pick up a droplet of a cutting leftover by others and just to see what they tasted like; it didn't even amount to 5 grams as I did really only had a crumb of each that I was curious about. And that stopped any more cravings. The person whose party it was told us where she had sourced it and apparently they have regular cheese tasting events so I'll just book one later in the year as a nice event to look forward to when I reach my goal. So that's sorted it without me actually eating or anything. I also had 1 half of the tiniest meatball (must've come to about 10grams of protein if it even was that). It was really small and I didn't even like it so that stopped my cravings/curiousity for anything else.

I had however quite a tense chat (over the phone) with one of my friends that I mentioned about a week ago when I had my emotional breakdown-thing or whatever that was. Long story short, after quite a lot of crying things have now stabilised somehow and are better. But I was very upset last night and I really started to crave alcohol but I didn't have any. Feel a bit like a towel physically today and my eyes hurt from the crying but I didn't give up so I guess that's a plus - this is not a diary of my relationships and their ups and downs. This relationship is going to get sorted in the long-run; the key thing here is that despite a high emotional trigger I didn't give in.

Last edited:
Day 26. 70.9kg. Day 2 no alcohol, take #3.
------------------

Last edited:
Thinking of you today- hope you have a better one. You're so near the 60 kgs...
(Your kitties are ADORABLE).
Thank you, Kelpie. I love them dearly! At the bottom is their mummy. At the top it's her little boy (white) and little girl (black-white) that looks so much like her when she was tiny. We are blessed with the best kitties in the world.

Thank you, Kelpie. I love them dearly! At the bottom is their mummy. At the top it's her little boy (white) and little girl (black-white) that looks so much like her when she was tiny. We are blessed with the best kitties in the world.

One of my boys looks so like your mum-cat, with the funny white face stripe. Only difference is he has one white ear (making him even more lop-sided looking but I love him). Cats are the very greatest.

Started to feel worse and worse physically like the other day. No hunger, no cravings and dont want food. Had 1 exante bar and 1l water but still felt like ill collapse. Higher liver pain than yesterday, dizzy, confused, legs like butter, shaky, nauseous and i had to rest my head on the work desk. Cant think straight mind all fuzzy. Happy im alone in the office today. I work near a big hospital so if i do get worried i could try going there.
Told my partner and he suggested gettin some real food. Didnt like anything i saw and despite not fancying it i dragged myself to the place with a bigger array of foods and stuff. 5 minutes of walking that seemed an eternity.
I found my place from now on. Mixed leaves, plain chicken, tomatoes and steamed green beans no dressing. The guy was vv friendly and told me how everything is made to help with my choice. Wont be able to have all these leaves but hope itll help as i do need to work!! Ill see how i go and might skip 1 exante later to keep me at 600cals.

Result! Half way through the salad I was stuffed. Slowly regained my energy, lower limb function and although the pain is not completely gone it's gone from about 6/10 to about a 3/10. Can thankfully think again and I trust I wont collapse on the way home or something. I calculated the calories and it comes to just under 200 for the entire meal. I'm chuffed with that.

Last edited:
One of my boys looks so like your mum-cat, with the funny white face stripe. Only difference is he has one white ear (making him even more lop-sided looking but I love him). Cats are the very greatest.
Aww soo cute! You need to post a picture! :)
What are you reading at the moment. I started Terry Prachet some time ago as my partner really loves him but altho i like my fantasy stuff as well i wasnt that impressed. Maybe im missing something or started with the wrong one...i might give him another chance
And look at you sailing through the 200s! You're almost at changing the first digit! Hurray hurray!

Alt glad you found somewhere to eat and stuck to positive choices. I would up to 800 for the day if you feel so bad hun.

Aww soo cute! You need to post a picture! :)
What are you reading at the moment. I started Terry Prachet some time ago as my partner really loves him but altho i like my fantasy stuff as well i wasnt that impressed. Maybe im missing something or started with the wrong one...i might give him another chance
And look at you sailing through the 200s! You're almost at changing the first digit! Hurray hurray!

I love Sir Terry, but lots of people say not to read him in order... of the Discworld books, my favourites by far are the ones to do with the City Watch (Guards! Guards! etc) but I love fantasy-crime crossover most of all, so... they tick a lot of boxes. Do you like lighthearted things in general? I loved Nick Eames' Kings of the Wyld last year, which is very funny and sweet, and also a good adventure to rip through.
I'm currently reading Myke Cole's novella, The Armored Saint, which isn't lighthearted at all.. in fact, in three chapters, he's given me so much dread, I feel a bit sick. It's written in quite a straightforward style, which isn't usually my bag, but the world and stakes are really well-done, and the main character is brilliant, so no doubt I'll be done with it by tomorrow...

Hope you feel better soon: take care of yourself.

Sorted things out with my friend. Phew! When communication and honesty goes a long way!
The salad put me on my feet. Managed to get some good work done and will compensate a but on Sunday also. Liver pain still there but if still ongoing tomorrow I'm calling my GP first thing. I will need to think of a plan re my boyfriend's birthday.
10K steps, 3.5l water until now and will have a sheperds pie tonight to get me to the desired 600cal. I kept it going despite everything and learned a bit more about managing myself.
Went to a shop and got myself some nice new PJs and a strechy size 8 top which fits perfectly. I'm happy with my purchases and i am looking fwd to wearing the top tomorrow.

Picture of my furry son for you...

Glad you are going to the gp, liver pain sounds scary. Have a good weekend in the meantime!

Attachments

• DE95AF5E-1125-4E4D-9E32-EF0361E8BDAE.jpeg
    DE95AF5E-1125-4E4D-9E32-EF0361E8BDAE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Sorted things out with my friend. Phew! When communication and honesty goes a long way!
The salad put me on my feet. Managed to get some good work done and will compensate a but on Sunday also. Liver pain still there but if still ongoing tomorrow I'm calling my GP first thing. I will need to think of a plan re my boyfriend's birthday.
10K steps, 3.5l water until now and will have a sheperds pie tonight to get me to the desired 600cal. I kept it going despite everything and learned a bit more about managing myself.
Went to a shop and got myself some nice new PJs and a strechy size 8 top which fits perfectly. I'm happy with my purchases and i am looking fwd to wearing the top tomorrow.

Hey Alecto,

Milk Thistle is very good for the liver. Some info here:)

Nice job getting into a size 8! That's what I'm aiming for within the next couple of months. x

Last edited:
Hey Alecto,

Nice job getting into a size 8! That's what I'm aiming for within the next couple of months. x
Mind you it's a stretchy one! I wouldn't fit in a cotton shirt! Im still on 14s on that lol. So 14 is still my regular size. At least they're starting to get baggier every day and i officially no longer have to buy 16s. Happy i didnt purchase them 3 weeks ago and got me exante food instead - ha!

Hey Alecto,

Pain is gone today so i won't bother my gp yet. I will bring it up at my next medications review which i rekon should be soon and i will let my alcohol counsellor know as well when i see her next on the 7th. Thank you for your suggestion, I will get some today or tomorrow when out and about. I read a lot about this also as it is worrying. It's either some sort of damage to the liver (keto + alcohol) or start of gallstones forming. Im inclined to say it's the latter as i didnt really overdo it with alcohol and too many people around here have had the occasional drink without it being damaging. However i do have a history of gallstones in the family which would make me predisposed if i were to lose weight quickly. I dont know for sure though as I've never had them and i only heard my mum and grandma speaking about it a lot back in the day. My alcohol counsellor will be able to send me to a liver blood test to see what's up as she's got access to my GP records and is allowed to do referrals. I also had a lot of warm water yesterday and camomile tea (as i heard those could work too to help things).
As a consequence of this, although i was thinking to drink on the Friday and Saturday of my partner's birthday I am now reducing it to Saturday only (and even that a maybe, ill see), I might have some carbs 48 and 24 hours before to give my body something else to process and i might stick to white wine and drop the spirits as they're metabolises differently.

Pain is gone today so i won't bother my gp yet. I will bring it up at my next medications review which i rekon should be soon and i will let my alcohol counsellor know as well when i see her next on the 7th. Thank you for your suggestion, I will get some today or tomorrow when out and about. I read a lot about this also as it is worrying. It's either some sort of damage to the liver (keto + alcohol) or start of gallstones forming. Im inclined to say it's the latter as i didnt really overdo it with alcohol and too many people around here have had the occasional drink without it being damaging. However i do have a history of gallstones in the family which would make me predisposed if i were to lose weight quickly. I dont know for sure though as I've never had them and i only heard my mum and grandma speaking about it a lot back in the day. My alcohol counsellor will be able to send me to a liver blood test to see what's up as she's got access to my GP records and is allowed to do referrals. I also had a lot of warm water yesterday and camomile tea (as i heard those could work too to help things).
As a consequence of this, although i was thinking to drink on the Friday and Saturday of my partner's birthday I am now reducing it to Saturday only (and even that a maybe, ill see), I might have some carbs 48 and 24 hours before to give my body something else to process and i might stick to white wine and drop the spirits as they're metabolises differently.

I started a thread on here somewhere about high fat diets without a gallbladder.
I had mine remove a couple of years ago. Totally my own fault. I was doing a lot of water fasts. Some for 10 days at a time. (I've never really had a good relationship with food and went from Vegetarian to Vegan to water fasting and buggered up my metabolism in the process)

If you have experience of Gallstone pain within the family you'll know what to look out for. I kind of regret not looking more into possible natural remedies before I had it removed but at the time I was in constant agony and needed the pain to be gone asap. The classic pain is through the chest into the shoulder blades.
If I'm out in company and not wanting to drink then I'll have tonic water, ice and lemon and it always makes me feel like I'm having an alcoholic drink without the alcohol and I'm not accused of being a party pooper because it looks like my favourite tipple VAT. :classic_big_grin:

Sounds like a really positive plan
I had my gallbladder removed in 2014, the pain is worse than childbirth and a broken leg (the other painful stuff that happens) I thought I was dying. In hospital morphine. Jaudince made me yellow and itchy. My dad also had his out and described an attack as the most painful thing he’d every experienced if that helps explain the pain.

Back