Weight loss again

Sounds like a really positive plan
I had my gallbladder removed in 2014, the pain is worse than childbirth and a broken leg (the other painful stuff that happens) I thought I was dying. In hospital morphine. Jaudince made me yellow and itchy. My dad also had his out and described an attack as the most painful thing he’d every experienced if that helps explain the pain.

Ouch! Just thinking back to the sleepless nights, pacing the floor and crying with pain makes my toes curl. Definitely the worst pain I have ever experienced. I'm actually wincing at the thought.

My initial thoughts on the forthcoming party time for my partner's birthday. A Plan that will be rethought and amended as i carry on to the day.
1. On the Friday i made dinner reservations at his favourite restaurant. I looked at the menu and i can have fish and greens and i know the service is lovely and friendly so i can tell them to take out any ingredients i dont want.
2. Saturday is the BBQ. The menu is under my control.
3. Monday (his actual bday) his family wants to go with him to a restaurant and we chose one where again I'm sure I can have something and i can amend ingredients if i wish.
Im a bit disappointed about the Monday appearing in the plan because I wanted to be back onto TS on that day but I'll adapt.
By that time I may have already lost another stone.
That will be my 800cals week as well.

I will be sticking to exantes only up to Thursday (48hrs before the Saturday). On Thursday I'll introduce 1 meal of eggs/chicken/spinach/any greens really to help my body (liver espec) process some other stuff. All withing the 800cal quota of the day.
Friday I will have 1 exante as breakfast, no alcohol, the meal at the restaurant and I am planning to have some boiled potatoes/cheese and bread or something (aargh, panic, carbs! Shh brain, it's fine, we can do this) to ensure i have some glycogen stores built up to get my liver to work with the next day. I will ask the restaurant to make him a nice cake slice and sing him happy birthday but i wont have any (it's his cake in the end! Haha. Not big on sweets anyhoo).
Saturday I'll be making his bday cake, if any is left, whatever he doesnt want the next day will be wrapped and given to guests as they leave. We'll have burgers, steaks, making deviled eggs and a huge salad with dressing on the side and lettuce leaves for the leaf-burger only sandwiches. Some other people are on diets so im sure theyll also appreciate that. Potentially wine - every 1 glass will be followed by a water or dr pepper glass.
Sunday exante only. If i feel too frail im may have 2 eggs with some leaves.
Monday - 1 exante breakfast and the last meal in the evening, protein and non starch veg only.
Tuesday onward TS only.

That weekend will be a whole exercise in self control around normal food and stiking to 800cals a day. Its good in a way as i want to get back onto being good re calorie counting again for maintenance as well as avoiding carbs. Im gonna do the carb thing on Friday solely for the sake of my liver to decrease changes of pain and feeling poorly.
Not sure If this is a good plan, i know starting with Thursday I will already be out of keto as any food kicks me out of it so i might as well stick to normal food combinations until the events are over and get myself back into keto after.
Is this plan the sign that im failing this diet? Donno. I have a bit of an anxiety that this is a sign that im not doing it okay (to be read as perfectly), and a sign i wont be able to maintain later on. The balanced view is that im making it work for my lifestyle while controlling quantities and type of food carefully to help me in the long run. But not sure if that's true or mere rationalizing of bad choices. Ill ponder.
Sorry for long post again.

Picture of my furry son for you...

Glad you are going to the gp, liver pain sounds scary. Have a good weekend in the meantime!
He is soooooo cute! Thank you for sharing. Need to show this to my partner hihi. Crazy cat people we are!

I had my gallbladder removed in 2014, the pain is worse than childbirth and a broken leg (the other painful stuff that happens) I thought I was dying. In hospital morphine. Jaudince made me yellow and itchy. My dad also had his out and described an attack as the most painful thing he’d every experienced if that helps explain the pain.
Crickey sounds awful what you and Keto are saying. Argh. Dont wanna get there. Im not getting younger though so...yeah. I hope its not somethiny im gonna have to start looking forward to :(
The pain is from right under my ribs on the right radiating towards my back. Not had jaundice but it was nausea and shakiness and kinda confused and dizzy. It does tick boxes for incipient gallstones doenst it. Well. Its only via doctor and blood tests ill know for sure. Ill be careful nonetheless!

Do you really think my party weekend plan is okay? A bit worried about that. Hoping for maintain or max 2lb gain during that time and then back on TS. Its not a sign of me failing....right??? This is all the worry coming out btw :/

Crickey sounds awful what you and Keto are saying. Argh. Dont wanna get there. Im not getting younger though so...yeah. I hope its not somethiny im gonna have to start looking forward to :(
The pain is from right under my ribs on the right radiating towards my back. Not had jaundice but it was nausea and shakiness and kinda confused and dizzy. It does tick boxes for incipient gallstones doenst it. Well. Its only via doctor and blood tests ill know for sure. Ill be careful nonetheless!

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, honestly.

Please if you are starting with gallstone symptoms do something about it now. I wish I had of been more proactive earlier and managed to save my gallbladder. The surgeon told me there was nothing that could have been done to save it. I'm not convinced. I wish I had at least of tried some complimentary /self help before it got so bad. I've found this article for you Here Educate yourself on it. :)

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, honestly.

Please if you are starting with gallstone symptoms do something about it now. I wish I had of been more proactive earlier and managed to save my gallbladder. The surgeon told me there was nothing that could have been done to save it. I'm not convinced. I wish I had at least of tried some complimentary /self help before it got so bad. I've found this article for you Here Educate yourself on it. :)

Thank you ❤

Day 27. 70.7kg.
Going to a festival and meeting some friends later. Had my porridge, got 2 exantes on me, water and Dr Pepper zero. Let the shenanigans begin :) looking fwd to this :)
---------------
I had a brilliant time! 3L water down and 1 more to come, gonna have my red bean chilli in a second, 16k steps and a lot of dancing. Had some daft comments re my diet and some silly people trying to get me to drink or have a take away but i honestly dont give a damn. I dont tell them what to put im their bodies so i just smiled and nodded and said nothing. Or made a joke. Not my issue really.
All good and really loved to have that boogie :)

Last edited:
I think your plan looks great.

My break for my wedding anniversary will be

31st 800 cals no carbs (1 exante, salad and protein)

1st 1000 cals with 40g of carbs

2nd full day off it’s gin tasting and BBQ

3rd 800 cals (3 packs and 1 200 cal meal)

I know the potential to spiral is there but I’m mindful and determined, plus am being kind to myself. You’ve got this Alt x

I think your plan looks great.

My break for my wedding anniversary will be

31st 800 cals no carbs (1 exante, salad and protein)

1st 1000 cals with 40g of carbs

2nd full day off it’s gin tasting and BBQ

3rd 800 cals (3 packs and 1 200 cal meal)

I know the potential to spiral is there but I’m mindful and determined, plus am being kind to myself. You’ve got this Alt x

I think you're right the determination, mindfulness, kindness to oneself are key if you plan breaks for important events. Thank you x

Day 28. 70.5kg.
------
Woke up with a splitting head ache. I think the dancing made me dehydrated and i slept so deep that i didnt wake up to drink any water. Turned into a duck again now.
Normal day diet wise at the horizon but quite busy otherwise. Were going for a little hike locally, then my partner's mum plays in a band so were going to a pub to see her play, have some house chores, need to finish a bit of work, and i should sort out some bank stuff. I've got the energy and motivation but Ill see if im planning too many things on 1 day again, as I usually do.
-------------
End of day: hike turned into stroll and lazing about in the park. The band will play next Sunday, not this one. Lol. Silly! We had a good laugh. My partner's gone on an adventure on a late Sunday evening to find fish and chips he's craving. Tbf hes not had any take aways in over a month so why not? I wished him luck as i think he had his craving quite late in the day lol. I have my chamomile and peppermint tea to keep ms busy :)
7k steps, 3l water, 1 dr pepper, 3 exantes. Was courageous and tried the carbonara. Not as vile as i was expecting but not great. Put some pepper and a drop of tomato paste to make it nicer but still wasnt... Meh. At least got rid of the 1 pack i had.
Onward to tomorrow!

Last edited:
Week 5. Day 29.
70.4kg (11.1st, 155pounds)
Week loss= 1.2kg (2.6lb)
Overall loss = 7.2kg (1.13st, 15.8lb)

New day, new week. Have a good one y'all!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the right-hand side-under the rib cage pain has returned together with the nausea. No other symptoms. GP appointment to check it out has been booked. Contingency plans are being looked at for the different outcomes of this appointment.
In my mind it doesn't really make sense that it would be related in ANY way with the diet. I haven't lost many many times more than the recommended 1kg per week. Weight loss is necessary if gallbladder problems develop. I also read that if they do develop during weight loss it is because there were problems there to begin with that were unsymptomatic (I have been known to have some bile issues when I was younger, that were never looked at properly). If this ends up being the outcome, hopefully the doctor will still be in favour of the diet, I will try to discuss it in detail. The GP may favorise me including some extra spinach/greens alongside things which will indeed be do-able. I will not think about it temporarily but will think it in more detail when I cross that bridge. But I am not shifting off this diet until I'm done.

Last edited:
Ignored the pain (apart from booking the GP and reading up on various potential explanations). Ill know more later in the month. Finishing the day well otherwise. Went to squash, 45mins of intense running around. 5.5l water, 12k steps, 3 exantes and had 1 poached egg with 15gr of low fat cheese putting me at just under 800cals. The egg really put me on my feet, good choice post-exercise. Pain subsided interestingly...

I’d highly recommend the Keto cashew chicken receipe or minute steak rolls with spinach and mushrooms 😋
Not fully ready to introduce foods. Ill do as many TSs as I can. But watched the video and it looks lovely. I will try it once i feel more courageous on that side of things!

Last edited:
I wonder if it's wrong to think that...people are doing so well and I am just failing with this diet. May be a silly thought...im afraid i will fail myself with this...maybe ive been messing about and now im losing confidence in myself. Or maybe i just put too much pressure on myself and if it isnt perfect then i lash out at myself. Not sure...i should be keeping to this 100%...but i can see i am not.

Day 30. 70.5kg. A bit up.
Hoping for a good one today. Dentist's appointment later. Sorting out my health one by one.
Bruises are back (right upper leg is full of them); headche last night despite almost 6l water; right side tummy pain back also - got my partner to do the Murphy test on me and it certainly was positive. Looking fwd to the GP appointment.
Such a rollercoaster this is for me....:(
Keep calm. Carry on. Determined to get to goal no matter what.
------------

Hope the doctor can shed light for you soon. Don't be too hard on yourself while your health is suffering... you are not failing at all, stay confident and keep going. Rest up if you can. Everyone has a different situation... more flexible work, retirement, no dependents, whatever the case may be.. you are still going at life full-pelt, which is a GOOD thing, but difficult to compare between people. Take care!

Hope the doctor can shed light for you soon. Don't be too hard on yourself while your health is suffering... you are not failing at all, stay confident and keep going. Rest up if you can. Everyone has a different situation... more flexible work, retirement, no dependents, whatever the case may be.. you are still going at life full-pelt, which is a GOOD thing, but difficult to compare between people. Take care!

Thank you, Kelpie. Maybe I am beating myself up again and putting too much pressure on myself. Thank you for the reminder that no comparisons are needed. Hope your day goes well! x

Back