Weight loss buddy needed!

butterflymad

Hello

I just joined WW this week and am looking for a buddy as doing it online.

The reason I am losing the weight is to feel sexy, be confident and happy within myself. Also because I am getting married in may and do not want to look back at my photos ad be disgusted.

I have no will power and do need the help with motivation. Reason for not attending classes is I do not like the leader near me.

Thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

HI, I would love to buddy up!! We r almost the same weight,i am 18.8 and i am desperate to lose a few stones before a holiday in October. I have also just switched from sw,i lost a stone in the first 6 weeks but have not lost a bean for the last 4 weeks despite doing a lot of exercise,so i am starting weight watchers on tuesday, got a family meal out planned for monday as it's the last day of the easter hols so thought i would just wait til after that.
Hopefully we can motivate each other, are you getting married this May or May next year?

Hello

That is brilliant. I done SW a while back and lost 2 stone but put it on and it hasnt worked since! I joined online Thursday and have been 100% as am determined but I am the sort of person to easily be swayed to naughty things!

Are you going anywhere nice? May next year I am getting married, dress measurements are brig taken in August so need to lose as much as I can by then.

What made to turn to WW. With me I think I need to be more in control of my portion sizes but food is all I can think about ATM it's like an obsession really.

Xx

Well we haven't booked anything yet but are think about Mexico, found this all inclusive resort on the first choice website that looks gorgeous so that is our first choice at the moment.

I am like you, i am easliy led astray!!! It doesn't take much persueding for me to order a take away and open a bottle of red!!! lol But i really really want to succeed this time and sw just wasn't working for me,and the only thing i can pin point is my portion sizes,i think i miust have been eating too much of the free foods. The fact that i am the cook in a primary school doesn't help, i'm surrounded by pizza,fish and chips macaroni,cakes and custard etc all week!!! lol

Anyway i now only have 6 months left to lose as much as possible so ww is definately the way to go, i lost 5 stone in 4 months a few years back on the old points system so hopefully i will be able to lose at least 4 stone before i go away. You have over a year til your wedding so it's great your starting now,plenty of time so not so much pressure.

Have you started doing any exercise yet?

Wow 5 stone?? Thats amazing!! I am looking to lose 61/2 or 7 by the end of jan as once I have my first dress fitting I can not loose too much weight which is going to be hard maintaining I think!

The only exercise I have done is on the Xbox with Zumba or the dancing games! What about you?

I really struggle with what to have for dinners as I do get bored of they get repetitive! I did convert some of the slimming world recipes I think the chilli which i love anyways.

Mexico sounds lovely! Wish I was going on holiday this year :-( I know OH is planning our honeymoon but not sure where that will be! Need a break I think haha

Xx

Yeah i can't wait to go away somewhere, i haven't been on a proper holiday in about 8 years!! I hope ur OH is planning somewhere exotic for your honeymoon!! Is he doing ww with you? I only live with my 15 yr old daughter who eats endless junk,lies in bed all day, and is a skinny minnie (b***h) lol, so not much support at home but all the girls i work with are trying to lose weight too so at least it helps me stay away from temptation during the day.

I forced myself to start going to the sports centre beside my house last month, i have being paying for a family membership for about 4 years and hardly ever used it so i am finally getting my moneys worth at last!! I started off by doing 1 zumba class and swimming,then after a couple of weeks i added in another zumba class,then i got a gym programme made up which is 30 mins cardio and 30 mins weights,so will try and do that 3 times a week. I also tried body pump last monday and quite liked it,it wasn't as hard as i thought it would be. I tried spinning but my bum was soooo sore for the 4 days after i could hardly sit down!!! lol I have a couple of fitness games for my wii but am just not motivated enough to get off my bum and do them!!

I kinda struggle with dinners too, my daughter doesn't really like veg or salad,and if she thinks i am making a "diet" dinner she screws up her nose. So i find it hard to make a variety of meals we can both eat coz i hate having to make 2 meals for 2 people or just feeding her crap. I guess i just need to plan more instead of buying a load of food then trying to decide what meals to make out of it. Maybe we can swap meal ideas,and theres a thread where people post what they're having for dinner we can look at, at the moment i feel i have far more choices than i did on sw.

No he doesn't do diet food haha. He won't touch a salad! It is a shame but he will eat everything else! The thing I am liking is that I do not have to cook everything from scratch as lately had no time to do it all as studying in the evenings after work!

I have told him I want it a surprise but I think it will be somewhere like the channel islands as so many places we want to see round the uk!

My mum is trying to loose a bit more weight and is eating WW stuff but he loves her chocolate but she has lost most of hers think she just wants half a stone of so to be happy!

Def up for sharing meals. My week doesn't seem to bad as got some things I have never cooked before but I like doing that on a weekend. I find having the same boring and then I think stuff it haha. But with the leisure of having a pizza is nice while my points are high. (WW pizza!) I will have a look of I an find the forum. Completely lost on my phone with this!

I really hope that being this much in control will push me, I don't really have the support with friends etc so it is nice to have you as my buddy :)

Hope you are having a lovely weekend xx

Yeah it's nice to have some support outside of work, my mum and daughter do encourage me but they are both skinny and always have been so they don't really understand how hard it is sometimes.

I have just had a lovely lunch out with my mum, my auntie and my daughter, we were using up the last of my Bella Italia tesco vouchers,i have eaten quite a lot of fatty stuff over the last 3 or 4 days, so actually looking forward to getting back to healthy eating.

Have planned most of my food for tomorrow, i am going to take a ww bagel - 4pp to work for breakfast and have choc philly - 2pp and banana on it, then for lunch i think i will take some ham out of freezer at work and just have a ham salad - 3pp,and maybe some lentil soup if i can be bothered making it, tomorrow nights dinner is going to be chicken fajitas as Lucy(daughter) likes those too, chicken - 4pp, fajita mix - 1pp, 2 ww wraps - 6pp, lots of peppers and onions - 0pp, corn on the cob - 2pp. So hope that looks ok, not used to having to point everything, think it will take me a while to get used to it again!! What sort of things have you been having to eat?

Looks like my starter pack that i ordered from the ww site has arrived while i was out today (typical!!) having the shopping and eating out guides and the calculator should help,so i'll go and collect it after work.

Hope you had a good weekend, i can't believe thats the easter hols over already and i'm back to work tomorrow but i always find the holidays go sooo fast!!! Still can't complain too much only 10 weeks till the summer hols!! lol

Looks like your day for tomorrow sounds lush. Making me hungry. Gone over points today as so stressed! But I haven't eaten all weeklies still have 30 and 14 unused activity!

Is that all there is till the summer hols! My mum used to be a dinner lady when I was a primary school so had the school times off which was nice.

I need to invest in the bagels as forgot to get some in my shop this week! I have a ready meal tomorrow for dinner. Peri peri chicken with rice. Sounds nice.

I wish my oh was more supporting but I think he tries to sabotage my diet. Have been good so hoping for a good lose Thursday.

Do you go to class or online or doing it alone?

Xx

I have an online membership at the moment,not sure how long i'll keep paying though. I collected my starter pack from the post office today so have all the books and a calculator so not sure if paying for the site is worth it, i'll see how it goes.

Lucy is a bit of a saboteur too!!! She has been going on about doing dominoes 2 for tuesdays since last night!!! But it's my first day so i can be strong and resist!! lol

I'm sure you'll get a good loss on Thursday,you have loads of points left and have obviously done a bit of exercise. I haven't done any exercise yet this week, TOTM arrived yesterday so didn't feel like going to body pump last night and i didn't get to the gym this afternoon as i was trying to sort out a problem at my daughters school. So really have to get my arse in gear for the rest of the week. My food planning kind of went out the window too, i was so busy this morning that i only had time for a banana,so never got my bagel :( ,and i was totally starving by lunchtime so had a baked potato,small chargrilled chicken breast and green beans. Still ok points wise.

Right need to go start dinner, be back on later. xx

I have monthly but plan to change it to just online as won't have time to get to classes! I love the app on my phone so would like to keep it just for that ideally!

Yesterday was a bad day for me as I didn't have time to make my lunch but had a feta salad today which wasn't too bad just needed more stuff to bulk it out. Stressing at the moment with exam revision. Starting to think wrong career choice haha!!

You did sound busy yesterday. Horrible when totm is. I gave up chocolate for lent when I had mine. Was moody without it haha.

I plan to make the most of my points while they still high! But look forward to them decreasing though.

I am round my mums for dinner Thursday and emailed her a recipe off the website. If you decide to leave and want me to look up for you. Just ask :).

On my way home now from work to get home and watch a 2.5 hr lecture. Just want to cry. This is when I turn to food! I will have 10 pp after dinner to use so may have a snack when I get in.

Speak soon. I will be doing our meal plan for next week soon so will put it on here for you to look at.

Xx

Oohh you must be brainy, just keep telling yourself all the stress and studying will all be worth it when you get a fab job at the end!!

How was your day?

I have had a pretty good day, for breakfast i had fruit and yogurt ( 1 of the new muller light coconut greek ones, was very nice), a ham salad and ww bagel for lunch and for dinner i made pasta in a tomato and veg sauce with mozzarella on top. I weighed out 90g of pasta and it looked such a small amount but once it was mixed with the sauce which had loads of veg in it i actually only managed to eat half,so that was good!!! I'll take the leftovers to work for lunch tomorrow.

Still haven't been to gym this week, definately going to zumba tomorrow night.

Do you use all your weekly points? I was going to use mine over the weekend but not sure if i should use them all.

Haha. Nah not brainy. Yea that is what I need to keep thinking. I am busy with the studies till mid June now.

Your day sounds good. I didn't have a good day. Fell out with OH so hardly ate in the evening. Think I had 6 pp left over cos I was just in a mood. Kinda glad I didnt turn to food.

I weighed myself this morning. Lost 3.5lbs. I didn't use all my weeklies think I had 25ish left so did use half of them! I am going to use some this weekend as we having a takeaway as both out all day Saturday (not with each other)

When is our weigh day? Do you weigh morning or night?

Xx

Hey :) ... i have a team called the Summer Shredders, you are both more then welcome to join, we help each other with good and bad days, as i too needed help from others .. if you would both like to join then you will find the team under the Team section
Good luck on your weight loss journeys :)

Hi, sorry to hear you and ur OH fell out but it's great you didn't turn to food and have a binge like i probably would have done.

Well done on a fab 3.5lbs off, i am weighing on a tuesday and first thing in the morning after i've peed to maximize my loss!! lol Kinda looking forward to my first ww weigh in and dreading it at the same time, i didn't lose an ounce during the last 4 weeks i was on sw so i'll be gutted if i haven't lost anything again.

Hello! Sorry for the delayed reply been so busy.

Yea it was rubbish but probs only third time we have fallen out like that in 4 years.

I am pleased with the loss. Going to start class on Monday so will be a new weigh day which is nice as mum and her friend (my hairdresser for wedding) are going.

I am off food shopping. Can't afford much this week as money tight so all cheap = easy unhealthy. Can't afford fruit ATM.

How have your days been? I have even really naughty today so expect a gain Monday as it is not even a week to loose.

Speak soon. Xx

I hate those skint weeks, it's so unfair it's cheaper to eat crap than it is to eat healthy!! I am lucky that there is almost always fruit and salad stuff left over at the end of the week at work so i can take some home.

I have been a bit naughty too, i had a chicken fried rice and a small spring roll from chinese and a bottle of red wine!! I have counted it all but have used all my dailies and 18 weeklies. On the upside i went to zumba last night and the gym after work today. Just need to make sure i don't go mental for the rest of the weekend!!

It is rubbish the skint weeks. I am joining a group tonight do next week will buy few salad stuff etc.

How was your weekend? Well done on the Zumba. I was going to do some last night but OH hogged the tv haha.

Back