Weight loss chewing gum

icemoose

The Diet Guy
Very interesting :) I went through upteen years of just being told that I need to eat less and exercise more and I was just plain greedy, so it's refreshing when they come up with these things.

But...speaking from experience :rolleyes: reckon it'll take ages before it becomes readily available, then probably prescription only. Having tried getting help from my doctor in way of xenical or reductil and constantly being told that our area doesn't fund 'that sort of thing'...and besides...18.5 stone is no where near big enough even if they did...then I guess I wouldn't have been fortunate enough to try this one.

I do remember saying to the doctor "okay...I'll come back when I've put on 10 more stone if you like...easy peasy...just give a month or two" :D Stupid really, but when you are desperate for help.........

GMTV said this morning that it would be 7 years before it's on the market here.

Reb

"We hit on the idea of a chewing gum because obese people like chewing" Professor Steve Bloom, lead researcher

Well he is not a professor for nothing. I guess skinny people can't stand the stuff.

I assume he also advocates that fat people are both happy and lazy.

Personally I think this gum is a load of bo****ks, they haven't actually tested it on obese people and like brad points out the person making the comment of:

"We hit on the idea of a chewing gum because obese people like chewing"

Sounds like a complete idiot.

Okay so potentially people could reduce their food intake by 20% - so what? Will that actually lead to weight-loss? And just say someone does manage to lose some weight with this gum - it will not address any problems with food they might have or re-educate them into eating healthily, so the weight could easily go back on.

I just wish someone would better control how money researching obesity was spent, this idea sounds gimmicky and poorly thought through.

Anyway I'll stop ranting now and calm down :p:mad:;)

Luv CC xxx xx xxx

oh how that rang a bell :(

Having tried getting help from my doctor in way of xenical or reductil and constantly being told that our area doesn't fund 'that sort of thing'...and besides...18.5 stone is no where near big enough even if they did...then I guess I wouldn't have been fortunate enough to try this one.

I do remember saying to the doctor "okay...I'll come back when I've put on 10 more stone if you like...easy peasy...just give a month or two" :D Stupid really, but when you are desperate for help.........

Back