Weight Loss Counselling

Awaken Me

On my Way...
Hi,

I'm looking for a programme which is similar to the counselling side of LighterLife. I would love to do it but I just can't get on with the shakes and at the moment for both ease and taste Cambridge Diet Tetras are the best option for me.

I want to look at the reasons behind why I gained the weight and identify triggers etc.

I've looked into some counsellors who deal with eating disorders but they deal mainly with anorexia/bulimia.

I also looked at NLP which could be useful but there is so much info out there regarding counselling. I would be grateful if anyone had and suggestions which type of counselling would suit or could point me in the right direction.

Thanks again..xx

:D Thank you Blonde Logic, I'll do a bit more digging around on the internet..xx

PS - I forgot to thank you for your reply to my message left the other day - you're right it never is the same when our Dad's are gone :(

Hi There,

There was a guy on here called Ice Moose, I know he does this kind of thing specifically for weight loss. I forget his website name now but I will post tonight when I get home.
He is great and certainly helped me with some things I never thought I would get sorted in my head.

Oh wait I remember his website is called No Willpower required.
Mike Scott's No Willpower Required Newsletter

Have a look subscribe to his newsletters or contact him directly.

Good Luck

T

I subscribe to Mike's newsletter. It's free and it's a great help, nut it wouldnt be enough on its' own for me.
One powerful message he gave that sticks with me was the analogy.
I can ride a bike, but it doesn't mean I do it all the time. Sometimes I choose to drive a car instead.
Same with food. We all know how to eat it
(that's for sure!)but we can choose not to.
Godd luck Awaken Me. Doing it in memory of your Dad will give you strength. xx

Hi,
I also wanted to look at triggers etc so that I'm giving myself the best chance of achieving my goal and maintaining it. I chose to see a counsellor on an individual basis. The one I go to came recommended through a friend who's doing a counselling degree course. She uses a psychodynamic approach which looks at how issues in our past manifest themselves as actions in our present. We're also looking at coping strategies for dealing with emotions (so as not to use food, of course!).

Hope this helps. Happy to chat more if you want to. Good luck with everything x

Hi,

I'm looking for a programme which is similar to the counselling side of LighterLife. I would love to do it but I just can't get on with the shakes and at the moment for both ease and taste Cambridge Diet Tetras are the best option for me.

I want to look at the reasons behind why I gained the weight and identify triggers etc.

I've looked into some counsellors who deal with eating disorders but they deal mainly with anorexia/bulimia.

I also looked at NLP which could be useful but there is so much info out there regarding counselling. I would be grateful if anyone had and suggestions which type of counselling would suit or could point me in the right direction.

Thanks again..xx

Hia Awaken Me,

I have been attending a counsellor who does one-to-one sessions using Transactional Analysis. I found her through Yell and she is local, just about three miles from me. I went to an initial session (free) and as a result went to my first proper session last week. I highly recommend TA, I first learned about it through LL, but did not feel able to discuss things in a group environment. One to one is much better for me.

I am not really attending for weight loss, because for me compulsive eating is just a symptom. I am confident that TA will finally enable me to stop living a half life and find the old me again.

I wish you luck in finding a good TA counsellor, Awaken me.

AJ

Back