Weight loss Diary & General musings...

Hey Krissy you're back!!! And with a weight loss as well! Woo hoo!!!! Sounds like you are having some interesting shopping experiences trying to figure out which sizes fit properly in which stores. When you find something you like, don't forget to post a photo! I'm sure there are some wonderful clothes out there that you will look fab it! :)

How're you getting on? Still hanging in there with CD? Working on wedding preparations? Enjoying spring?

Hey Tizzy, It's so hard to find nice clothes when you're body has changed so much! Everything I would've grabbed before doesn't fit right now and neither does anything I like it seems lol. I'm quite small on top now but hips are still big so dresses can be abit of a 'mare, been browsing all morning for one to wear to a wedding and really struggling!

Still hanging in with CD, abit tricky with all the breaks I've had to stick to the shakes, had a few mini lapses with a nibble on some nuts or a chicken meal. So having a mix of SS and SS+ really but aslong as I don't go carb crazy I should still lose, even if its not as fast as straight SS would be.

Wedding prep is going alright, meeting a photog next weekend so hoping to book her if we like her! Been thinking of colour themes and its between red for a rockabilly wedding or pink & green for a shabby chic wedding. Really can't decide until I find a dress and can't look for a dress until I hit my goal of 10 stone, argggh!

Been busy pinning away things I like, have a browse if you like Kristina Corne (krissykat89) on Pinterest

But for now here's the bridesmaid dresses I would have if I go with red
188236459394765659_TDkAPPSP_f.jpg

Nice dress - it's so much fun! And you can do a 50's glam to it as well. I like that you're thinking of bold colours - most weddings tend to be a bit insipid or subdued... a red dress with polka dots is definitely neither! :D Just checked out the pin site (never seen that before). I like the hair band on the side, rather than in front and I love the white dress with the sweet heart neckline and flared skirt (again 50s). Really really pretty - I think you'd look fab in something like that! Are you thinking of going for a veil as well?

I'm not big on fashion but from watching "what not to wear" it would seem that you could wear dresses and tops that are form fitting on top and that then flare out a bit either from just under the bust line or from the waist. In fact, I'm sure you have something that is cut along those lines and it looks good (woman with memory like a sieve is trying to remember your pix - sigh).

My aunt just arrived from the US and within a couple of minutes she was all over me on how much weight I lost. I was a bit shocked, as I arrived at the airport to pick her up in a baggy outdoor jacket and old pair of jeans - but she says she can see it in my face. :) Finally it's being noticed! Course, the people I see more frequently might either not notice the incremental changes or not feel comfortable commenting...

At any rate, I look forward to shopping for new clothes, in normal size stores. Course I haven't a clue what is likely to look good on me or if there will be anything that I like in the stores when I get there (you know how some seasons you look and look and nothing is interesting?). We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, as I have no intention of buying anything til then. Might have to bring a couple of girlfriends with me to help.... Ah, things to look forward to one sunny day....

ohh I love wedding prep, keep us updated on this! Your ideas sound great!
My hips are massive compared to my waist/top (usually a 12inch difference) and I usually go for tops/dresses that are fitting at the top and forgiving at the hips.

silencemylips said:
My hips are massive compared to my waist/top (usually a 12inch difference) and I usually go for tops/dresses that are fitting at the top and forgiving at the hips.

That's what most ladies do Hun lol xx

Nice dress - it's so much fun! And you can do a 50's glam to it as well. I like that you're thinking of bold colours - most weddings tend to be a bit insipid or subdued... a red dress with polka dots is definitely neither! :D Just checked out the pin site (never seen that before). I like the hair band on the side, rather than in front and I love the white dress with the sweet heart neckline and flared skirt (again 50s). Really really pretty - I think you'd look fab in something like that! Are you thinking of going for a veil as well?

I'm not big on fashion but from watching "what not to wear" it would seem that you could wear dresses and tops that are form fitting on top and that then flare out a bit either from just under the bust line or from the waist. In fact, I'm sure you have something that is cut along those lines and it looks good (woman with memory like a sieve is trying to remember your pix - sigh).

My aunt just arrived from the US and within a couple of minutes she was all over me on how much weight I lost. I was a bit shocked, as I arrived at the airport to pick her up in a baggy outdoor jacket and old pair of jeans - but she says she can see it in my face. :) Finally it's being noticed! Course, the people I see more frequently might either not notice the incremental changes or not feel comfortable commenting...

At any rate, I look forward to shopping for new clothes, in normal size stores. Course I haven't a clue what is likely to look good on me or if there will be anything that I like in the stores when I get there (you know how some seasons you look and look and nothing is interesting?). We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, as I have no intention of buying anything til then. Might have to bring a couple of girlfriends with me to help.... Ah, things to look forward to one sunny day....

Thanks Tizzy its either going to be a 50's style wedding or shabby chic, can't decide til I pick out a dress damn. Probably won't wear a veil but think h2b would like it, maybe a birdcage one if anything. I do tend to go for the dresses that cut under the bust then flare, the only problem is with my shortness alot of the dresses now like the tea dresses and shirt dresses have low bust lines and don't sit right on me :(.
Still I've put in an order with DP for nearly £200's worth of clothes that I'm going to try on and send back, got loads of dresses so hopefully find one I can wear to my friends wedding and one for my aunts funeral next tuesday.
Its fab when you see people that haven't seen you since you started the diet, they notice the difference alot more than the people that see you all the time and that lil boost of confidence it gives you is lovely too.

Krissy you're doing great! Love the dresses! Reminds me of Spangles! AWh! Miss her, hope she'll post soon.

Thanks Doll! I wonder where she's got to! Surely back from NY now?

Thanks hun, got so many wedding ideas but no idea where to start!
I think the difference between my hips and waist is probably the same, although I haven't been measured in 3 weeks, consultant slacking abit there! Will get her to do it next week.
I think thats probably why I prefer dresses now, jeans seem to make me feel bigger around the hips and belly even though I'm a size 16 down from a 22!
Too cold to wear any dresses at the mo thou :(

Right.

So I had my weigh in last night and lost another 2.5lbs yay, 12st 11.5!
Wasn't expecting much as I've been munching on nuts and chicken all week. I am starting to struggle abit, all these breaks have had a big impact on that and the temptation is becoming abit much at times. Still, I'm losing. Even if its abit slower its still coming off and thats the main thing so I'm still happy with my 2.5lb loss!

Total loss is now 5st 5lbs :)

Not sure how next weeks weigh in will be as its the day after my aunts funeral so I might eat and drink but I haven't decided yet. If I do the scales will probably show a big ol' gain but I know most of that would be gone in a week! Still do NOT want to see the 13s ever again!

Going to see the Graham Norton show tonight as a friend got some priority tix, looking forward to it but not looking forward to the journey getting to waterloo all by my self! Sniffle. I'm not very independent when it comes to travelling, rely too heavily on b/f being with me. *deep breath*

Hey krissy well done on your loss that's fab news u must feel fab! Sorry to hear about your aunt :( even if u are picking it is on the right things not chocolate or carbs its still protien right so that's a step in the right direction! It must be fab trying on all these clothes I can't wait to get to a 16 or a 14 where I can truly spend loadsa money on clothes!!!!

Thanks hun. I know I can eat nuts and chicken but still feel guilty when I do, weird huh?!
Although my CDC said mango is available to order now so she's getting some next week so I can't wait to try that, hopefully revive my love for shakes and keep my interest on those for awhile. Live off tetras as much as I can though cos I can't be bothered mixing shakes anymore, mehhh.
I was tempted to have a milk chocolate digestive the other day til I saw how many carbs were in it, 10 carbs in 1 biscuit!!!
Madness.

I thought I would be happy being a size 16 in jeans but I still feel huge! Tummy needs to go but its not shifting.
Need to take new pics at some point this weekend to compare with my first ones.

Lol reading the carb/fat and calories always puts me off lol its shocking sometimes and who knows if 1 biccie wouldn't turn into 5, it does with me lol! I am so like that I live off hot choc tetras and bars cos can't be arsed doing normal shakes lol ooh the stubborn belly, it will go in time hun prob in the last stone and sit ups or the plank thing will help!!!

Plank thing? Need to get back on wii fit but so laaaaazy.

I know, I could've easily eaten a pack of biscuits in a day before this diet, used to take packs with me to work to much during the day. God its so bad! Don't think I'll ever have biscuits in the house again after seeing that. Which is a good thing I suppose ;)

I loved my Wii but we changed it for the Xbox and now my girlies run around me and it picks them up and not me lol

Krissykat said:
Plank thing? Need to get back on wii fit but so laaaaazy.

I know, I could've easily eaten a pack of biscuits in a day before this diet, used to take packs with me to work to much during the day. God its so bad! Don't think I'll ever have biscuits in the house again after seeing that. Which is a good thing I suppose ;)

YouTube the plank excercise, its a killer but is supposed to be gd for tummy muscles!

I loved my Wii but we changed it for the Xbox and now my girlies run around me and it picks them up and not me lol

Haha, I've been on the xbox kinnect a couple of times and its bloody hard work! Good exercise I guess but not when you have no motivation, must get back into it this week to counteract anything I eat or drink at the wake tuesday... so I hope anyway

YouTube the plank excercise, its a killer but is supposed to be gd for tummy muscles!

Oh dear lol! I'll have to check that out in my lunch break. A guy I work with used to be a personal trainer so I asked him about burning fat on certain areas and he said it doesn't really work that way, the fat just comes off where it wants too. You can tone certain areas but they will still be covered by the fat lol. Think I should start trying to tone my belly though so it doesn't go sagging :)

Thanks hun, got so many wedding ideas but no idea where to start!
I think the difference between my hips and waist is probably the same, although I haven't been measured in 3 weeks, consultant slacking abit there! Will get her to do it next week.
I think thats probably why I prefer dresses now, jeans seem to make me feel bigger around the hips and belly even though I'm a size 16 down from a 22!
Too cold to wear any dresses at the mo thou :(

Leggings and long, bot covering tops are your friend if it's too cold for dresses, that or a body con to cover your bot and tuck a top in to show off your smaller waist. I can't wait till I stop wearing leggings and dare to wear jeans again!

Jeans with thermal tights are what I'm wearing at the mo! When my 18s got too big I wore tracky bottoms, jeggings and thermal tights under 'em! Its freezing where I work so have to layer up!
Tried a pencil dress with a frilly top and tight bottom, looked awful! My back and bum looked great cos it was all smooth but the front belly was far too bumpy.

My dorothy perkins order has just turned up so I may have to do a fashion show on here tomorrow so you can all help me decide which ones to keep ;)

How exciting! I hope there are some wonderful things in the DP order - am looking forward to seeing the fashion show! :)

Back