weight loss difference???

Hi everyone,

I am looking through the weight losses of the "old timers" and it seems that it can vary alot from week to week.

Does anyone know if there is anything they do different in the weeks when they have a big loss?

Do you drink more water? Have u been more active? Any patterns that you can think of???

thanks
julz
x

I have tried to work this out too! The only thing that made a difference for me was making sure I went to the loo every day!!!! Some people lose huge amounts with no exercise and some lose small amounts with loads of exercise!!!

Definitely more water!!! Also i seemed to lose less a week before TOTM! xxx

Your weight loss is awesome! I want to loose 2 stone in 5 weeks also!!!!! Do u do exercise sara???

x

i drink about 3 litres of water a day... thats about 6 pints i think.... is this what u would have drank tracy???

i so want to do this to the very best that i can.

x

I dont think it an exact science? We all are very different and it seems to show, thepoor women are so up and down with there mental cycles and hormones all over,glad im a bloke but respect to you girlies for sticking at it .xxThe only pattern I see with mine is 3 weeks in the 17's then 4 in the 16's then 3 15's then 4again and it looking like 4 in the 12's.

My losses have been big, but I fully expect them to slow down at some point....I seem to lose more TOTM and less the week after?:confused:

Hey hun, I have done VLCDs in the past and found that generally I would lose 3-4lbs a week except for when TOTM coming up due to water retention. Sometimes people who have more to lose will lose faster, it is not an exact science as has already been said. Losses in the first 2 weeks are almost always more than average 3-4.

Recommend drinking as much as poss to avoid this, but generally fluctuating weightloss is quite common. The rule of 3lbs a week generally applies when following a VLCD but there are 2 further ones you might like to be aware of:

- if you have a low loss/stay the same for a week, the likelihood is it will catch up the following week and you will see a larger than normal loss on the scales

- if you do not see a loss/have a small loss, you will be losing inches- make sure you do your measurements each week as on the depressing loss weeks you will be motivated by the fact that it is usually at this point when you seem to shrink!!

Good luck honey xx

hmmmm.... just have to "weight" and see then i guess....
x

Thanks wannabslim! xxx

5 litres... wow - think i am going to up my water intake.

I bought myself a new pair of trainers tonight cos im going to start going to keep fit classes.

So gonna drink 5 litres of water a day and go to 3 keep fit classes next week.... hopefully this will ensure a good loss.

x

Ok... yeah i will definitley do only what i can... thanks for ur advice lillie :) xox

I started exercising after week 2. Weeks 3 & 4 went nuts with it. Week 5 did almost none! Crazy busy and TOTM and couldn't be arsed!! Don't know if it helps with the weight but definitely tones and the inches drop off!

I've not exercised at all, only just started walking alot more as i find i can now, I think once you have lost a bit then it is worth exercising to tone up any 'flabby/hangy' bits that may appear!!! I find i do lose a bit more when i have upped my water. Good luck, This is the best thing you could have done.
T x

My mum is starting LT tomorrow with her OH - they are away out to the indian tonight for their last supper - i showed mum this site earlier this evening and we looked at ur stats sarah... mum was like wow!!!! ur results are amazing!!

I am going to exercise this week - going to aim for 3 good sessions, I want to look soooooooooooooooooooooo hot and feel toned and comfortable in my new body!! lol

xoxoxoxox

monsoon - ur pics are like 2 different people! what an incredible transformation in just 14 weeks! this LT blows my mind!!! xxxxx

I wanted to ask this question 2 think it's really interesting, but I do agree with every1 that water is a definate factor. I've had quite constant losses until this week I lost only 1lb (gutted!!), AND i've been more active and not TOTM. Only thing I can put it down to is that I've had a few flapjacks instead of my usual x3 shakes and naughtily not managed the xtra water. So it obviously shows and will def drink more now. Good Luck on ur LT journey xx

Hey - do u think flap jacks can slow down weight loss?

I had one this week - but i think it made me think about foood more!!!

was nice to have something to chew though! lol

Im sure u will have a massive loss next week! Seems to happen from i can see from other peoples stats.... so good luck to u also xoxoxo

x

Back