Weight Loss doing Green/EE anyone?

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Because I really want to do some green days!!

Hubby works nights every other week and practically lives off SW free chips and beans, he always offers to make me some and usually i've planned something else on the EE plan that perhaps doesn't involve chips.

On the weeks he's on nights i'd love nothing more than to come home, put little one to bed get on my exercise bike and look forward to tea being done whether its chips and something or just beans on toast!

Last time I did 3 days green I gained a pound and put it down to carb overload.

How do you lose weight successfully on the Green plan??:rolleyes:

Not sure the 3 green days were what caused you to gain weight. I regularly do lots of green days (4 or 5 out of 7) and loose weight (abeit sometimes slowly) every week.
Maybe you could do a menu on here so we can see where you maybe are going wrong.

I did a food diary that week and the 3 green days were the only thing that could explain it but I know what you mean, it does sound a little strange.

Thanks for the idea of the menu though!

I do a mix of green and EE days, but try to keep that 1/3 superfree principle in my head so that I don't overload on carbs.

Yesterday was a green day and I had....

breakfast: porridge (B) with bananas and milk (A)
Lunch: Split pea and swede soup with a little bit of chopped up bacon (B) in it
Dinner: Spanish style baked eggs with lentils (see link for recipe) with fruit afterwards

Baked Eggs With Lentils Recipe - Food.com - 121225

I did lose weight well on green before EE and ate loads of carbs, but now I don't seem to get away with too much pasta and potatoes. I think my body's got used to all that veg and fruit and is insisting on it now.

Back