Weight Loss has slowed down

dalek

Hello there - I am new here. I am a Lighterlife returner and was doing ok but for the last two weeks I have only lost 3lbs in total! Has anybody else found this? It really isn't any good for my motivation - feel like I just want to eat! On the positive side I have lost 22lbs in 7 weeks - just wondering if the weight loss will speed up again.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

xx

Hey :)

It's quite common for the losses to slow down at the latter stages of the program. Pretty much all of us have hit a plateau at some stage of our journeys.
Please don't feel disheartened or disappointed. You are doing so well!
Be patient and persistent.
Most of all though drink lots and lots of water!
Good luck with the rest of your journey!
:)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Thank you for your reply. Just wanted reassurance that it wasn't just me.

By the way well done on your loss so far.
xx

Hi Dalek

I agree with the last post when I did it last time all of my group would struggle for a few weeks on adn off then suddenly have a really good loss, it does normally even out a few high losses eand a few lower each month.

Keep up the good work just think on WW 3lb in a month would be classed as a good loss so as long as it goes down you are doing great.

By tomorrow I will have been doing it for 10 weeks. I think I will have lost about 30lbs in total - average of 3 lbs a week - it seems slow!

I think the problem is that the first time I didn't know what to expect and was just amazed that the weight was coming off. This time it feels so slow - although I know it's not really.

Also - I am VERY worried about being able to keep it off.

We don't tend to remember the anguish we felt last time with the weight loss and skim over to the success. :) That's why it feels like it was faster last time, even though it really wasn't! Our bodies can only lose so much, the calorie deficit is still the same.

Now is perhaps a time to start looking back at your habits around food before LL. What sorts of behaviour resurfaced that made you regain the weight? To maintain, w have to recognise our weaknesses and work on actively changing what we eat, when we eat and how we go about leading a different lifestyle, meaning maybe being more active, appreciating the journey we made to get to where we are, and being respectful and aware of what our body needs.

For example, before LL I lived on carbs, pasta, bread, cake. It's all I ate. After LL I actually don't. I can't live without lots of vegetables and I try to think more actively about what I NEED and what I merely WANT. What is an emotional craving and what is true hunger? We need to start questioning our impulses and start to manage our lives better. Plan ahead. If there's an event/holiday/etc coming up - perhaps we start to factor in losing a few pounds before, so that we can enjoy our time away.

Just... stuff. Seems simple really, putting it into practice takes some effort and dedication though. :) But it's all a work in progress.

Well done on your losses so far! Very impressive!

Last edited:
Minerva - thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I am feeling very down at the moment - not just LL - some other issues as well. Yesterday was a bit of a black anniversary for me. Was reading through a LL diary and realised that I hold anger in and try to eat it down - sound familiar anyone? If I wasn't on LL would probably have eaten a shedload yesterday.

Often don't know what to do for the best - hold in the anger because I don't want a row and have a bad atmosphere around my daughter - but what kind of message is that to her? Peace at any cost? Even to your self esteem?

Sorry I am rambling.

Also read that some people have found The Secret useful so have just ordered it on Amazon.

Take care

Don't be sorry for 'rambling'. :) It's natural to be upset and emotional about relationships, events, general circumstances. I'm still learning how to express my emotions in a more constructive way, but it is hard. Answers don't come quickly.

I did find that having a diary in the diary section helps. You may not be solving your issues, but you are sharing. You are exploring your own reactions to certain things... I find writing helps me sometimes... For example, I felt bad about something my OH said to me, but after I explored it in writing, it suddenly sounded so trivial and childish. I felt better.
Of course, you don't have to share anything intimate, but we're all strangers here. We'll try to lend a helping hand. Most of us have probably been through similar experiences and maybe even found ways of dealing with them.

I hope you feel better soon.
x

dalek said:
Minerva - thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I am feeling very down at the moment - not just LL - some other issues as well. Yesterday was a bit of a black anniversary for me. Was reading through a LL diary and realised that I hold anger in and try to eat it down - sound familiar anyone? If I wasn't on LL would probably have eaten a shedload yesterday.

Often don't know what to do for the best - hold in the anger because I don't want a row and have a bad atmosphere around my daughter - but what kind of message is that to her? Peace at any cost? Even to your self esteem?

Sorry I am rambling.

Also read that some people have found The Secret useful so have just ordered it on Amazon.

Take care

Hi I'm not a returner, just dropped by as I often find reading these threads help me put my own journey into perspective and maybe at the end of LL not have to become a returner, well here's hoping anyway!!

Felt the need to comment for a couple of reasons. Firstly the comments about holding anger in for various reasons, one being your daughter. This is something I did for many years, but unfortunately didn't benefit my now beautiful 20 year old daughter or my son in fact! I found it transferred my actions to her assuming it was the right way to deal with things! There came a turning point where I. Became emotionally stronger and stood up for myself and what I believed to be right or wrong, it resulted in me starting to gain control little pockets of my life back, it's a slow process but I think I am winning and it has helped my children grow in to lovely adults.

Secondly The Secret, well all I can say is it has changed my life! It's a hard read but worthwhile the first time I started reading it I put it down as o wasn't convinced, bug have a great friend who introduced me to it so she would encourage me to stick with it. I did and so many positive things have happened for me it's actually quite scary! It's not for everyone,but if you have an open mind you will learn to use the techniques without thinking in time. have a look on you tube there is a 20 min trailer of the secret DVD gives a great insight, there is also an official secret website that holds so many inspirational stories about all sorts of things, money, relationships etc etc I often get daily teachings come through which are quotes, yesterday's was

There are two kinds of people:
Those who say "I will believe it when I see it"
And those who say "to see it, I know I must believe it"

Secret followers live by the second phrase!

Hope the secret works for you.

Minerva talks so much sense and is a very inspirational person and speaks so much sense!!

Good luck with this journey and have a fab day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lady T

Thank you for your kind reply. I have got The Secret on audio CD and will listen to it in the car.

Thank you for your thoughts re the anger - so pleased that you are happier and sanding up for yourself.

Good luck with your journey.

Dalek
x

LOL you sound like me I have it in the car too.

Here is hoping you get to a place that you feel happy with things and how you deal with them too.

Have a great day, hope the sun is shining xx

Back