Weight loss motivation

soooom

Hi folks :)

Just wondering what all your motivation is for losing weight - what was the trigger that made you decide to do it?

For me, it was a few things

1. I'm getting married next year and I refuse to even go and look at dresses at this weight. The thought of getting married at the weight I was filled me with dread and I knew I'd regret it forever and hate the pictures if I didn't do something

2. My friend posted pictures of her birthday and I'd thought I looked ok but Iooked HUGE, with a really big round face and big belly even though I'd been sucking it in :(

3. I managed to lose 13lbs this time last year and then gave up. My clothes were getting tight again and I knew I was on my way to having put the weight back on. I had one outfit for work that still fit comfortably and the rest either wouldn't zip/button up or just looked tight and awful. Couldn't face weighing in immediately so I did a week and a half of calorie counting and then bit the bullet... I was at 13st 5 (this was 36 days ago), so I'm pretty much sure I'd hit 13st 10 again before that week, the biggest I've ever been :(

4. I felt massive and hated my OH seeing me without clothes on.

Just over a month later and I'm down to 12 st 12.
2lbs more and ill be back to where I was last year before I gave up :)

Hi there,

I'm new to the site and was just browsing.

Sounds like you have great motivation.

My motivation is:
1. Looking awful in pictures, just look at my pictures and feel disgusted.
2. A lot of females in my family have type 2 diabetes and I don't want to follow this pattern.
3. Suffer from anxiety and depression and weight loss will help my confidence and the exercise will assist in increasing endorphins.
4. Just turned 30 and want to live lots longer

Those are some of my motivation. Just have to keep remembering them.

Good luck in your goals xxx

They sound like great motivators too!
We have type 2 diabetes in the family too - my mum's brother and his two children have it. Quite a scary thing to have in the background really :(

Hi, just joined today and I have a lot of weight to lose. This is the heaviest I have ever been and I seen to get heavier each year.
My motivation is as follows in no particular order:
1. I have 3 beatuiful los and I want to able to run and play with them and be a good example to them
2. I have a lovely husband who enjoys going out. I would like to be able to just grab something to wear from the wardrobe and know I looked ok instead of getting stressed trying to find something/ anything to wear
3. I want to be healthier as my knees are starting to hurt a little and I have high bp

I must remember to look back on my motivation when I am struggling

Hi soooom, like the idea!

I have a whole heap of reasons of why I hate being overweight, but none of this particularly motivated me
To lose weight. I have known for over a year I really needed to try but instead decided I wasn't "in the right mind set" and put on loads more. I don't actually know what has motivated me now, I just know I have to do something about it. Now. Whether I really want to or not. I have set up a ********* board for myself which I will look at every morning I wake up and I am considering doing so before every meal. Im worried that I may become desensitised to it, will just have to keep adding new things to inspire me and keep me going!

X

For motivation I find it helpful to look at before and after pictures of people who have been sucessful in their weightloss. I find having a specfic target weight helps me too. As it gives me something specific to work towards. Also keeping a diary of my progress helps me. So I can see those numbers moving in the right direction.

Good luck!

just checking in to see why I need to lose weight in the first place.
Not in the zone this week and it helps to go back and look at what I wrote so I can get my motivation back.

just checking in to see why I need to lose weight in the first place.
Not in the zone this week and it helps to go back and look at what I wrote so I can get my motivation back.

Keep thinking of your LO's! I want to set a good example so much to my son. He's only four months but we're starting weaning and he takes in so much about what we do and eat already! I want him to see mummy eating healthy and exercising, so he knows to do the same.

Back