Weight Loss Motivation

Saksred

Determined
Thought I would put together some ad hoc motivational pointers to keep us going on this cold snowy day....
  • Be positive! The more you feel good about yourself the easier and faster it is to lose weight.
  • Find a weight loss "buddy," club, or support group. This will help you stay with your weight loss program. (Like this forum);)
  • Drinking hot water as appose to cold water can increase the speed of your metabolism and burn more calories - alledgedly.
  • Exerise, exercise, exercise! - (When you are ready - especially when SSing!) Exercise increases your metabolism and burning off excess fat. When is the best time to exercise? Our metabolism slows down about 8 hours after we wake up, so 30 minutes of exercise in the evening, before dinner will increase your metabolism for about two to three more hours just when it was starting to slow down. This produces a significant increase in fat burned off, even after the exercise is over.
  • One way to get slimis to re-establish a purpose in life.
  • It is essential to surround yourself with the love and strength of those who support your efforts.People who believe in you even when you don't believe in yourself.
    Those who serve as an example and help to keep you on the right path.
  • Start a personal journal about your journey, or even start your own online diary here, or your own blog. It helps understanding what is happening in your life.
  • Victory belongs to the most persevering.
  • Never, Never, Never Quit (Winston Churchill)
(Sources: Various)
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
bod035l.jpg
[/FONT]
Take care and have a successful day...

Saksred.xxx

Excellent!

Can I also add

"Always see the diet as a choice and not a prison sentence"

You can eat at anytime on the diet if you choose to, but you are choosing not to eat so you can be slimmer, healthier and live longer. If you keep thinking "I'm not allowed to eat" then you will see the diet as a prison sentence and at some point will break out of the prison and just eat.

The diet is 99% in your head and 1% in some packets of vitamins and minerals.

M.

Oh, thats cool Mike, liked that! Saskred, what a fab post, I dont have any more to lose but still see this as motivation to stay slim x

Back