Weight loss slowed down

FredtheFrenchie

Hi everyone

needing some advice based on other's experience.

I have done 100% ss for 6 weeks and have gone from 14'13 to 12'11 so 30lbs lost and BMI down to 27 from 32. I am chuffed... but last week I only lost 2lb and 2.5lb the week before despite being 100%

my CDC has suggested I go onto ss+ and add a 200 calorie meal to see if things start moving.

the added complication is that I go on holiday in 3 weeks and want to lose as much as possible before then but need to get my body used to eating a bit more.

now that I'm having a meal I am going to try and up the exercise.

anyone with similar experience that can offer any reassurance?

thanks x

The exercise could be the issue. The rules are very clear that you cant exercise on 440 cals a day. You send your body into starvation mode. Exercise is for step 2 and above. Also at the 7 week mark I lost nothing at all as I was smaller and my body got used to taking nothing in. At this stage Id recommend following your CDCs advice SS + and no more than 30 minutes walking a few times a week. I speak from experience I promise. I was where you are now, felt great, stopped losing, upped the exercise and landed myself in hospital for 4 days with a suspected stroke (not a stroke but my body just gave up)

So let me just see if I understand this - your holiday will be way better if you weigh 9lbs less than you do now, rather than only 6lbs? That additional 3lbs will make all the difference?? :)

You're losing less because you weigh less. There's less of you to lug around. And your metabolism has down regulated after the stretch on SS. Your consultant is probably on to something in suggesting you move up to SS+ - the extra food will give your metabolism a kick up the rear. And the difference in weight loss on an average basis between SS and SS+ is about a quarter of a pound a week.

Follow your consultant's advice - move up to SS+ and get used to having food. It won't make any difference to your ability to lose as much weight as you're going to in the next 3 weeks. And Kiwichan's right, extra exercise won't help - it'll just make your muscles retain water, so the scales won't move very far for the first few weeks after starting an exercise programme.

Congratulations on doing so well - you should be very proud. :clap:

Thanks both.

lily, I know what you mean about lugging the extra weight around... I have lost about the same amount as my dog weighs and I was carrying him round the other day and I thought 'no wonder I was out of breath lugging that extra weight around'.

i do appreciate what you're saying about the extra 3lb not making a difference but I had a goal in mind and I don't want to feel I let myself down not getting there!! Need to think about what I have lost rather than what i haven't!

Thanks both.

lily, I know what you mean about lugging the extra weight around... I have lost about the same amount as my dog weighs and I was carrying him round the other day and I thought 'no wonder I was out of breath lugging that extra weight around'.

i do appreciate what you're saying about the extra 3lb not making a difference but I had a goal in mind and I don't want to feel I let myself down not getting there!! Need to think about what I have lost rather than what i haven't!

I hear ya. :) But if it isn't actually possible to reach that goal in the time you've got left, you won't have let yourself down. You'll have done the absolute best you could. You can't duff yourself up for that!

You really have done brilliantly. :winner:

Back