Weight loss slowing down

Off swimming in a bit today to try to give my weight loss a bit of a boost, wish I could have a couple of big weight loss weeks!

xAlisonx said:
Off swimming in a bit today to try to give my weight loss a bit of a boost, wish I could have a couple of big weight loss weeks!

Don't we all honey!!!! Walking is brilliant exercise too x

Don't we all honey!!!! Walking is brilliant exercise too x

I'll give walking a go too, I didn't have the best weekend and I seem to have been in the 15's what seems like forever so I think I just need to snap out of it and give myself a good talking to and just get on with it this week with far more exercise.

Have you hit a plateau or have you not been 100%? Plateaus happen, Kirsty was stuck for a while & now is going great guns again. I'm dreading mine & hoping it's a while before it happens!!!

Have you hit a plateau or have you not been 100%? Plateaus happen, Kirsty was stuck for a while & now is going great guns again. I'm dreading mine & hoping it's a while before it happens!!!
Initially I'd hit a plateau for 2/3 weeks where I was losing only the tiniest bit but for the last two weekends I've also lost control of my diet and it's knocked my confidence. I still seem to lose a bit as I'm strong for the rest of the week but it worries me how easily I revert back to my old habits. I think I'm putting too much pressure on myself for my August hols too cos we're off to Majorca and I'm desperate to be a size 16 so I don't feel as self conscious as I usually do. I seemed to drop through the 16's but now I've been teetering in the 15,s for what seems like forever. Funnily enough my worst plateau was when I was at my strictest so I decided to shake things up on Saturdays by having a bit more than normal to eat which does appear to work for me. This Sunday though I found it really hard to reign myself in.

See that's why I've never dared allow myself a day off as I know I'd not clamber back on the wagon!

If you break it at the weekend does the xen not cause you problems?

See that's why I've never dared allow myself a day off as I know I'd not clamber back on the wagon!

If you break it at the weekend does the xen not cause you problems?

I think it would cause me problems if I went totally mad but it's kind of like a restrained break in the diet if you know what I mean. I have a treat but make sure it's not a hugely bad,high in fat treat. I definately have more cals than other days but in a careful way. I did have a chinese the once, not long after starting my diet and I felt so ill the next day so I tread carefully now lol x

Hello all
This thread could really help me
I need some concrete answers from real people taking xenical
I have been on it for a while (6months) l lost 17 kg (37lbs)
Now I am at 137 lbs I am very short so my max healthy weight is suppose to be 126
I don't go by numbers but by how I feel confidence wise
Right now I like my body, I wish I did not have belly flap but at least I am not morbidly obese anymore
I want to reach the 126 patiently. BUT as of three weeks ago I increased my exercise and kept being careful on my food (calorie intake, healthy food etc...)
I am still seeing very little change : 600 grams (1.3lbs ) on average per week. It used to be a lot more.
My gym trainer and dietitian say : my body lost a lot in the first phase and is starting to hang on to what I have left.
I consulted my doctor and he told me the same. I trust them. BUT
Has anyone experienced this.
I have been pro active and I am trying new exercise routines, less calories even etc...

Thank you for any contribution/comments :)
xoxo
Andr.

Well done on doing so well. Can you give us a breakdown of a typical days diet and calories. It might help to shed light on it.

It also helps to get out if a plateau by eating your BMR calories. It sounds a lot but it works. It might be that you're not eating enough Nd your body has decided you're not going to feed it again so hangs onto your fat for grim death .

I had a plateau for 11 months, it was hell until I heard that advice so I tried it figuring that even if I put a few pounds on I'd got nothing lose being stuck anyway. It did work my body appreciated the extra calories and I started losing again

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi,

I do slimming world as well as taking Xenical, and I exercise a lot. I have noticed that if I increase my exercise, it takes a few weeks before I see any big losses again. My gym instructor has tried explaining, something about muscles... but keep with it, doing exercise is doing it right!

x

Thank you for your response.
I agree with you that I may have been restricting my calorie intake a little too much. I mean sometimes I even have a meal replacement. Because it is convenient and tastes good.
So taking advices from others on a weightloss journey I sometimes up my calories.
Take a rest day off the gym.
Soon I will start a new workout routine to see.

I have my weigh in tonight.
I cheated once this week because my body and brain was so tired of all the NOs.
I will see how the weigh in goes. But I am not expecting much.
I will keep you updated.

What else do you think I should do?
This is random but how much meat/chicken/fish do you eat a day on xenical?

Million thanks
xoxox
Andriana

It depends, but as long as it lean as much as you want within your cal range. If you are eating less carbs (rice, potatoes, pasta etc) you can eat more meat and veg.

Back