Weight loss stopped!!!! ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Dawnydoo

Hi All. I have been following the Exante diet for a week and 2 days now. During the first week I lost 12lbs which is great, but since the end of my first week I've not lost anything at all. Has anyone else experinced this in their second week? Any suggestions on how to kick start it again?

OK - TMI time but.... have you been going to the toilet this week? I always find that I don't poo as much on a VLCD than I do normally.
I had this last time - it was looking like I wasn't losing anything for that week, then took one laxative to get things going and in the end I lost 2lbs. SO I'm guessing that was 2lbs of poo!

If it is that you're bunged up, just add some fibre powder/fibogel to your shakes!

Thanks. I don't seem to have any issues with that at the moment. Although it feels like I should be weeing a lot more than I am considering the amount I am drinking. I did have some chicken at the weekend, so wondering whether that's catching up with me now? I always thought chicken didnt kick you out of ketosis tho but maybe i'm wrong......

I note you're drinking fluids but are you drinking enough water? Just your post isn't clear or probs me not understanding lol! One of the key's to a good weight loss is drinking lots and lots of water....at least 2 - 2.5 ltrs per day inbetween meals etc. Remember, if you're experiencing constipation, it's usually a good indicator that you're not drinking enough water!

What works for me is soda water first thing of a morning for 1 wk with a squeeze of lemon in it. Gets the fat moving again but don't do this more than one week or your body just gets used to it and it doesn't shock the system or work any more.

I'm drinking 2 - 3 litres of water everyday. Not getting constipation at all. I am feeling pretty weak most of the time tho. The second week seems to be harder than the first one, and without any weight coming off my motivation is wavering already :(

I note you're drinking fluids but are you drinking enough water? Just your post isn't clear or probs me not understanding lol! One of the key's to a good weight loss is drinking lots and lots of water....at least 2 - 2.5 ltrs per day inbetween meals etc. Remember, if you're experiencing constipation, it's usually a good indicator that you're not drinking enough water!

What works for me is soda water first thing of a morning for 1 wk with a squeeze of lemon in it. Gets the fat moving again but don't do this more than one week or your body just gets used to it and it doesn't shock the system or work any more.

Lemon juice (citric acid) isn't advised on a TFR as it will knock you out of ketosis x

You said that your only on day 2 of week 2 it doesn't mean your not losing weight a lot of people find that their weight stays the same or even goes up a pound during the week but by then end of the week they still have a decent weight loss. I know for me that I can stay the same right until the night before the official weekly weight in and then suddenly be down 3 lbs.

Don't worry exante works the weight will come off and your need to be prepared for some weeks being in STS not because that diet doesn't work but your body needs a bit of time to realise that it's OK to lose the weight. Bodies are complicated, finicky things

You're only on day 2 of week 2....your weight loss hasn't stopped!
This is why daily weighing is a bad idea if you cant take the gains/sts without getting upset.
Alot of people wont see a gain every single day but can then drop a few lbs in one night.

Please stay off the scales and only weigh once a week, this way you'll get a nice loss at the end of each week without seeing all the ups and downs on the scales during the week.

Chamonix Bee said:

I'm not sure I you realise this is a VLCD section. On a VLCD we have to drink 3 to 4 litres of water a day and lemon is absolutely off limits

Thanks everyone. I have done the lighterlife diet before and remember losing 1.5 stones in the first 2 weeks. I guess i was just expecting it to be the same this time round. I know I am just being impatient. I'm just struggling so much more this time. Feeling hungry all the time and my stomach rumblings are quite embarrassing. Will stick with it and hope it gets moving again soon. Thanks all.

If you watch programs like the Biggest Loser, they can lose awesome amounts, but it does actually slow down at some points, and even with the intense work outs and diets they do, it still takes them a while to shift the weight... So as long as you are following Exante, you will lose weight, and you will look and feel great eventually, it just might not happen over the course of 2 weeks :) be patient and enjoy the weightloss as it happens, don't get caught up in it! :D

:eek: Sorry ladies, just realised I'm on the wrong site lol! Thought I was on the S.W. site. Best ignore my post...........:eek::sigh:

Back