• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Weight loss v's dress size???

Hi everyone,

i am into day 9 of CD SS and seem to feel ok today :D ... people keep asking me what my ideal target weight is and i dont have one... im not bothered by my weight or BMI (i know i should be :confused:) ...

all i want to achieve is to be in a dress size 14! I avoid shops like river island and topshop as i know they are what i refer to as "skinny shops"... my goal is to go into any shop i want and be able to buy anything i want!

However, i was just wondering what people think a person's weight would be to be a size 14.... Im 5'8 and currently weigh 18st 2lbs and im a size 20 (depending on shop).... Any ideas? it will give me a weight in mind to suss out how far i have to go and how much more weight i need to lose!

Thanks xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
every1 is diff hun, im 5ft 3 and just into size 14s I weigh 12st 1lb but you are a lot taller than me so would be totally different for you.xx

MunchMarie

not so str8 or narrow!!
very good question coz i'm 5' 8 too! any one any idea?

YumyMumy

Crawling to the finish!
im size 14, current bmi is 30.6 which means theoretically im still obese :(x

i would say to get to a 'slim but curvy' (if that makes sense) size 14, at 5'8 anywhere between 11 and a half to 12 and a half stone

:)

im 5 ft 7 and i wish to be a size 12/14 and i have been told about 10st and a half to 11 stone.

Normally for every inch taller you are, you should add 4lbs so if Susan70 is 5' 3 and wears size 14's at 12:1, then I would have thought that someone who is 5'8 would roughly fit into size 14's at 13:7... Of course I think it would be different for everyone, but I hope this helps a little!!

Ruth

jabbathehut

This is the last time!!
I am 5'7. 10 years ago I was between 11.5 and 12 stone and was a size 14/16. At the start of my CD journey I weighed just over 17 stone and was bursting out of a 22.
I know weigh 14.1 and am in a comfortable/slightly loose 18 in trousers (fitted 18 in some jeans) but 16 is a way off yet.

this is a great help, thanks guys! :) it gives me something to aim for!

NB - Munch Marie... wow you have lost loads of weight everyweek! is this on SS? I lost 10lbs in my 1st week but im now on my 2nd week and havent lost a thing! :( not very motivating ... life would be so simple if we could all just loose a straight 2lbs a day lol xx

I am 5ft 11 and weigh 12stone 5 and a size 16 top and bottom. I have ladies on diet who weigh more and are shorter in smaller clothes so its all about what shape you are .

julesrush
cdc norwich

hmm i must carry my weight quite well then....i have just lost 6lbs to put me to 12st 8lbs, but when i was 13st i was a comfortable size 14.
im 5ft 4.
hope this helps, ki x

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
Hi, I'm 5'7'' and weigh 14st 8lbs. I'm comfortably in a 16 bottom and 18 top. I want to be a 12 all round hopefully, my target weight is 11st 4lbs.

I found this website really useful for giving you an idea of what weight you need to be to reach a certain size.
Hope this helps.
Photographic Height

this is great, many thanks for all the responses to my question, ive found it really helpful and interesting that we can all weigh different weights, heights and dress sizes. i guess the phrase "big boned" is true lol.

Well done to you all for your weight loss.... god, i love this site! xx

MunchMarie

not so str8 or narrow!!
this is a great help, thanks guys! :) it gives me something to aim for!

NB - Munch Marie... wow you have lost loads of weight everyweek! is this on SS? I lost 10lbs in my 1st week but im now on my 2nd week and havent lost a thing! :( not very motivating ... life would be so simple if we could all just loose a straight 2lbs a day lol xx
hiya - yes i have done 4 weeks of ss then a week of add a meal then back on ss for another 4 weeks etc etc. i would say that if you have ss's and not cheated then the reason for a small loss is usually water retention - drink drink drink its the only way to get rid of the excess water in your body. good luck:D
oh and i havent had any bars - just porridge shakes and soups - bars can slow the loss down

Hi everyone,

i am into day 9 of CD SS and seem to feel ok today :D ... people keep asking me what my ideal target weight is and i dont have one... im not bothered by my weight or BMI (i know i should be :confused:) ...

all i want to achieve is to be in a dress size 14! I avoid shops like river island and topshop as i know they are what i refer to as "skinny shops"... my goal is to go into any shop i want and be able to buy anything i want!

However, i was just wondering what people think a person's weight would be to be a size 14.... Im 5'8 and currently weigh 18st 2lbs and im a size 20 (depending on shop).... Any ideas? it will give me a weight in mind to suss out how far i have to go and how much more weight i need to lose!

Thanks xx
I'm 5'8" and 11.03 and most 14s are loose now but some 12 fit (so I'm inbetween sizes).....I was a comfortable 14 around 12st I think.