Weight loss v's dress size???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by needtofeelnormal, 25 September 2008 Social URL.

1. needtofeelnormal

needtofeelnormal Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Hi everyone,

i am into day 9 of CD SS and seem to feel ok today :D ... people keep asking me what my ideal target weight is and i dont have one... im not bothered by my weight or BMI (i know i should be :confused:) ...

all i want to achieve is to be in a dress size 14! I avoid shops like river island and topshop as i know they are what i refer to as "skinny shops"... my goal is to go into any shop i want and be able to buy anything i want!

However, i was just wondering what people think a person's weight would be to be a size 14.... Im 5'8 and currently weigh 18st 2lbs and im a size 20 (depending on shop).... Any ideas? it will give me a weight in mind to suss out how far i have to go and how much more weight i need to lose!

Thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    every1 is diff hun, im 5ft 3 and just into size 14s I weigh 12st 1lb but you are a lot taller than me so would be totally different for you.xx

4. MunchMarie

MunchMarie not so str8 or narrow!!

Start Weight:
    25st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(26.7%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    very good question coz i'm 5' 8 too! any one any idea?

5. YumyMumy

YumyMumy Crawling to the finish!

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    im size 14, current bmi is 30.6 which means theoretically im still obese :(x

6. littlemissspendthrift

littlemissspendthrift impossible is nothing

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Xenical
    i would say to get to a 'slim but curvy' (if that makes sense) size 14, at 5'8 anywhere between 11 and a half to 12 and a half stone

:)

im 5 ft 7 and i wish to be a size 12/14 and i have been told about 10st and a half to 11 stone.

7. madameruthybaby

madameruthybaby Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Normally for every inch taller you are, you should add 4lbs so if Susan70 is 5' 3 and wears size 14's at 12:1, then I would have thought that someone who is 5'8 would roughly fit into size 14's at 13:7... Of course I think it would be different for everyone, but I hope this helps a little!!

Ruth

8. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am 5'7. 10 years ago I was between 11.5 and 12 stone and was a size 14/16. At the start of my CD journey I weighed just over 17 stone and was bursting out of a 22.
    I know weigh 14.1 and am in a comfortable/slightly loose 18 in trousers (fitted 18 in some jeans) but 16 is a way off yet.

9. excesspounds

excesspounds Full Member

Hi I am 5 .8 weigh 18 4 and wear 16-18 tops and 20 bottom

10. needtofeelnormal

Diet:
    CD
    this is a great help, thanks guys! :) it gives me something to aim for!

NB - Munch Marie... wow you have lost loads of weight everyweek! is this on SS? I lost 10lbs in my 1st week but im now on my 2nd week and havent lost a thing! :( not very motivating ... life would be so simple if we could all just loose a straight 2lbs a day lol xx

11. skinikki

skinikki Silver Member

Diet:
    camebrige
    I am 5ft 8 and have just lost 5stone. I am now 12 stone and a size 14!:D

12. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I wouldnt say its about weight its more inches when it comes to clothing. Measure your waist and hips and find out what a size 18 is in ches and it shoukd help you.

13. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

I am 5'8" too and I would absolutely love to be a size 14. If I remember rightly, when I was about 12 stone I was a 14

14. liberty_girl

liberty_girl Peace Love Happiness

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
  15. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

I am 5ft 11 and weigh 12stone 5 and a size 16 top and bottom. I have ladies on diet who weigh more and are shorter in smaller clothes so its all about what shape you are .

julesrush
    cdc norwich

16. ki-ki

ki-ki Full Member

hmm i must carry my weight quite well then....i have just lost 6lbs to put me to 12st 8lbs, but when i was 13st i was a comfortable size 14.
    im 5ft 4.
    hope this helps, ki x

17. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    Hi, I'm 5'7'' and weigh 14st 8lbs. I'm comfortably in a 16 bottom and 18 top. I want to be a 12 all round hopefully, my target weight is 11st 4lbs.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I found this website really useful for giving you an idea of what weight you need to be to reach a certain size.
    Hope this helps.
    Photographic Height

20. needtofeelnormal

Diet:
    CD
    this is great, many thanks for all the responses to my question, ive found it really helpful and interesting that we can all weigh different weights, heights and dress sizes. i guess the phrase "big boned" is true lol.

Well done to you all for your weight loss.... god, i love this site! xx

21. MunchMarie

MunchMarie not so str8 or narrow!!

Start Weight:
    25st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(26.7%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    hiya - yes i have done 4 weeks of ss then a week of add a meal then back on ss for another 4 weeks etc etc. i would say that if you have ss's and not cheated then the reason for a small loss is usually water retention - drink drink drink its the only way to get rid of the excess water in your body. good luck:D
    oh and i havent had any bars - just porridge shakes and soups - bars can slow the loss down

22. Minz

Minz Maintainer

I'm 5'8" and 11.03 and most 14s are loose now but some 12 fit (so I'm inbetween sizes).....I was a comfortable 14 around 12st I think.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.