Weight Loss Worry

Hi

This may seem like a really stupid question but anyway:

One of the things that really worries me about losing weight is that I'm going to be left with droopy flabby skin flaps. I'm 21 years old, a tad over 5'2 and currently at 12 stone 8lbs and this is something that really concerns me because I know I could never go through surgery to get rid of skin flaps but I equally know that having them would really dent my confident. From speaking to my mum, she seems to think that this isn't something I have to worry about as I won't get them.

So basically what I want to know is if my mum is right?

I wouldn't worry too much about it at your age and weight, to be honest. You're probably only looking to lose about three stone, and as long as you do it sensibly (not too fast), your skin should just adjust naturally. You certainly wouldn't be a candidate for skin removal surgery - the NHS wouldn't consider it for you, so unless you can afford a few thousand to pay for it privately, it's not an option. So just concentrate on losing the weight, do a bit of exercise, maybe use cocoa butter on your skin, and you'll be fine. xx

I agree with Tracy. But, I think that exercise is REALLY important. It doesn't matter how much weight we lose - we can all look flabby if we spend too much times on our bums! Especially as you're young, bouncy and elastic!

Patchninja said:
I agree with Tracy. But, I think that exercise is REALLY important. It doesn't matter how much weight we lose - we can all look flabby if we spend too much times on our bums! Especially as you're young, bouncy and elastic!

Lol, you're right. Unfortunately I'm not young, bouncy OR elastic, and the seven stone I've lost so far has had to come off without the assistance of exercise due to a number of health issues. But my skin isn't too bad, considering - I've seen much worse on TV. ;) xx

Thank you.

I'm trying to work exercise in to my day as I've gone from doing a fairly active job to being a student so my activity levels have seriously plummeted. However, I'm hoping to join my local gym though that is dependent on the cost and I'm trying to retrain my dog so I can walk him properly (he currently pulls too much for me but I'm hoping some retraining over short walks will short him out).

I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm just over 5ft 2 and started out heavier than you. I'm at target now but no loose skin at all.

Back