Weight watcher/calories counting/think thin diet.

You can do it - new day, new start! I got kettle bells too...will be good to know someone else is giving them a bash at the same time :) x

You can do it - new day, new start! I got kettle bells too...will be good to know someone else is giving them a bash at the same time :) x

I bought mine 2 days ago as my brother recommended them for my bingo wings (he trains a lot!) he has given me some moves to do with them, I have 3 different ones to do and I have to do 3 lots of 10-15 reps (a minutes rest between each rep).
You used yours much yet?x

Ohh its nice to hear youve got loads of motivation to get properly stuck into it! now if you would like to share some of that with me! lol

My problem is alcohol/nights out. The amount of calories consumed in drink and then the next day eating crap cos I have a hangover, and then the day after than I cant get back on it! I cant not go out cos then I just feel miserable and feel like I am missing out.

Think Im going to start with my kettle bell this weekend, exciting!!! x

Ohh its nice to hear youve got loads of motivation to get properly stuck into it! now if you would like to share some of that with me! lol

My problem is alcohol/nights out. The amount of calories consumed in drink and then the next day eating crap cos I have a hangover, and then the day after than I cant get back on it! I cant not go out cos then I just feel miserable and feel like I am missing out.

Think Im going to start with my kettle bell this weekend, exciting!!! x

I love my kettle bell. Been looking into a kettle bell DVD but there are so many on offer I aren't sure which to get.
I don't think I'm fully motivated but I am pushing myself to be! No more emotional eating- if hunger isn't the problem then food isnt the answer.
I'm shocking after a night out. When me and my friends go for a night out the next day we meet up at the carvery for a hangover roast! Bad bad! Xx

Actually I think part of what has spurred me on was going shopping and seeing everywhere with there summer clothes in and me thinking I want to wear a vest top and shorts etc x

hahaa all my friends go to our local greasy spoon for a massive fry up! There is no hope! lol I just when I was hungover all I craved was celery! haha

Let me know if you find a good dvd, Im just going to start off with youtube! x

hahaa all my friends go to our local greasy spoon for a massive fry up! There is no hope! lol I just when I was hungover all I craved was celery! haha

Let me know if you find a good dvd, Im just going to start off with youtube! x

I shall :) I wish I craved celery too and not roasts and full fat coke!haha

Today is my fresh start- got up and weighed myself. 13st 5.5. I aren't sure if this is good or bad, part of me doesn't believe my scales due to them being so temperamental.
Plan of action today is set up tv to do exercise DVD, have ww soup for lunch, with ww bread (7pp) and have a veg stir fry with rice for tea (6pp) followed by ww ice cream and jelly (3pp)
With brekkie that's 19pp so I have 11 remaining if I fancy a kitkat or Milky Way.
Should I make my main meals larger to prevent nibbling do you think?
I'm counting calories too so will be back at the end of the day to let you know how I get on :)

Yeah maybe if you used more of your pp during lunch amd dinner you wouldn't feel the need to snack but then if having a little bit of chocolate is what gets you through then just keep doing what your doing!

It's up to you hun and what you want and need to do this long term. There are loads of diets -they all work its just finding what is right. Like some people say 5 little meals and some say 3 larger and no snacking!

You've done amazing today. Well done Lucy xxx

Thanks :) I think I do need the left over points for nibbling, ended up eating 12 mini eggs so the spare points came in handy.

What's the Cambridge diet? I was gandering through the forum and found it.

How are you getting on?xx

The Caimbridge diet is my arch nemesis hahah its a VLCD, meal replacement. No food 3 shakes/soup/bars a day 4 litres of water, lose a stone a month jobby. I was what I have been on/off the past 3 years lol

Hey just read through your diary and thought I would come along and subscribe.

Good to see you have got the motivation back, once you get going you will steam along no problem. Your sausage pasta sounded so nice, I need to try that one myself one time :D.

The Cambridge diet seems successful in the short term but my god that looks difficult to basically replace food with shakes, people who do that successful have my respect lol. But like the gastric bands people have fitted, if you need to lose weight you need to build a better relationship with food and I don't think either of those do that...just my opinion though, really works for some people :p. As someone mentioned before food is like an addiction, we just need to get rid of that addiction.

We aren't that much different in what we weigh, so lets do this and say goodbye to the fat parts of ourself :D

Welcome Paul :) and thank you for joining.

The Cambridge diet is not for me! Is it like the protein shakes you get that help you lose about half a stone a week! My friend went on them for a while. Ahh when you were talking of shakes Laura I thought you meant old fashioned slim fast (I'm clearly behind in the dieting times sorry).

Bit of a downer today guys as my scales say more than yesterday!! Darn! Today they say 13st9.5. That means I haven't lost 2 I gained two which makes sense as I fell off the wagon for about 2 weeks.

Actually it's okay though because my diet head is back with vengeance. I did my DVD yesterday, and I hula hooped for 10 mins. Today my legs are feeling it- whoever came up with no pain no gain was not lying, it was a struggle to get down the stairs haha

At work today which means my food will be kept in check. Happy Saturday guys :)

My brother is about to start Cambridge for the 4th time. Each time he looses loads. But puts it all back on. Sure, 1 stone a month sounds great. But I've done an average of 1 stone per 6 weeks on WW and still eaten normal food

Yeah with those types of diets it's very hard to maintain. I remember my friend had to reintroduce proper food very slowly and she ended up putting it back on.

Well my mum lost 6 stone in 5 months and kept it off. It does work for some people but like I said its all about what is right for each individual!

However you can achieve the same results while eating food. Like me last month :p x

It definitely is the individual- well done to your mum that's fab!
I had an impromptu invite for dinner tonight with work friends and we ended up going to gourmet burger kitchen, I got a small chicken burger (grilled,no bread crumbs or anything else on top) and small chunky chips. Looking at my eating out guide they don't distinguish between small and large so pointed it what the book says- 28pp
I then has half my friends milkshake which I pointed as 8.
Due to not being prepared to go out I had eaten my normal set meals for today and only had 13 pp left. Therefore cut into my weeklies and am massively over my dailies.
Legs still hurting from exercise. My workmates found it hilarious!xx

ohhhh Ive always wanted to eat there but there isnt one near portsmouth!

heheh your legs will get used to it eventually. my legs are knackered too! been busy all day!

Yeah I just read- busy day for you- well done :) i have OCD when it comes to organising and I have to have everything clean and tidied before I can do my uni work. Is that strange?

Back