Weight watchers and Alli

Syl

Just wondered if anyone has tried ww pro points and taken alli capsules as well. I thought this might speed up the weight loss as you are supposed to use alli with a calorie controlled diet. Any ideas anyone?

Yes I think it would work as long as you're eating low fat. So as long as you choose wisely on WW then you shouldn't have a problem

This has been discussed a few times. Ali comes into play when you eat foods high in fat, and the side effects are said to be highly unpleasant. If you're on WW you should be eating a low fat diet anyway, so what's the point in taking pills that will help (if you can call making you sh*t it all out help....) when you eat things with a high fat content?

Bit of a naive question, but what exactly is Alli? I know it's supposed to make you lose up to 50% more weight per week (or something!!) but how does it work? I'm not all interested in taking it, i just keep hearing people say it's highly unpleasant and i'm curious!

This has been discussed a few times. Ali comes into play when you eat foods high in fat, and the side effects are said to be highly unpleasant. If you're on WW you should be eating a low fat diet anyway, so what's the point in taking pills that will help (if you can call making you sh*t it all out help....) when you eat things with a high fat content?

I asked a similar question a few months ago and was told exactly this. If you're following WW properly, you should be on a very low fat diet anyway - the Alli pills aren't going to flush out fat that's not there. And the times you DO eat over your fat limit, well, the results aren't pleasant.

Many moons ago (yeah I'm not that old I swear!!) I was taking Xenical after going to a slimming pill clinic. There wasn't the same advice given about the effects a high fat diet would have with the tablets and I was miserable. Not something I'd ever want to experience again. And if you were taking Alli, all it would take would be one 'treat' ie a takeout or a large peice of cake before you'd experience the side effects.

side effects are ghastly, I wouldn't advise doing it!

the thing is if your eating a lowfat menu anyway then you will lose weight without any pills, also when you do lose the weight you wont know if its because of doing ww or alli! x

I was taking Xenical before I started WW, I lost weight and had no side effects then decided to join WW, the first day I ate a curly Wurly... Man did I know about it!!! Ive decided there and then to dump then Xenical and just try WW... which seems to be working...

So in my opinion they are totally incompatable if you plan on having the odd treat!!

Back