Weight watchers and Alli

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Syl, 28 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Syl

Syl Member

Just wondered if anyone has tried ww pro points and taken alli capsules as well. I thought this might speed up the weight loss as you are supposed to use alli with a calorie controlled diet. Any ideas anyone?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. piggin

piggin Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    Yes I think it would work as long as you're eating low fat. So as long as you choose wisely on WW then you shouldn't have a problem

4. ~Crooked Smile~

~Crooked Smile~ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    This has been discussed a few times. Ali comes into play when you eat foods high in fat, and the side effects are said to be highly unpleasant. If you're on WW you should be eating a low fat diet anyway, so what's the point in taking pills that will help (if you can call making you sh*t it all out help....) when you eat things with a high fat content?

5. Thetrigos

Thetrigos Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(21.82%)
    Diet:
    WW 09/10 - 09/11 now Exante from 10/11
    Bit of a naive question, but what exactly is Alli? I know it's supposed to make you lose up to 50% more weight per week (or something!!) but how does it work? I'm not all interested in taking it, i just keep hearing people say it's highly unpleasant and i'm curious!

6. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    its absolutely useless on ww. If you want to go on alli you should follow the healthy eating plan thats given with it.

7. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    I asked a similar question a few months ago and was told exactly this. If you're following WW properly, you should be on a very low fat diet anyway - the Alli pills aren't going to flush out fat that's not there. And the times you DO eat over your fat limit, well, the results aren't pleasant.

Many moons ago (yeah I'm not that old I swear!!) I was taking Xenical after going to a slimming pill clinic. There wasn't the same advice given about the effects a high fat diet would have with the tablets and I was miserable. Not something I'd ever want to experience again. And if you were taking Alli, all it would take would be one 'treat' ie a takeout or a large peice of cake before you'd experience the side effects.

8. shazza2971

shazza2971 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(10.99%)
    Diet:
    WW
    side effects are ghastly, I wouldn't advise doing it!

9. chipbutty

chipbutty Full Member

the thing is if your eating a lowfat menu anyway then you will lose weight without any pills, also when you do lose the weight you wont know if its because of doing ww or alli! x

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I was prescribed Xenical several years ago and because I was following ww properly they were totally ineffective and my doctor took me off them. The ads for alli are incredibly misleading

11. Syl

Syl Member

Thanks everyone maybe I'll just stick to counting the points then. :)

12. cheekychick81

cheekychick81 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I was taking Xenical before I started WW, I lost weight and had no side effects then decided to join WW, the first day I ate a curly Wurly... Man did I know about it!!! Ive decided there and then to dump then Xenical and just try WW... which seems to be working...

So in my opinion they are totally incompatable if you plan on having the odd treat!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.