Weight Watchers Bread Healthy B

jacquih1

CAN you use 2 slices of the thick sliced grained weight watchers bread as a healthy B? If not can you use it and use some sins as well t have it, like you can with some of the flavoured Instant porriages? Thanks

You can have 3 slices of the Brown Danish 400g loaf or 2 slices of the Wholemeal 400g loaf.

(People were saying you could have 3 slices of the white as well but I cant see it on the list so maybe that has changed recently? :confused: )

Which one do you mean? The thick-sliced loaf? if so then yes it is a HEB. But breads with seeds in them are not usually healthy extras

Are you sure this one isnt on the list as someone at my group said you could have it. Thanks

Yes I've heard you can have it as well (the white Danish I mean, although Id never checked myself as Ive never used it) - but at this moment it is definitely not on the list. The only Weight Watchers bread on the HEX list is:

3 slices Weight Watchers Sliced Brown Danish (400g loaf)
2 slices Weight Watchers Wholemeal Bread (400g sliced loaf)

Anyone else want to check? Am I going batty?

PS The above is about the white which I was told was a HEX. I dont know what "thick sliced grained" is - as far as I know they dont make one. They make:
Malted Danish
White Danish
Brown Danish
Thick Sliced Wholemeal

Thick Sliced White

the ones in bold are the ones that are HEXes.

The only grained ones they do are the Danish and the only free one is the Brown Danish.

Jacquih, I know which one you mean - if it comes in the purple pastic bag (Wholemeal comes in the orange) and it is gorgeous.

Thick Sliced Grained Bread - WeightWatchers

Each slice is 75 cals so until SW evaluate as to whether it can be a HE, it'll be 7.5 syns for 2 slices.
The carbs are higher than the wholemeal and the fibre is lower, so it may not be deemed acceptable as a HEb but ... we might be able to minus the HEb 6 syns from it to make it better.
I suspect that SW will be the best/only source for clarification.

I would at a guess say it doesn't qualify as a HEb as it would be on the list if so and SW update it regularly. It sounds like it doesn't have enough fibre.

I think the only white type bread allowed is nimble (unless that has changed too)

You can have 57g of any wholemeal bread as a HEb, but be aware some breads are not. The way to know is to look at the ingredients and the first ingredient listed should be wholegrain or wholemeal flour anything else is not actually proper wholemeal bread.

Last edited:
what about the malted danish? its more or less the same as wholemeal- and only 51 calories (so 2 calories more than nimble- and thats really light)

i hope it is....because my mums bought 2 loaves for me- and i had one piece before- it was nice

what about the malted danish? its more or less the same as wholemeal- and only 51 calories (so 2 calories more than nimble- and thats really light)

i hope it is....because my mums bought 2 loaves for me- and i had one piece before- it was nice

nope it is the BROWN danish that is a healthy extra not the Malted Danish.

If you look at the first ingredient listed for the malted danish, it is "wheat flour", wheat flour is not wholegrain or wholemeal, so therefore doesnt have the same fibre or health benefits.

many bread produces trick you into believing they are wholegrain and better for you when they are not.

this below is great for knowing which ingredients really are TRUE wholegrains (copied from Good bread versus Bad bread: Which loaves are really good for you?</ | NOLA.com)

IS IT REALLY WHOLE GRAIN?

YES If the label says ...
• 100 percent whole grain
• 100 percent whole wheat
• Whole wheat
• Whole (name of grain -- oats, wheatberries, millet, barley, spelt, rye)
• Stone ground whole
• Cracked

MAYBE If the label says ...
• "Made with" whole grain
• Multigrain
• 7-grain
• 12-grain
• 15-grain

NO If the label says ...
• Wheat flour
• Enriched wheat flour
• Organic wheat flour
• Unbleached wheat flour
• Unbromated wheat flour

Last edited:
nope it is the BROWN danish that is a healthy extra not the Malted Danish.

If you look at the first ingredient listed for the malted danish, it is "wheat flour", wheat flour is not wholegrain or wholemeal, so therefore doesnt have the same fibre or health benefits.

many bread produces trick you into believing they are wholegrain and better for you when they are not.

this below is great for knowing which ingredients really are TRUE wholegrains (copied from Good bread versus Bad bread: Which loaves are really good for you?</ | NOLA.com)

IS IT REALLY WHOLE GRAIN?

YES If the label says ...
• 100 percent whole grain
• 100 percent whole wheat
• Whole wheat
• Whole (name of grain -- oats, wheatberries, millet, barley, spelt, rye)
• Stone ground whole
• Cracked

MAYBE If the label says ...
• "Made with" whole grain
• Multigrain
• 7-grain
• 12-grain
• 15-grain

NO If the label says ...
• Wheat flour
• Enriched wheat flour
• Organic wheat flour
• Unbleached wheat flour
• Unbromated wheat flour

Thanks so much for that hun :) (tried to thank your post but it wouldnt let me :( )

Back