Weight Watchers Ready Meals

Josenrab

Hi,
please can you advise me as to whether I can eat the frozen/fresh ready meals alone to loose the weight. I have currently done slimming world, but so fed up of deciding what to have, and when.
I lead a very busy life, and wondered if I could have these meals alone, without having to decided and determine what to have to eat. Seems so simple if I can have a few of these a day for my main meals ie, Lunch and dinner, and know that it would be ok, and would not not be as time consuming.

Thanks
Jo

Josenrab said:
Hi,
please can you advise me as to whether I can eat the frozen/fresh ready meals alone to loose the weight. I have currently done slimming world, but so fed up of deciding what to have, and when.
I lead a very busy life, and wondered if I could have these meals alone, without having to decided and determine what to have to eat. Seems so simple if I can have a few of these a day for my main meals ie, Lunch and dinner, and know that it would be ok, and would not not be as time consuming.

Thanks
Jo

As long as you are eating within your points each day you can eat what you like...

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

You could but I reckon you would get pretty bored! Ww is so easy your not limited to anything so there's really no need to always eat the meals, it's just keeping control of your portions. You could join ww online and see how it goes a monthly pass is £20 and it's paid for the month then. I went to class for about 2 month and have decided to do it on my own using ultimate value diary which is a great app if you have a I phone but it helped get me started going to class and working out how to use Pro points. Good luck :)

Xxx

I havent been to a meeting yet, so dont know the rules of points Becky, can you enlighten me please
Thanks
Basically you'll get a certain number of points per day based on your age, height, gender etc, plus 49 weekly points that you can use at any time during the week (perhaps for a weekend treat). You can use them on whatever you want too really...I've known people who have used all their points up on chocolate cake on a regular basis, then had meals consisting entirely of points free veg. The only "rules" persay are that you stick within your points allowance, and providing you're doing that then anything goes in theory. That's what makes WW so good...you can have things without feeling like you're missing out.
If ready meals work for you, then that's great...used to do them all the time myself with no problem, as after a day at work the last thing you want to do really is cook! For a bit of variety, a few supermarkets do their own ranges that have the points already worked out on them (Tescos, Sainsburys and M&S...and perhaps others).

hi, jus wondering if can help! i went t a meetin yesterday for the first time...do u have 2 use all ur points? coz i still ave 8 left n dnt want 2 eat anything else?
thanks in advance

I'm not sure what anyone else thinks but having tried a lot of WW ready meals I'd say they are very hit and miss and a lot of them are really not very nice at all. Having said that, I've found the supermarkets' own branded ones much nicer (and usually cheaper) and if you go for the healthy/low fat ones they've even started putting the ProPoints values on them. My personal favourite is the M&S Count On Us range; everything is pointed and I've enjoyed all of it so far. :)

Hey, i used to eat alot of them, and found i plateaued very easily cos ready meals really generally aren't great for you. Although i was staying well within my points, as soon as i cut them out I started losing again. I'd say use them but don't rely on them.

I would say it is a great way to start, and if you don't mind and have access to a range of supermarkets then you can get a wide range of ready meals so you don't get bored easy. Don't forget theres also some non healthy versions of ready meals that are fine too. I had a gorgeous king prawn lemon spaghetti thing from morissons the other day, it was 10 points and gorgeous :)

I'd say mix it up with the fresh ones and the frozen ones, and snack on some fresh fruit and veg and see how you get on :) I find if I buy the ready chopped up fruit pots from asda I get my 5 a day easily and with no fuss :)

xx

Back