Weight Watchers Weddings :)

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Bridezilla, 30 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Bridezilla

Bridezilla Member

Evening everyone!

Is the new plan on the WW website from tomorrow? I need to lose some weight before I get married next year and was thinking of going back to WW as I lost some weight doing it last year.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    bride: the new plan should be on the website from the 7th of November I think!:cool:

when do you get married? me the 14th of May next year!

4. Bridezilla

Bridezilla Member

Thanks!

I'm getting married on the 2nd of July next year. It's so exciting isn't it?!?

5. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    VERY exciting! Have you started looking for dresses yet? I have got mine in May and now I'm looking for bridesmaid dresses :)

6. margarino

margarino Chronic dieter!!!

Start Weight:
    86.4kg
    Current Weight:
    85.28kg
    Goal Weight:
    68.04kg
    Lost(%):
    1.1kg(1.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't want to wait till next Saturday to find out what the new plan is!!! Why can't my weigh in be sooner :(

To the brides: what did you do about dress sizes, i'm worried because i plan on losing about 2-3 stones before my wedding next year but need to order my dress very soon....

Sorry totally off topic guys!

7. Bridezilla

Bridezilla Member

I've found my dress but I'm going to order it at the beginning of Feb after I've hopefully lost some weight. Preferably a stone...

8. margarino

Start Weight:
    86.4kg
    Current Weight:
    85.28kg
    Goal Weight:
    68.04kg
    Lost(%):
    1.1kg(1.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't know if i can leave it till feb, aren't you supposed to order it 6 months before? I'm getting married in July so really need to order it by January....

9. Bridezilla

Bridezilla Member

I'm getting married in July too and the bridal shop were the ones that told me to come back and order in February. I suppose it all depends who the manufactuer is.

10. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    I bought my wedding dress from ebay and had it altered 6 weeks before my wedding. I think my entire wedding cost less than £2000 - very frugal!

You should get a wedding thread going for all things wedding related! The most expensive part of my wedding was the singer we had for the reception.

Very exciting.

x

11. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    Ooh ta-dah!

x

12. Chantelle

Chantelle Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.84%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Hey guys!!!!!

eek im getting married on the 27th aug next year! yayyyyy :)

in relation to the dress issue I wanted a particular maggie sottero one so I ordered it in June this year as they couldnt guarantee it would not be discontinued come next year...I know its extremely early to have ordered it but I truly believe its played a huge part in how well ive done with the weight loss over last few months - the dress is a massive incentive because - i've ordered the dress [in 4 sizes smaller than I was when they measured me in June!!!!] and mentally I therefore know I HAVE to do it this time!!

xx

13. margarino

Start Weight:
    86.4kg
    Current Weight:
    85.28kg
    Goal Weight:
    68.04kg
    Lost(%):
    1.1kg(1.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow Chantelle that is sooo brave, don't think i have enough belief in myself to do that! But well done you, you seem to be well on your journey to reaching your goal!

I don't even have a dress though so i think i'm going to see what style it is and then make a decision, if its one that can easily be altered then i will get it just one size down, if its one that would ruin the design if it was altered too much then i might brave it and buy it two sizes down.... We shall see...

And thanks Starlight for making this thread, twas very confusing having 2 conversations simultaneously running on the same thread!! :D

14. SarahB

SarahB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(27.65%)
    Diet:
    Currently Slimming World
    I too got my dress off Ebay - it was a St Patrick (Pronovias) sample which cost me £85, absolutely beautiful. The shop price was £700.

15. margarino

Start Weight:
    86.4kg
    Current Weight:
    85.28kg
    Goal Weight:
    68.04kg
    Lost(%):
    1.1kg(1.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow, i am in awe of the awesome bargain hunting going on! I love a good bargain!!! :D well done ladies :D

16. scottishjewel

scottishjewel Lorna

Start Weight:
    14st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.5lb(8.52%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    thats great bargin! well done

sorry to crash i aint getting married already am but want to say your should maybe speak to a bridal shop and see what they advise tot he time limit my dress was a sale dress down from 900 to 450 still and expense but could be alter if needed i didnt lose at all! so alterations needed but on the adivce front speak to them see what they say and remember the wedding dresses are nearly always a size bigger then you are! x

17. margarino

Start Weight:
    86.4kg
    Current Weight:
    85.28kg
    Goal Weight:
    68.04kg
    Lost(%):
    1.1kg(1.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Scottish Jewel. Will ask the shop when i go next weekend :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Laura_b_05

Laura_b_05 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(33.07%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey brides :) I'm getting married 8th may 2011 :D

With regards to dresses, i picked my dress about 1 months ago but was advised by the shop i could order it and have it in plenty of time as long as i put the order in by 30th nov. So im going in a few weeks to get measured. i think when i go i'll be a 16-18 so im gonna order a 16. I hope to be 12-14 by the time of the wedding but the dress can be altered up to 3 sizes down so i know ive got plenty of room for altering. The bridal shop told me for the type of dress im having they can alter by 3 sizes (thats if its lace up the back) and if not usually they can alter about 2 sizes.

:)

20. margarino

Start Weight:
    86.4kg
    Current Weight:
    85.28kg
    Goal Weight:
    68.04kg
    Lost(%):
    1.1kg(1.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's useful to know Laura! Hopefully i'll find a lace up dress that i like :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.