Weight Watchers

bakerfa

Silver Member
Decided to start a new thread just in case anyone else out there is doing this! Was on CD for the first 3 stone and am trying to do the last 2 on WW!

Anja :)

Hard, very very hard. I was going through the cycle on SS of doing okay for about 5 days or even a week and then crashing & burning big time! Coming out of ketosis each time so I decided that since I wanted to eat so badly that it would be okay. I have maintained my weight within 3 lbs up or down for the last 3 months but would really like to lose the rest. (Once you're a size 12 the motivation for doing SS loses its power a bit, even though I'm still BMI 28.4!) Loving having the food, managing mostly to stay with fruit, cereal etc. but should ideally cut down on carbs to try & lose some more. WW can work for me, I lost 2.5 stone on it before but then I put it all back on pre-CD so am now concentrating on trying to lose with it now...

How about you?

I'm in transition. Was unwell for about 8 weeks so had to stop doing CD on Dr's orders :(. Restarted but am finding that being a camel the weight isn't shifting so it might be time to move to something else.

Went to Paul McKenna seminar on 1st July and loved the whole idea so heading in that direction to be honest :)

Hope you're feeling better. Is it water retention? I have a slight problem with that, was thinking about getting the water balance tablets they're advertising in all the slimming mags to see if that helps.

I have the PM book + cd "I can make you thin" but haven't listened to it yet. www.bol.com had it for £4.99. Will probably try it soon, am doing OU course and was tied up recently doing assignment, dissertation due September, just starting it now to give me loads of time to do it! Would be lovely if through combined WW & PM cd I could lose more!

Hi Anja,

Welcome and delighted to see you start this thread.

I feel I can identify with feeling comfortable and not the same rush on to lose the weight...

I was on and off SSing as well and like DQ put off it for now.

So as an alternative I am doing 3 CD meals and eating...I got out my old WW books and now I am pointing the food I eat as a way of keeping an eye on calories and carbs and I find it is working.

On the water retention I am finding that the CD meals are helping with it...QD would they still have a diuretic effect even though I am not in ketosis...I am drinking 4/5 litres of water and a gallon of tea as well...

Been doing a food diary almost a week and I have 6lbs. off and I find that amazing and thrilled with myself as I was losing the same stone over and over.

I hope this works well for you Anja:)

Love Mini xxx

I definitely think having the packs helps with the water situation - you are automatically drinking so much more by having them.

Not sure why my weight isn't shifting - the Dr made me stop doing CD because she felt my body wasn't coping with the stress I was under, and the diet wasn't helping. Tried water tablets with little success.

So I have the Paul McKenna journal, the CDs and am following his words of wisdom - hopefully will see some results soon :)

D_Q said:
I definitely think having the packs helps with the water situation - you are automatically drinking so much more by having them.

Not sure why my weight isn't shifting - the Dr made me stop doing CD because she felt my body wasn't coping with the stress I was under, and the diet wasn't helping. Tried water tablets with little success.

So I have the Paul McKenna journal, the CDs and am following his words of wisdom - hopefully will see some results soon :)

Hi DQ,

I think Paul McKenna is saying a lot of what we know already, but needs repeating from time to time! My husband has slowed down his eating since he watched his TV show and is more aware of what he is eating.

Love Mini xxx

as much as a i moan about how hard VLCD are, the simple truth of the matter is that counting calories is MUCH harder... at least with a VLCD you know where you are - no decision on what to have for dinner...its sweet in that sense...

I like the concept of having only this...nothing more...

I cheat like mad on low calorie. Its easy to say - i only at 1000Kcals today when in reality that muffin wasnt counted nor that pack of hunky dories :D

Good Luck Though - i love WW meetings.

Ivy

I don't cheat as I count everything but there are times when I go well over too. We went out to an Italian restaurant last week & I had 53.5 points that day! Doing well this week, had too much alcohol at the weekend & didn't count as was too busy but made sure all food choices were healthy; WW pasta, skinny cow ice cream, fruit, salad etc. Was 11,0 this morning so I'm aiming to be 10 stone something for my birthday on Thursday. Will be having tuna salad for lunch with lots of fruit & weetabix + banana for breakfast... Have been craving fish & chips all week and had said to myself that I could have them if I still want them after my WW WI tonight however I WANT to be 10,13 etc. so I will probably have noodles tonight instead as mushroom chow mein is only 4.5 points rather than 16.5 for F & C!

Good luck everyone!
Love
Anja xxx

Anja, sounds like you are doing really well. I'm impressed with your food choices, and reckon no probs getting to 10 something for your birthday! ;)

Mini said:
On the water retention I am finding that the CD meals are helping with it...QD would they still have a diuretic effect even though I am not in ketosis...I am drinking 4/5 litres of water and a gallon of tea as well...

Hi Mini: Forgive me leaping in here: I know you've read every book there is about CD - that's a huge compliment! and I would recommend that anyone but the most casual of dieters read Dr Howard's 2004 version of The Cambridge Diet* - but I'd like to clarify this for others:

It's a common assumption that CD contains diuretic ingredients, like the many potions available from surgeries, chemists and health food stores - but it doesn't; as you said, it has a diuretic effect only because of the reduced daily calorie intake, and the small quantity of carbohydrate it contains. So if you're not in ketosis, that means your glycogen stores will have been replenished.

*from Counsellors. And, for Counsellors, I would recommend getting this one from HQ, which I don't think is part of the Business Kit: The Manual for Health Professionals...

Hi Lesly,

No, I am not in ketosis, but was wondering because I am taking the CD meals I am drinking more water than if I were only eating.

If the body lacks water, the first thing it will do is protect itself and retain? Also I am watching my salt intake.

I have noticed that my feet and ankles are not as swollen when I am taking the CD meals along with food.?

Love Mini xxx

hi anja wen i first done weight watchers i lost 3 stone but over time put it back on im now trying ww again and hopefully this time i can keep it off well done with your weight loss good on ya hope i can do as well as you ave

I am thinking of doing ww or sw, i have done sw before but know nothing about ww except i know you have points.

Can anyone tell me how it works and examples of what you can have.

Hi Dawn

WW is a great plan. Basically there are 2 versions - "No count" where you have a list of foods you can eat as much of as you like plus an additional 21 points per week of food for extras that are not on the list. Most people go for the "Full Choice" plan where you eat whatever you like up to a certain amount of points based on your weight and age etc. In my case I had 24 points. You will get a little card thingy that will convert calories into points. They do encourage you to eat healthily and to get as much food for your points as possible (healthy foods are generally low in points).
I enjoyed the classes etc but found the points counting tedious. I also couldnt attend a class each and every week and got really annoyed paying for the weeks I didnt go.

Give it a go - good luck:)

I did the no count from WW when I had to come off CD for 3 weeks.

I've also done SW many, many times:eek:

They both have their pros and cons.

SW is great if you are happy to have few carbs with your meal (usually in the form of veg) and enjoy snacking on meat, fruit and veg. Or if you do the Green day, limited meat, but snack on the carbs. A tiny amount of syns left for snacking on things of your own choice.

WW NC, has again, only a tiny amount of points for snacking treats, and only fruit otherwise for snacks (if I remember rightly), but you can have limitless meat and carbs (potatoes, rice, spag) etc at the mealtime.

Both diets recommend you stop eating when you are satisfied and required you to remove skin and excess fat from meat.

Both good in there own way. For the moment, I prefer WLR which means I can eat what I like in sensible amounts.

Each to his own though :)

Back