Weights on products???

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by maypole, 12 May 2010 Social URL.

1. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    :mad::mad::mad:

I have just been to wilko & got some low sin treats of a pack of ready salted french fries & some cadbury buttons & neither have weights on so I can either look them up on lifeline online. I have noticed this before as well. Does anyone know where they have gone???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Morgawr

Morgawr Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW Group
    I seem to recall several years ago reading that if something weighed less than 25g I think it was they didn't have to put the weight on. Don't know if that still applies though

4. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If it has the values for 100grms couldn't you weigh your fries & buttons & calculate the syns that way?

Or you could google them see if you can find them that way. Othewise I'd look on SW for something simlar & use that syn value;)

5. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    its irritating i know even worse is when whats in the packet is a different weight to what it says, i had a snacki sized crunchie the other day and it had 1 and a half snack sized crunchies in it... surely the extra is syn free?

6. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm at work so no scales :( I am going over guess but was interested to know why that all. I have access to website but thanks for offer :)

7. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Did you buy them in a multipack? In which case the weight, nutritional information, etc., will be on the outer packaging, not the individual wrapper.

8. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    No I got them in wilko on their own. It's got all the nutritional info on but doesn't say how much the bag weighs :confused: I have eaten the buttons & classed it as 8 1/2 syns

9. MichelinMummy

MichelinMummy Full Member

I think a regular (loose) bag of French Fries are 22g. Multipack bags are usually smaller than those bought singly and on the Syns online it says this -

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Walkers Crisps French Fries, all varieties 19g bag[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] 4 Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 4 Syns [​IMG] Green 4 Syns [/FONT]

[/FONT]

which I presumed is the multipack weight and also

Walkers Crisps French Fries, all varieties 22g bag

[​IMG] 4½ Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 4½ Syns [​IMG] Green 4½ Syns

which I think is the loose pack.

I think this is the individual bag of buttons too

Cadbury Buttons 32g bag

[​IMG] 8½ Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 8½ Syns [​IMG] Green 8½ Syns

so you are bang on with saying 8.5!

Good luck xxx

Last edited: 13 May 2010
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.