Weightwatchers - Changing ??

I re-read this earlier, and although newspapers don't always report all the facts, I'm not really looking forward to having this slush fund.

I'm trying to better my ways and don't want something there that might encourage me to eat out. Plus not sure having fruit and veg as free will help everyone make better choices, as I would now on the discovery plan have a 1.5point banana over a say a 2point cake, but (and I know we don't have all the facts and that points for items will be different) with the new plan it almost sounds like I could have both as the banana would be 0 points.

So how would that encourage me to eat better?

I have to admit I really dont see the point of the extra treat points. Personally I think its better incorporating treats into my daily points allowance. After all isnt that what non dieting people do, have a balance.

Ill reserve judgement til I know more but I have to say I think when I come back to WW I think Ill be stiicking with the current plan

Im not sure Starlight, I like the sound of having a "blow out" without struggling with the points and trying to build them up. I know myself that I can have at least 5/6 100% days, but would love a bit extra for the weekend, like today, a very hormonally induced eating day, and it would be nice to have that extra to play with. I cant see how it will work though. From that article, it seems that it will be a new way of dealing with nutrition, which I like too, cause I havent always been convinced about calories!
Im looking forward to embracing the plan.
When it boils down to it, its energy in/energy out, so we will see!!! lol.
x

How interesting! The plan at the bottom looks quite similar to points now really, but now I get the not counting calories, and i agree with it. Im excited about this. For someone like me who knows that certain foods just dont like me, I feel it will put me onto the right track.

Thanks Punisher.

Of course, some of the interpretations by the journalist are off, as usual (I don't think journalists actually read what they write sometimes) but the basic principles look convincing.

Should manufacturers start being asked to put Nett energy count on their packaging if Gross is misleading?

I am glad to see WW's acknowledgment of the fact that not all calories are created equal, nor is losing weight a simple matter of calories-in-calories-out. The human body metabolizes an apple differently to a 100-calorie pack of HFCS-laden Oreo Thins, at least mine does. I'm predicting that the snacky items sold in the meeting rooms will most likely dwindle in popularity. But WW will make up for it with the new calculators and cookbooks we'll be buying!!!

I am glad to see WW's acknowledgment of the fact that not all calories are created equal, nor is losing weight a simple matter of calories-in-calories-out. The human body metabolizes an apple differently to a 100-calorie pack of HFCS-laden Oreo Thins, at least mine does. I'm predicting that the snacky items sold in the meeting rooms will most likely dwindle in popularity. But WW will make up for it with the new calculators and cookbooks we'll be buying!!!

Totally agree :)

I think the bars etc will definitely be less popular. My leader mentioned today that the peanut ones will become 4 ProPoints and the ladies next to me were up in arms and said that they wouldn't be buying them anymore as that was almost a quarter of their allowance. There's going to be a lot of knee-jerk reactions like that, even though the leader did her best to make it clear that ProPoints aren't the same as Points. Even the little booklet we got today teasing the new plan makes that crystal clear.

I'm still really looking forward to making the change. I think it will encourage me to eat even more healthily---I'm feeling quite gleeful about being able to have fruit for free in my breakfast porridge :) I look forward to hearing about the weekly allowance and how that's going to work..

Shrinking girl, we've had Weekly Allowance Points in North America for a few years, and they're great! There are a lot of people who try not to dip into them at all, and as many who use every. single. one. (That would be me!) It depends how high your Target is - when mine was 27, it was a lot easier to leave them unused than now, when I have a measly 19 as my Target. All these changes - it's like going shopping in another country and finding out that sales tax works totally differently from what you're used to.

I'm also excited about having a Points-free blob of homemade applesauce in my morning oatmeal! My co-workers think I am weird for nuking my oatmeal every morning at work instead of having a muffin or croissant, but I lovelovelove the stuff! Maybe we need a t-shirt: Weight Watchers: Where grown-ups eat oatmeal by choice!

Totally agree :)

I think the bars etc will definitely be less popular. My leader mentioned today that the peanut ones will become 4 ProPoints and the ladies next to me were up in arms and said that they wouldn't be buying them anymore as that was almost a quarter of their allowance. There's going to be a lot of knee-jerk reactions like that, even though the leader did her best to make it clear that ProPoints aren't the same as Points. Even the little booklet we got today teasing the new plan makes that crystal clear.

I'm still really looking forward to making the change. I think it will encourage me to eat even more healthily---I'm feeling quite gleeful about being able to have fruit for free in my breakfast porridge :) I look forward to hearing about the weekly allowance and how that's going to work..

So when does it actually change over to pro points?? I thought it was today?:confused: I was going to go to a class tonight but i might wait until later in the week or maybe next week .

So when does it actually change over to pro points?? I thought it was today?:confused: I was going to go to a class tonight but i might wait until later in the week or maybe next week .

Its the 7th/8th of November Thats for meetings and then website..

(please someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

The switchover is different in different countries - in the UK it appears to be next Monday, but the US and Canada don't change until early December. I assume that's because the US celebrates Thanksgiving on Nov. 25, and it'd be a big honkin' ball of confusion for everyone if they were to roll out a new program right before the holiday. Which doesn't mean that I won't be trolling for spoilers from you guys until then. Consider it payback for all the times you were torn as to whether you should read message boards about your fave TV shows because you weren't seeing them at the same time as we did.

Shrinking girl, we've had Weekly Allowance Points in North America for a few years, and they're great! There are a lot of people who try not to dip into them at all, and as many who use every. single. one. (That would be me!) It depends how high your Target is - when mine was 27, it was a lot easier to leave them unused than now, when I have a measly 19 as my Target. All these changes - it's like going shopping in another country and finding out that sales tax works totally differently from what you're used to.

I'm also excited about having a Points-free blob of homemade applesauce in my morning oatmeal! My co-workers think I am weird for nuking my oatmeal every morning at work instead of having a muffin or croissant, but I lovelovelove the stuff! Maybe we need a t-shirt: Weight Watchers: Where grown-ups eat oatmeal by choice!

Oh, I'd completely forgotten about applesauce! I used to make it all the time when I was trying to eat clean a la Tosca. Another favourite was to add 1/2c of pumpkin puree and some spice to make it taste like pumpkin pie. It was super-healthy and tasted so decadent. It's such a shame that it is so difficult to find can's of Libby's pumpkin over here. I may cook up some squash but it's just not the same.

You make a good point about the weekly allowance points. I guess I'll see how I get on with the daily ones (I'm sure I'll have plenty of those) and dip in if I really need to. It would be nice (but totally not necessary) to occasionally split a cake with my little boy at the coffee shop.

Back