Weightwatchers - Changing ??

I know that feeling, Im broke as a joke :( Im sure there'll be a ton of info on the new plan filtering through on here next week, but like you Id like the formula on working out points etc. Im wondering if the makers of the iwatcr app on the iphone will give an update with the new formula...?

I hope vodka isnt crazily high on the new system either *FAIL*

LMAO hehe i know hun! im wondering about the booze too! especially xmas coming up hehe! :D

i'm hoping they give you an app for each phone type as im on nokia! :( and we never get anything good lol! im praying someone sets up an online calc asap after the new plan comes in lol can set as bookmark then, going to try the new plan for a week come off CC and see how it goes, and if i dont like then back to CC :) that's another reason i dont wanna spend the money :(

just found this;

30g Branflakes: 3 ProPoints
Quarter pint skimmed milk: 1 ProPoint
Banana slices: 0 ProPoints.
Small glass (100ml) unsweetened orange juice: 1 ProPoint
Mug of tea: 0 ProPoints
MID-MORNING SNACK
Skinny latte using half pint skimmed milk: 3 ProPoints
Grapes and kiwi fruit: 0 ProPoints
LUNCH
Spicy tomato and butternut squash soup: 0 ProPoints
Wholemeal bread roll (50g): 3 ProPoints
2 level tsps (10g) low fat spread: 1 ProPoint
2 med slices (70g) premium ham: 2 ProPoints
Salad of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion, peppers: 0 ProPoints
15ml balsamic salad dressing: 0 ProPoints
Slices of melon: 0 ProPoints
Sugar free fruit squash: 0 ProPoints
DINNER
Med (165g) skinless chicken breast baked in foil with herbs: 4 ProPoints
150g potatoes: 3 ProPoints
Mangetout, baby sweetcorn, carrots: 0 ProPoints
Small pot (150ml) low fat plain yoghurt: 2 ProPoints
Fruit cocktail in natural juice (drained): 0 ProPoints
EVENING SNACK
Standard size (26g) Cadbury's Curly Wurly: 3 ProPoints
330ml bottle lager: 3 ProPoints
Total: 29 ProPoints (stick with this and you'll lose up to 2lbs a week)

Dunno if it's 100%%%% totally true! but kinda gives a little indication of what to expect i suppose curlywurlys doubled! 3 points now and larger 3 points (about same?) at least squash seems to be the same FRREEEEEE!!! :eek:;)

EDIT: just saw hun that apparently vodka and coke will be 2propoints

Hello
I have been reading your posts for a couple of weeks-and just thought I should introduce myself! I am from the states and we have been told that the new program will begin the last week of Nov/first week of Dec. I did download the phone app, and it seems like higher fat, or higher carb foods are more points, but it also seems like the free fruit will balance that out. I put in my roast beef last night and old way was 5 points, new way was 7 points. My favorite scone was 11 old way and 16 new way!!! We have had the weekly allowance since the Momentum plan, and I love it, I can eat a great meal once a week and not feel like I have cheated-or I can use a few points a day. I have been more successful with the weeklies than I was before. In the past I would only stay on the plan so long, feel deprived and then just starting eating all of the fast food we have available and not look back! Now, I can eat higher point foods, track them and keep going. I am losing about 1.2 pounds a week, even with a broken leg and ankle! Cant wait to hear how the new plan unfolds and what you all think about it once you start playing around with it!
Sorry for such a long post-it really has been great reading all of your posts-this is such a positive place!!!

Hello
I have been reading your posts for a couple of weeks-and just thought I should introduce myself! I am from the states and we have been told that the new program will begin the last week of Nov/first week of Dec. I did download the phone app, and it seems like higher fat, or higher carb foods are more points, but it also seems like the free fruit will balance that out. I put in my roast beef last night and old way was 5 points, new way was 7 points. My favorite scone was 11 old way and 16 new way!!! We have had the weekly allowance since the Momentum plan, and I love it, I can eat a great meal once a week and not feel like I have cheated-or I can use a few points a day. I have been more successful with the weeklies than I was before. In the past I would only stay on the plan so long, feel deprived and then just starting eating all of the fast food we have available and not look back! Now, I can eat higher point foods, track them and keep going. I am losing about 1.2 pounds a week, even with a broken leg and ankle! Cant wait to hear how the new plan unfolds and what you all think about it once you start playing around with it!
Sorry for such a long post-it really has been great reading all of your posts-this is such a positive place!!!

Thanks hun for getting in touch with the site! bet you cant wait for the plan to start either! though looks it will be less than a change for you, with you already having a weekly allowance to work from, i was wondering say one say you go over your points, do you just take these away from the weekly amount youve been given? ... say your on 29 points, and you go over to 35points in one day... do you then just take the extra 6 points away from your weekly allowance given for treats etc?? thanks for the help lol :)

Smirky - Make sure if you do sign up for monthly pass, that you cancel it almost as soon as you sign up, as once they have taken the first £12.95, the second months amount comes out only 2 weeks later, but then it will go to monthly after that, so that you always have your monthly pass card ready for the next month in advance..

Smirky - Make sure if you do sign up for monthly pass, that you cancel it almost as soon as you sign up, as once they have taken the first £12.95, the second months amount comes out only 2 weeks later, but then it will go to monthly after that, so that you always have your monthly pass card ready for the next month..

omg!! that sounds confusing! arggh! thanks hun! i will make sure i sort that out if i decide to do monthly! really appreciate the heads up, hope your alright xxx

First impression comparing the sample menu to the Points values in Momentum - we're gonna be closer to low-carbing, more like "good carbing", to be precise. Which is good, because I know a lot of people who'd reach for a granola bar rather than spending the Points on a banana. Is Core/Simply Filling going to be around? I never mastered the Satisfaction Scale, so my success was limited, but the idea was great.

*waves at Valerie* Where in the US are you? I'm in Canada, and we've also been doing Momentum. Are you taking APs for schlepping around on crutches? You should - from what I remember, it's exhausting!!

Yes-if you go over your dailies then you dip into your weekly allowance-you can use them however you want. Seems to me on what we called the flex plan-you could save points-it has been awhile so I could be wrong-and then use them before the end of the week.
I like this way much better! I tend to use the majority of my weekly points the day of or the day after I get weighed-and then eat my daily allowance the rest of the week. Seems to keep my body from acting deprived and allows me to see a small movement down on the scale for most weeks.
My leader said that something the same idea as filling foods/core would be a part of this program. That just does not work for me-but it works great for some.
I wish I could take some AP's-but most of the time I am in a wheel chair-no walking for me for another month!
I am in Las Vegas, Nevada

Last edited:
omg!! that sounds confusing! arggh! thanks hun! i will make sure i sort that out if i decide to do monthly! really appreciate the heads up, hope your alright xxx

Well I was going to sign up online for the monthly pass so it would make meetings cheaper for my hubby and me, but when I found this out I decided to hold off doing that till I see what I think of the new plan (fingers crossed I like it)

We haven't got much money ourselves but I would rather go without then see my hubby put the weight he has lost back on. If meetings are the only thing that work for him, I'm sticking with them for the foreseeable future..

Got a job interview on Thursday so really hope that goes well, cause that would really help us out so much at the mo. Would mean my hubby might not have to do 84hr weeks again next year. (He already does 60 as per his contract)

i follow SW and this new WW plan is very interesting to me (esp as i have lots of pals who are point counters!!!)

I look forward to reading about it all - but it seems to me VERY close to the Extra easy plan on SW!?!?!

x

Sorry I am rubbish at explaining myself - what I mean is that now Fruit and veggies are free on WW, that if you put a SW Extra Easy menu next to a new WW Propoints menu - i dont think there would be much difference in them - sizewise, even though the points would be counted on WW!

x

I for one am hoping very much its beggar all like EE on SW cos all I did with that plan was gain 2lb, lose 1lb, lose 0.5lb, gain 3lb so on and so forth! 8 months and I got no where. I like my points (pokes bottom lip out)

x

On SW EE you could eat as much carb as you liked, as long as a third of your plate was veg. Can'e see it being like that. Like you say, I hope not, I spent the best part of a year losing no weight on that, assuming it was me!

Nope it wasn't just you - EE didn't work for me either. SW worked for me years ago in the days when tinned bolognese and macaroni cheese were free!

I am feeling very nervous now about trying this new plan. I know someone that has been doing it and she put on 4lb in the first week. :eek::eek::eek::eek: So shes switched back to original pointing and is going to stick with what she knows. It hasnt worked for her. Shes been doing WW for quite a while now.

I really want to try the new plan because its new and as have been doing WW for over 10 years so its sounds interesting but on the other hand scared to try it. :faint2:

I don't know how SW works, but what I can say girls is that it's now the second day I'm doing the new plan, and honest to God, I'm STUFFED. My fiancé is stuffed too, and compared to what he had on the old plan, he is doing basically what he would be doing previously: he was on 26 points per day and yesterday he had 23.5 and today 28, so it balances perfectly well. But the extra fruit, which he previously didn't want to have because he preferred to have a treat, is filling him up so much he doesn't even think of the treats! And the 28 points he had today were INCLUDING the fruit in the count, exactly as if I was still pointing with the old plan, and the same for the 23.5 yesterday. So as you can see there's not much of a difference between the two plans, but this new plan does encourage you to eat the right things :)

nothing like sw as iv read that a mullerlight is 3 pr.pts & sw they are free, like everyone im waiting to see what the new plan is next week x

Why are people insisting on comparing ww to sw they are not and never will be the same so if you want to lose weight with ww then ignore all that sw does and vice versa

I found an online propoints calculater and was able to find out the formula that was used on it. I now have this on my iwatchr and its working. I tested it against the android propoints app and got the same result. I doubt i will be allowed to share this info?

Back