Weightwatchers - Changing ??

This week's Bella magazine has an article about the new plan. It also has a voucher for 2 weeks free trial for WW online. I think I'll give that a go before I rush into joining a group again!

Hi,
I have the android app downloaded, waiting to get going!!!
Can I just say, that it has occured to me looking at the plan from Bella that most of the "good for you" foods, seem to be almost double, but then you have lf spread 10g for 1, so its going to be harder to work it out without calculators?

Someone said that someone they knew had put on 4lbs, but someone told me they new a helper who had lost 4lbs, so as with the old way, sw, or any "weight loss plan" there are some who will do better than others, whether it be hormones, cheating, misunderstanding etc!!!

Oh, and one more thing, the biggest thing that is scaring me is that bananas are free!!!! ha ha ha!!!! To me, if they are saying what they are about calories and the different way the body uses them, well, its a known fact that bananas have a high sugar content and sent the bloods soaring, so why are they free? Ah well, do you know what, WW have outdone themselves, cause here we all are, excited, scared, apprehensive, questioning etc, and as much as we will benefit, so will they!!!!

xx

zebredy said:
Smirky - Make sure if you do sign up for monthly pass, that you cancel it almost as soon as you sign up, as once they have taken the first £12.95, the second months amount comes out only 2 weeks later, but then it will go to monthly after that, so that you always have your monthly pass card ready for the next month in advance..

If you cancel it just after you sign up can you still log on for the rest of the month?

in iwatchr go to the custom calculator and then conifgure it.
i have it as
value 1 / 10.99
+
value 2 / 9.17
+
value 3 / 3.89
+
value 4 / 34.48

then change the value names to
protien
carbs
fat
fibre

If you cancel it just after you sign up can you still log on for the rest of the month?

I'm not sure, but I would think so, you would have paid for a whole months subscription so I can't see why not.

I wonder if anyone has tried signing up for a month, cancelling then at the end of the month signing up again still only paying 12.95?

Yay! That formula works a treat in iWatchr (just downloaded it). I tested it against the ProPoints given for a McDonald's Double Cheeseburger in the little "Moving to ProPoints" booklet we got in our meeting on Monday.

Now to investigate the ProPoints of some of my favourites:)

the best way to get around the propoints quickly is using a trick someone in the French board told me, which really works:

if you're in a rush and you have no calculator with you, use this quick formula: KCalories/40!!!! That's ALL guys. If you do that, anything that comes out 1.1 to 1.49 would be counted as 1 propoint and anything 1.5 to 2 as 2 points. The only shaky area is when it's close to the .5 mark, where it can be mistaken. As a rule of thumb, check always against the calculator, but if you don't have it and need a quick indication, at least the cal/40 trick can give you a rough idea!

the best way to get around the propoints quickly is using a trick someone in the French board told me, which really works:

if you're in a rush and you have no calculator with you, use this quick formula: KCalories/40!!!! That's ALL guys. If you do that, anything that comes out 1.1 to 1.49 would be counted as 1 propoint and anything 1.5 to 2 as 2 points. The only shaky area is when it's close to the .5 mark, where it can be mistaken. As a rule of thumb, check always against the calculator, but if you don't have it and need a quick indication, at least the cal/40 trick can give you a rough idea!

Im sorry I dont understand what that means lol.

Could you explain the cal/40 thing please :)

so... you look at any food, it's got a certain amount of calories, proteins, carbs, fats and fibres written on the nutrition details. Doing the calculation in the proper way without having the wheel or the calculator would be too difficult. Also, taking the WW paper wheel with you at the supermarket would raise a few eyebrows (what is he/she doing with that?). So instead than looking at the proteins, carbs, fats and fibres of the food, look only at the calories. let's say we're talking about an activia yogurt fat free. With the old plan, that would be 1 point wouldn't it because its 70 calories and 0.1 saturated fat. Now, ingnore the fat. It's 70 calories. 70/40 = 1.75. Hence, the propoints value is 2 propoints. When you will have the booklet you will see that this is correct. Is that clear now? :)

Kewl! I just did this with my LF yogurt and it came out to 3 Points, which makes sense, because the "currency" has been "re-valued", and it was 2 Points under Momentum math.

How is the calculation for Activity Points changing? I have been using a very fuzzy math of 1 AP per mile or per 100 calories burned, so, for example, I took 13 APs for the 1/2 marathon I walked in September.

Rachel I still don't know about activity points. But I'll let you know as soon as I can put my hands on the new pedometer next week :)

I'm not sure, but I would think so, you would have paid for a whole months subscription so I can't see why not.

I wonder if anyone has tried signing up for a month, cancelling then at the end of the month signing up again still only paying 12.95?

I can answer that lol, i stopped ww for a bit and still had a valid pass in my purse, cancelled a few weeks back did exante but had to stop due to medical reasons and today went back to meetings and my pass runs out on 6th nov so just used that and got home and signed back up for monthly pass and only paid 12.95

so... you look at any food, it's got a certain amount of calories, proteins, carbs, fats and fibres written on the nutrition details. Doing the calculation in the proper way without having the wheel or the calculator would be too difficult. Also, taking the WW paper wheel with you at the supermarket would raise a few eyebrows (what is he/she doing with that?). So instead than looking at the proteins, carbs, fats and fibres of the food, look only at the calories. let's say we're talking about an activia yogurt fat free. With the old plan, that would be 1 point wouldn't it because its 70 calories and 0.1 saturated fat. Now, ingnore the fat. It's 70 calories. 70/40 = 1.75. Hence, the propoints value is 2 propoints. When you will have the booklet you will see that this is correct. Is that clear now? :)

Oh I get you, wow thats really good. I like it !

:D

I just went out and got the new bella mag (not a mag ive ever bought or would buy) just to have a look see what it says. its got a weekly meals plan kind of things and the points for a few things. its basicly just new points for things depending on how good for you they are...Its not that much of a change.

I just went out and got the new bella mag (not a mag ive ever bought or would buy) just to have a look see what it says. its got a weekly meals plan kind of things and the points for a few things. its basicly just new points for things depending on how good for you they are...Its not that much of a change.

yes exactly. Most foods have gone up in points. For example, a WW pizza oval "spicy chicken" which is 3.5 points the old way is now 6 propoints. but for example, the WW mature cheddar cheese slices are 1 point old way and 1 propoint! So there ARE things that will stay roughly the same. I still haven't seen things decreasing though, except fruit.

Another difference is that you don't have half points. So while normally you could fit certain things in because they were 0.5 point and you would think "well, only 0.5 point over my allowance is not too bad!", now you can't. The WW fruities are 1 propoints per pack. You CANNOT put down 0.5 point for half a pack :D. In the end, you'll find that your 29 propoints allowance is not as much as you think!:cry:

Back