Weightwatchers - Changing ??

Well I was thinking when all the books etc went down in price that they were just coming out with new one, based on the same plan, so wanted to clear stock because of that.

I didn't think it was cause the discovery plan I'm on was actually gona be totally changing itself.

Was glad to get the book cheap but a bit miffed cause I didn't know about the new plan at the time, well because when the new plan comes out, I might have to re-point some of the ingredients for the recipes in my new cook book, I'm not lazy I'll do it, its just a little time consuming that's all...

All the cookery books will be recalculated for you - yor leader will have certain ones and you can get the rest online :)

Sorry to butt in what's porridge I live on it is that much higher?xx

1 pp for 10g, so it's 3 pp for 30g like every other cereals I have counted including the newest addition from Kellogg's, Krave... my fiancé loves it!

Sorry to butt in what's porridge I live on it is that much higher?xx

I calculated my usual 1.5pt 30g choc ready brek to be 3pp on the new system. At first I snorted and huffed but I was forgetting we will have more points to play with so have gotten over my inital huff and will continue to enjoy it..
x

Is everyone on 29 pp a day say someone 20 stone or 10 stone? If so that's odd x

My leader hinted that 29 was the lowest number and it goes up so not everyone one will be on that though some will...

Though if some people are on 29points a day what happens when they lose weight, if that's the lowest they could get too, then how would dropping a point once you got under another stone barrier work?

size102b said:
Is everyone on 29 pp a day say someone 20 stone or 10 stone? If so that's odd x

No, 29 is the minimum for women and 46 is the minimum for men.

If you're on esource or ww online then you'll see your new points allowance automatically when the changeover happens. And if you do meetings your new allowance will be given to you by your leader.

likklebex said:
All the cookery books will be recalculated for you - yor leader will have certain ones and you can get the rest online :)

I knew the most recent ones would have their propoints included in the new folder and was really happy about that. But all of them? And available online? AWESOME!

Quite a lot about the new plan in today's Daily Mail .... I've taken the info out to browse thoroughly later. There is an ABC of a few foods though which is helpful.

No, 29 is the minimum for women and 46 is the minimum for men.

If you're on esource or ww online then you'll see your new points allowance automatically when the changeover happens. And if you do meetings your new allowance will be given to you by your leader.

29 women 46 men omg men are so lucky :( Thanx xx

May as well jump on the speculation bandwagon, even though I'm not deciding anything til I get the new plan rolled out by my leader :p

Is there any form of "Simply Filling" or Core type thing on this new plan?

I have a feeling they aren't going to release a questionnaire to work out how many points you need like in the old plan. You'll either give your details to the leader or put them in online and they'll give you the amount, that way people who buy stuff online won't be able to work out their points, even if they can work out the points of foods. Not that it will make much difference, I'm sure people will work around it.

I found this online calculator ProPoints Calculator, a free online WeightWatchers tool

Now the problem I can see with this is for vegetarians. My typical meat substitutes are now going up far more in points compared to the actual meat I would be attempting to replace. This puts vegetarians at a considerable disadvantage when seeking sources of protein. Ok we could live on fruit and 0-point veg, but as soon as you look for something to give you the protein that meat would have done, you're hammering those points.

That was my thoughts to. Doesnt shout out as being verry veggie freindly but it might all even out in the end.

Of course the question is - how conducive is being a vegetarian to staying lean? You often read how vegetarians are healthier on average than meat eaters, but I wonder if those statistics are going back to the time when if you were a veggie it was because you were a health food fanatic or naturist - like in the 50s. I have to say that among the people I know personally, the ones who emphasise meat and use vegetables as mere trimmings, are leaner looking.

Back