Weightwatchers online or meetings??

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by lozlg, 30 March 2009 Social URL.

1. lozlg

lozlg Member

Diet:
    SW
    Hi, i'm new to this group. I have previously done lighterlife and cambridge diets but now i'm looking into weightwatchers. I have a stone and a half to loose and can't decide whether to do WW online or go to meetings every week? What works best for you and why?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Twiggy

Twiggy Is in the Zone

Diet:
    WW
    Hi Loz

For me it's classes everytime. I can't stick to it without the discipline of being publicly weighed every week.

But a lot of people are successful online too - so it's whatever suits you really.

Twigs
    xx

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If youre not going to classes I wouldnt waste the money on online, its rubbish lol Seriously, get a calculator, Eating out guide, shopping guide & Minimins, thats all you need if you dont need the discipline of classes.

5. Curlz

Curlz Hiya Chucks!!

I couldnt do online need the disipline of weekly classes..
    xx

6. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I do go to classes, i tried without but really struggled

I have done the monthly pass but not activated it yet so havent seen what online has to offer but i agree if i wasnt going to classes i woudnt bother there is enough on the net :D

7. smilerjen

smilerjen Has the power of the horn

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I dont do either, just plod along on my own! Been working well for me tho, as soon as Will power goes tho I will be at class! :)

8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I need to go to classes too. Give it a try and get the literature and decide then.

Irene xx

9. sortingoutmylife

sortingoutmylife Silver Member

Diet:
    WeightWatchers ProPoints
    I guess it depends on how honest you can be with yourself and how motivated you are.

If you think you can stick to the diet and weigh yourself each week and be honest about what you eat, then online is fine - and you can get all the support you need from here so you don't need the class for that.

If, on the other hand you can't be honest (like Me!) then go to a class - there's nothing like knowing you have to be weighed at the end of a week to keep you on track!

Good luck with whatever you decide!
    xx

10. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    i did it on line for a while and did ok with it, but when i went on holiday i didnt have the dscipline to get myself back on it so i did join a class. am going it alone now tho, have all the info i need in the books and ther's so much support on here that it just unture

11. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    On that public weighing thing - I got my OH to weigh me when I was doing W8 and that worked a treat....first time he had ever seen how much I weighed at the start so it was a really good incentive. It was more worrying facing him than any class leader and he didn't charge me ;)

Online stuff is not worth the money though. So if you are going to need discipline, it would be classes for me too. x

12. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    It all depends on your attitude to this and your motivational levels. If you have no problem sticking to diets and have a lot of self discipline, will power and motivation I would say go it along and follow Starlights advise- just pick up the eating out guide, shopping guide a points calculator - get yourself a A5 notepad to use as your food diary and off you go! You've always got Minimins 24 hours a day to help you on your journey.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.