Weird thing your parents used to say

kellymundy

Gold Member
Did anyone elses parents use to come out with some really funny phases or was it just mine (actually just my dad, my mum's NORMAL!)?
Whenever there was silence for to long my dad would say:
Pee Poe Belly Bum Draws!!!
FREAK!!!:D
Does anyone else have an alien for a parent?

my sis always used to say to me
Kayleigh Dunn, done a poo, in her shoe and it looked like you!!

strange strange women!!!

xxx

If I'd lost something and asked my mum had she seen it she would say
"Yes its under my arm hanging on a sweat bubble" :sign0137:

If I'd lost something and asked my mum had she seen it she would say
"Yes its under my arm hanging on a sweat bubble" :sign0137:
LMAO! That made me laugh so much I snorted! Thank god I'm home alone my hubby would have ripped into me if he'd heard me do that!:rotflmao:

I used to get..." Don't run, if you fall and break your leg dont come running to me crying"

AND

"I had one of those but the wheel fell off"

If I was ever cheeky to my Gran she used to tell me -

"I'll come across your face!" - Shocking! No wonder I've turned out the way I have! Hehehehehe!

She sometimes used to call me a "buggers ghost" as well? Still don't understand that one - must be an Irish thing!

Oh god .. I don't think Ive laughed so much for ages.

My dad too never let us leave the table without our plate being clean ... even if we were there hours! He said it would make us big and strong!

xx

Thought of another one, If my mum was shocked or suprised by something she would say
"O my giddy aunt"

Thought of another one, If my mum was shocked or suprised by something she would say
"O my giddy aunt"

yep my mum uses that one!

xx

my grandad would say if had see a cat in the garden

ooo eer mrs bowden ur black cats in my back garden

he was a bit strange lol

My parents are cockney but haven't lived in London since they were about 20 odd (about 40years ago) so they've both lost their accents (except mum when she's had a few! She cracks me up! LOL).
I 'll always remember when I was a kid my mum telling me to get up the apples and pears if we played up at bedtime in her now non-cockney voice.
Not exactly weird but something that's just stuck in my head!

My parents are cockney but haven't lived in London since they were about 20 odd (about 40years ago) so they've both lost their accents (except mum when she's had a few! She cracks me up! LOL).
I 'll always remember when I was a kid my mum telling me to get up the apples and pears if we played up at bedtime in her now non-cockney voice.
Not exactly weird but something that's just stuck in my head!

Yeah I'm from the East End of London and we use to say Cuppa Rosie Lee (cup of tea), well now shortened to Cuppa Rosie.

my mam always used to ask if I'd hurt my pride when I tripped or hurt myself as a kid. For years I thought she meant had I landed on my backside. Dont know why! Think I must have landed on my bum once, and it went from there

My Granda always had his favourite phrases. If we ever asked where Grandma was, he would always tell us that she was in a jam jar on the roof.

He would ask ' hows your face' and we would have to reply 'so's mine, it must be the weather'

Have you seen ten thousand men? was another. No reply, just a statement.

I think he has always been a bit bonkers, but now at 94 he is officially losing his marbles. He can still speak swahili (?sp), though! Learnt during WW2!

Well as i was growing up if anyone broke wind (the smelly kind) my mum would say "theres a wee moose" (scottish slang for mouse), which led to us calling farting Moosing.
If anyone broke wind, we would say "who moosed?" now why did they never tell me that it was just a "family thing"
I cant remember the amount of times i said to my pals "eeeh, who moosed?" only to be ridiculed!

My mum had a few sayings:-

If we lost anything and asked where it was, she'd say "In nanny's room behind the wall paper" I never had a nanny, but my sister still uses this saying.

What's for dinner - "Bread and if it or bread and pull it " If you stood in front of the TV - "You make a better door than a window" I use this one and so does my eldest daughter.

Dad only had one "Bloody Walsall" that was instead of swearing, why Walsall, I have no idea, as he was from Middlesborough.

well if you asked for anything in our house it was up ur arse, round the corner and on the second shelf on the right.

the lovely if the wind changes you'll stay like that ( said when your in a bad mood )

and a girl i worked with, this must have been a north belfast saying...... my arse is making buttons. its apparently when youve 2 choices and cant make ur mind up. first time she said it i turned round and told her to go to the toilet then, lol

hehe some of these sayings are bonkers!

if I ever asked my mum what was for dinner, she'd say 'Air pie and windy pudding!'
And if any two people were dressed similar she'd say 'oh look it's the Bobsy twins' - I asked her who the Bobsy twins were once and she admitted she had no idea! Crazy woman! :D

Back