Welcome Newbies (the ones who want to actually follow the plan!!)

Yes we all need support at times. A lot!

I wasn't really talking about the odd slip up though - I meant a small handful of people who were starting off with the attitude that they'll only stick to some parts of the plan and not other parts. Cherry-picking it. I just think that if that's what you do it's not Slimming World. The plan is the whole plan, not just eating as much free food as you like without bothering with the superfree or not measuring healthy extras, or substituting healthy extras for cornflakes and white bread etc. It's not really giving the plan a fair go, and it'll be wrong of those people to criticise Slimming World if they don't lose weight.

Yes we all need support at times. A lot!

I wasn't really talking about the odd slip up though - I meant a small handful of people who were starting off with the attitude that they'll only stick to some parts of the plan and not other parts. Cherry-picking it. I just think that if that's what you do it's not Slimming World. The plan is the whole plan, not just eating as much free food as you like without bothering with the superfree or not measuring healthy extras, or substituting healthy extras for cornflakes and white bread etc. It's not really giving the plan a fair go, and it'll be wrong of those people to criticise Slimming World if they don't lose weight.

Yes I totally agree with this and whilst I might be guilty of some of these things sometimes (not always that good with superfree for instance) I would never suggest that SW doesn't work when I'm not following it correctly, there is only one thing to blame for my weight gain and that's me, me, me!!

xx

Lucky7 - respect to you girlie!

I have to admit i have been avoiding the main section for the last few weeks as i knew it would be filled with the kind of things you've referred to, and i didn't want to get myself all annoyed by what i see as silly questions, like my personal favs - can i do SW without eating fruit & veg? Or
Does SW work? Grrrr

One note though - i personally found it quite difficult to get to grips with the plan initially, so i guess it is somewhat inevitable that questions will be asked that you or I might consider silly. I think its a bit like driving - once you've done it for a while you tend to forget that at one point you were too scared to go above 20 mph!

I think we are all capable of some of the things L7 has mentioned, the difference between most of us and those L7 is referring to is that we will freely admit the mistake(s) we have made and plough on rather than criticise the plan.

I didn't read the original post as a criticism, it's just the truth!

JezVonSavage said:
I think we are all capable of some of the things L7 has mentioned, the difference between most of us and those L7 is referring to is that we will freely admit the mistake(s) we have made and plough on rather than criticise the plan.

I didn't read the original post as a criticism, it's just the truth!

Exactly!

I may ask silly questions occasionally, and I appologise here before I do lol.
I am very new and totally motivated.

Hi Flibsey - no problem with silly questions. There's often a lot of silliness around these forums so you'll fit in a treat x :D

Totally agree Lucky 7 - it also irritates the arse off me too when people ask those questions. Thanks for being brave enough to say what many of us must think! :)

I totally agree with lucky7 too. Why bother starting a plan without any intention of sticking to it, sometimes it is difficult to get to grips with the concepts but that doesn't mean you change them to suit yourself. But starting off with intention of not doing it properly is madness. Well done lucky 7 for saying what others including me have been thinking x

Can we please add -
Whats the point in paying to weigh on scales worth over £1000 once a week if you're going to weigh at home on your £40 scales in the middle of the week & loose all motivation, panic & assume the plan isn't working?
To the list of things that are a but frustrating to read every day please?

Its not the weighing at home thats the issue (though as someone who doesn't do it it is a bit weird to me), its the reaction to it!

Can we please add -
Whats the point in paying to weigh on scales worth over £1000 once a week if you're going to weigh at home on your £40 scales in the middle of the week & loose all motivation, panic & assume the plan isn't working?
To the list of things that are a but frustrating to read every day please?

Its not the weighing at home thats the issue (though as someone who doesn't do it it is a bit weird to me), its the reaction to it!

I thought you might be pleased to know the scales at SW only cost just over £200 lol :D

I like my scales at home. If I put them in just the right spot on the wonky floorboard by the bathroom door it looks like I'm having a really good week lol x

My consultant has ones which she paid £1000 for!

she has been ripped off We buy exactly the same scales at work through the company that make them and they are £219 + vat Our baby scales which have to be incredibly accurate to work out drug doses are only £198

Brightonrosie said:
she has been ripped off We buy exactly the same scales at work through the company that make them and they are £219 + vat Our baby scales which have to be incredibly accurate to work out drug doses are only £198

Ah well, her loss. It wasn't really the point i was trying to make though :)

Back