Welcome to Dukan

Has anyone tried the mature cheese flavour is it nice and worth the money ?
And what is it's nutritional content as I am on SW and would like to find it's SYN value before purchasing off eBay ! And how much do you have to use ?
Thanks

You can never drink enough but after your attack be aware of the 1ltre of dairy rule xxxx great choice joining us Dukaners you'll love the results xxx
thank you :) will weigh in the morning and update.....really looking forward to it but a lil worried about 6 days on strike(really hope i can do it) xx

Start a diary up so we can follow your progress. Write down your planned menu so the girls can see if its all Dukan friendly and we'll help you to your goal xxx good luck. Best advice is to plan ahead and keep plenty of Dukan food in and remember you can never eat too much Protein, but you must drink plenty of water to flush out the calorie losses ooooo exciting good luck again xxx

i will do and thank you think ill need all the help i can get! bit confused regarding eggs too lol i love love love omelettes but is there a limit on eggs now or are they unlimited? xx

If you don't have a cholesterol problem the latest updates were unlimited. I think the book says two a day but i would say most Dukaneers eat them unlimited. If you find your weight loss stalls its always something you could look at to cut back on xxx

If you don't have a cholesterol problem the latest updates were unlimited. I think the book says two a day but i would say most Dukaneers eat them unlimited. If you find your weight loss stalls its always something you could look at to cut back on xxx
thsnk you sooo much sididd ill be more than happy been able to eat as many chicken omelettes as i like lol.....will add stats and things in morning once ive weighed(not looking forward to it tho) xx

Starting Monday Attack Phase
I live in Las Vegas, and I am so happy to find your site. Thank you! I did look up how many pounds in a stone, so I can better follow along. :D I've purchased the oat bran & lean protein choices, and I will pack my lunch for work before I go to bed this evening. I think I am ready. I am waiting to weigh and measure in the morning.

I am looking forward to sharing our experiences. Anyone have specific advice? I welcome everything!

Hey Hike

Welcome to the forum :) best advices ok....

First of all - don't subscribe to the coaching on the Dukan site, the girls here and I will do a far better job of guiding you along than the site will (and best of all our advice is free ;))

Second - buy/download the book, it really helps you to get to grips with the ethos behind the diet, from reading various versions I'd say the lifeplan book is the best buy.

Up your water intake
unlimited dairy in attack/limited to 1ltr/1kg in cruise phase
weigh once a day in the morning after going to the loo (weigh less than this if you can/if you have a tendency to obsess)
stick to lean unprocessed meats
constipation (sorry if TMI) can be an issue with this diet, so remember to include your veggies when you hit the cruise phase
there are a few patterns of cruise phase, 1/1 where you alternate pp/pv and 5/5 where you do 5 days of pp followed by 5 days of pv. I favour 1/1 I think it's less stressful on your body and easier for your mind to cope with without creating a possibility to crave and fall off the wagon.

pp = pure protein days, pv = protein+vegetables days

Limit your sodium, if you are fond of salt, NOW is the time to cut back as it creates water retention which does nothing to aid weightloss, instead choose black pepper and herbs/spices for seasonings.

Read the list of foods dukan says you are allowed (I think this could be on the FAQ on the main page) stick to it. Basically that's solid advice - stick to the rules and you will definitely see results.

I followed the plan for most of this year with the odd bit of downtime (holidays etc) and lost 40lb, I've been following Dukan principles since 2010 for various reasons and wholeheartedly believe in the plan.

:) If you're still with me, best of luck, complete your stats (height weight etc in the control panel), create a diary and enjoy the journey xx

started today weighed(omg how did i get so heavy!!!) did my run this morn so had yoghurt for brekkie,4 crab sticks as a snack, chicken omelette for dinner,prawns and yoghurt for snack,tea will be chicken stuffed with cottage cheese and scrambled egg, and later(b4 8pm) ill have my oatbran....also loadsssss of water and tea and coffee......does this sound ok??? am i right in thinking onions are off limits till ive done attack? and why do some people have jelly during attack? thanks shell xx

Plan looks good but you might want to try having oatbran for breakfast - it helps keep you fuller and will affect your weigh in less in the mornings if you eat it earlier rather than later (but that's just my personal preference :)) x

copied from another site;

You can in fact eat onions and garlic on any day on any phase of the Dukan Diet but in the Attack Phase and on the Pure Protein (PP) days of the other phases you must limit the amounts so that you have them more as a garnish or use them as a subsiduary ingredient in a dish rather than as a vegetable side dish. You can have a clove or two of garlic and half a medium size onion (approximately 50 grams) on these days. Pickled onions, pickled in plain or seasoned vinegar are also fine, but watch out for those that contain sugar in the vinegar and gives these a miss. This means that you can add a small amount of onion to your burgers or on to your kebabs for example, or have a few rings of raw, red onion on your burger or steak.

quoting maintainer from another thread when this question was asked regards jelly...

It's not in the book, because it's an English thing... having just consulted the ingredients of sugar free jelly, it should be a big "no"... but, to my knowledge, it's ok.

I wouldn't go too crazy with it though. I buy the sachets you make up yourself and have 1/3 per day. There are some "interesting" ingredients in them which normally aren't for us!

thanks very much(obviously skipped that bit in the book) think i need to sit n read it again.....i only wanting to use them to make my burgers more interesting lol......thank you for replying tho and think ill maybe have a small amount of jelly afew times a wk x

take some measurements and log them - helps to see the tape measure giving positive reinforcement when the scales are lagging behind from time to time x

atta girl ;) be nice to see the inches as well as the pounds coming off :)

I measure lean body mass/body fat/body water/weight/inches :D...there's nothing I can measure that I don't :D x

lol do you do all that on scales? mine do fat n water but confuse me to much so no idea what it means lol.....dont spose there are any "dukan safe" sauces i can make to go with homemade burgers? i find mince far to dry....oh and just had the oatbran and really dont like it :-( could it be eaten as a kind of bread? xx

Sarah your advice today is fantastic xxx and as soon as i get on the computer I've go to give you some rep points. Well done on some fantastic Dukan advice xxxx

Back