Welcome to Dukan

Hi all,
really really glad i've found this site...what a lovely, clever bunch you all seem to be!!
so, after this diet was recommended to me by a friend i'm gearing up to start on Monday, and am really quite excited - is that weird??? Ive recently lost 16lb on SW but not managed to keep all of it off, put about 10lb back on i think... And it took me months to lose so got dis-heartened with that!! Would like to lose about 20lb before August. I'm hoping with determination and the help of you clever lot i will get there!!
So just wanted to say hello!!

Hi all,
really really glad i've found this site...what a lovely, clever bunch you all seem to be!!
so, after this diet was recommended to me by a friend i'm gearing up to start on Monday, and am really quite excited - is that weird??? Ive recently lost 16lb on SW but not managed to keep all of it off, put about 10lb back on i think... And it took me months to lose so got dis-heartened with that!! Would like to lose about 20lb before August. I'm hoping with determination and the help of you clever lot i will get there!!
So just wanted to say hello!!

I'm a newbie too. Just finishing my attack phase. Been quite enjoyable. Weird but true. Hope it all goes well for you. Remember to plan those meals and make sure there's lots too. I think that's the key to success with Dukan.

Hello looby and nice to have you on board ... Enjoy your weekend and good luck for Monday x

Welcome looby, you've come to the right place......x

Welcome back Cara, welcome Looby!
Dukan has a way of holding you because of the quick and great results! You just have to realize that it is all or nothing diet!
Good Luck!!
Don't forget to post your weigh in, and update your stats, it helps a lot!

Hi! I just joined minimins and all the posts seem so friendly and supportive. I started Dukan 6 days ago...so far so good but I'm looking forward to getting some more inspiration here!

I am very rude as I never introduced myself to Dukan as this thread suggests. I just dived on in and posted. Reading ChrisR's diary was the start of something I found out about in France over easter, and her determination gave us (my OH and I) the 'gizz' to follow and 'loose'....
We are finding it great and the help on this forun is fantastic. Reading all the diary's and menu's etc really gives a person an insight into other peoples struggles and highs...Thank you all so much for all the help to gave me either by replying or just letting me read your own posts :flowers:

Ah 'THANK YOU' Lyonsie you've made my day :)

Joodel... Welcome to Dukan and the minimins, any help and avice you need is right hear...Have a Dukan good Sunday x:)

Thank you Siddid!! I actually think I nabbed a recipe from one of your posts, back in the day when I was a lurker ;) Do you have any suggestions for how best to use the site? I've been keeping a bit of a diary of the last few days and not sure whether to post it as a blog or join one of the threads. Maybe I should just play around a bit and see what everyone else is doing!
J

I go between my pone and lappy, but I never bother with the blogs. Have you started a diary yet? if not start one on the diary thread so us lot can have a read and if you post all your meals and what your drinking so anything thats not quite Dukan the girls will pick up on and advise. This forum once you get used to it, its not bad. as a rule I check diarys to see if any one has updated then i check the main dukan page for new threads to see what questions are being asked and if I have time a nosy around the recipies hahahaha. Is that what you asked lol think I got into a babble there x:)

Haha, no, no babbling there, that's helpful! I'll nosy round too and then post a diary. Might keep a blog just for me, will see how I go. Just seen your stats - you've done so well! I'm nervous I'll lose motivation, even though I'm feeling pretty confident at the mo!
Jx

Hi all,

I'm Karin and I'm a newbie to Dukan.

Over the years I have been on a few diets and have always lost weight. Twenty years ago I lost 4stone but put it back on plus more over the course of the next 4 years. I then tried SW and WW plus a few homemade ones. I've tried like mad over the last few years to stick to my own rules and have managed to maintain the weight I was, however, since Christmas I have eaten loads, lots been going on in my household and family that makes me want to comfort eat but I have been given a bit of a wake up call. I want to lose about 5st to be happier with myself and be able to buy clothes off the rack LOL.

My mum has been following Dukan for about a year now and lost the weight she wanted to and is now Consolidating, Dad started at Christmas and he too is now Consolidating. Health issues in the family have caused me to rethink this tractor tire round my waist and I am using my Mum as my inspiration and my daughter as my motivation. Mum's loss is great and having heard her talk about it and me asking loads of questions I decided to give it a go. Mum got me the book and I sat and read it last week. I scoffed all the bad stuff over the weekend so I could start Day 1 on Monday with no temptation in the house.

So far I am doing really well, I cocked up a bit on Monday because the ham I had wasn't thin/lean slices but smoked ham....just goes to show reading the book again and again reveals things missed. LOL. Also I bought Asda Lo Fat soft Cheese and we don't think I should be having that either...not sure on that one...any clues LOL.

I lost 1.8lb yesterday morning and another 1.2 this morning, so thats 3lb in two days of following. I know this week is short sharp shock week and have no illusions that this kind of weight loss will continue. If i can reach mid August and have lost my first stone I will be over the moon, thats my birthday.

I found a website that someone has obv created whilst they are following Dukan and there are loads of recipes and things, but there is still some questions I know I will need to ask. Mum is great and will be able to help me with tonnes and am hoping to find help here too.

Thanks for reading.

Hello Karin and welcome!

Sounds like you've got a good basis to start your Dukan plan with. I'm sure your mum and dad will be an enormous source of information and inspiration on your Dukan journey and there are so many enthusiastic Dukaneers on this site to fill in the gaps!

Good luck. Keep us posted. Have you started a diary yet?

Julie :eek:

Karin

Welcome, I enjoyed reading your post :D

You sound really motivated and you've got off to a great start.

Like Julie says, think about starting a diary and get chatting! :D

P xx

thanks for the welcome, I'll think about the diary, I realise its easier to keep information all in one place, but for now I am just picking everyones brains and will see how I go LOL.

Hi Karin, welcome to the fold!
Please do pick away, it helps us all with finding out new little nuggets from time to to so I strongly encourage it!
Good luck with your journey and if you ever need a little boost or in need of reassurance, there is always someone here to help!

thanks hun, I'm enjoying looking around, already got some ideas and had some questions answered. Its so helpful to have people to help, my Mum is great with a lot, and what i find out here will help us both .

Welcome Karin and good luck, it sounds like you have a lot of support at home from your family which is vital. We are around to to give some moral support and the recipes threads are invaluable!! Cx

Hiya, just thought I'd say 'hi' too, Karin. Only started a couple of weeks ago myself - so far I'm loving it, hope you are too!

Joodle x

Back