Welcome to Dukan

Tamara 15lb wow what a start and yed this diet is the best makes you feel 'you' again good luck x

Hi Carly, congrats on doing so well so far! Really interested to hear your thoughts on aspartame as I've had concerns about artificial sweetener as have others here. Looking forward to hearing how you get on as you move towards target. Not cheating at all is a big achievement. I know what you mean about heaped teaspoons of cocoa - I found myself thinking 'oh no, I've cheated' because I had a bottle of forbidden San Pellegrino mineral water. Quite a difference from what cheats would have been pre-Dukan!

Tamara - way to go! (Weigh to go?!) You're doing great, I'm also convinced my skin's cleared up on this, what a great side effect! Keep us in the loop!

Jx

Hi all, after a really crappy weigh in (but true reflection in my naughtiness) last week and a really stressfull/upsetting week this week I avtually had a good result on the scales this morning with a 6lb loss! Not only has it got me past my plateau, it has also got me into the next stone bracket which is awesome!!!
Heres to a good week ahead!!!

Sorry about posting my weigh in on this thread, I thought it was my mistake earlier so deleted and reported in the right place...for some reason my phone app will only post to this thread. Bizzare!?!

no1rangersgirl said:
Hi all, after a really crappy weigh in (but true reflection in my naughtiness) last week and a really stressfull/upsetting week this week I avtually had a good result on the scales this morning with a 6lb loss! Not only has it got me past my plateau, it has also got me into the next stone bracket which is awesome!!!
Heres to a good week ahead!!!

Fantastic loss congrats on lower stone x

Hello all

I'm really new here. I'd never heard of the Dukan diet until I saw it when I was browsing around the forums. I went off, read about it and brought the book. I've only read half the book so far but I know enough to get started, I'm going to be starting tomorrow. :D

I've go just over 4st to lose to get to my target. I'm planning on eating a greater proportion of chicken and eggs as a whole chicken is £2.20 in Morrisons and eggs are really cheap too. Oh, and I love chicken and eggs.

I also might buy some kind of grill, like a George Foreman, for cooking home-made burgers etc. Is this a good idea?

That's An excellent idea and welcome to Dukan x

Hello all

I'm really new here. I'd never heard of the Dukan diet until I saw it when I was browsing around the forums. I went off, read about it and brought the book. I've only read half the book so far but I know enough to get started, I'm going to be starting tomorrow. :D

I've go just over 4st to lose to get to my target. I'm planning on eating a greater proportion of chicken and eggs as a whole chicken is £2.20 in Morrisons and eggs are really cheap too. Oh, and I love chicken and eggs.

I also might buy some kind of grill, like a George Foreman, for cooking home-made burgers etc. Is this a good idea?

Hi Joel (hope that's your name),

The George Foremans are amazing! The amount of fat that comes out of homemade burgers is terrifying! :eek:

Welcome to Dukan...I'm sure you will be shocked by the results.

Make sure you keep us posted :D

Hi Dukaneers!
Been reading these posts for a while (before work, during break, after work into the wee hours) and i realised that this is something thats finally caught my attention, so much so that i took the plunge and got myself officially logged on....
Not sure what i should be saying on here but i figure if i make myself 'public' then i have more chance of sticking to this staggeringly succesful Dukan Diet....so all i'll say is, ive a cupboard full of tinned tuna (in spring water natch), a freezer full of chicken breasts, fish fillets and steak slices and stealth determination (for the moment !)....
If anyone has any words of wisdom for me it'll always be appreciated and of course i offer the same support where i can....so cheers to being friends with our bodies again...
p.s. i realise ive said nothing about myself on here not sure if thats 'how we roll'....but if anyone wants to know owt...just holler...

xxxxx

Welcome nick, your prepared so your half way there good luck. Looking forward to meeting you x

Nick, you'll love it. Be prepare for the Dukan flu and headaches in day 3 approx its you carb and sugar withdrawl once your over that and into cruise your sailing any advice just ask the girls are great and what they don't know isint worth knowing, good luck xxx

yep the very apparent support on here is spurring me on....
only thing is ive not managed to get hold of any oatbran as yet...will keep trying tho...dyin to try a 'gallette'....lol

xxx

Oatbran is available in sainsburys, tesco and Holland and barrett I love it in muffins or as porridge xxx

yeah i dont have any of those stores as im living in Gran Canaria...i have a friend tryna source it over here for me tho....thank you sididd....off to work i go......3 boiled eggs and a litre of water....xxxxx

Welcome nicki, you sound like you are prepared so good luck and keep the determination.
I find the best tool to have in your armoury for dukan success is creativity and imagination. I'm not a very adventurous cook but I'm finding experimentation keeps chicken interesting . Make sure you use the recipe thread, it can be a life saver at times when you just want to pack it all in!
I look forward to reading about your success! x

Hello all

Hi Joelleaman, welcome to Dukan and the forum! Enjoy the journey, it's a rewarding one for sure.

Jx

Hi Dukaneers!
Been reading these posts for a while (before work, during break, after work into the wee hours) and i realised that this is something thats finally caught my attention, so much so that i took the plunge and got myself officially logged on....
Not sure what i should be saying on here but i figure if i make myself 'public' then i have more chance of sticking to this staggeringly succesful Dukan Diet....so all i'll say is, ive a cupboard full of tinned tuna (in spring water natch), a freezer full of chicken breasts, fish fillets and steak slices and stealth determination (for the moment !)....
If anyone has any words of wisdom for me it'll always be appreciated and of course i offer the same support where i can....so cheers to being friends with our bodies again...
p.s. i realise ive said nothing about myself on here not sure if thats 'how we roll'....but if anyone wants to know owt...just holler...

xxxxx

Hi Nicki and welcome! Definitely a good idea to get active here - I lurked for ages before plucking up the courage to post. Now no one can shut me up!

Preparation is definitely key. My determination has actually got stronger since starting as I've been seeing results and getting encouragement from these guys. Good luck and look forward to hearing how you get on!

Jx

Back