Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

I go to group and love it! I've ate loads and never thought I would have had a loss to be truthful x
I wish I had the time to go to a group! This week has been relatively quiet - but I am one of the leaders of a student group at my Church, so once the students get back to uni my evenings get a lot less quiet!! I am gonna try to go swimming once a week at least though! xx

I started SW yesterday.. all my life I've been able to eat what I like and still maintain size 10/12. Since I turned 30 and started on anxiety meds I piled on about 2 stone which I aim to loose... I would like to loose 25 lbs by September and a further 5 to my goal.

Hi,
Joined slimming world in November but just joined here today to get some motivation on days i just want to eat all the trifle!!!
I've already got my half a stone award but put on 2 and a half pound over xmas and new year. I'm not half a pound off loosing what i put on which is a bonus!
Anyway just wanted to say hi and have a place to speak to people outside image theropy.
Mia xx

hi, staying off the booze & keeping active. Have no issues with giving up syns, but normally beer & boredom lead to snacking

Hello everyone - I am back on Slimming World (again!!) and I could do with lots of motivation to keep me on plan, so I'm pleased to have joined - I have lurked on this forum for a while, so it's nice to be posting instead :)

I have been on a diet on and off all my adult life (and probably before that!) but I just seem to get fatter, lol. I am going to give this my all as I really don't want another summer wearing cardigans and feeling like a heifer and getting that dreadful chafery that you are afflicted with if you are thunderous of thigh, like me! I'm gig on holiday in august for 2 weeks, so it would be nice not get harpooned or have water thrown over me to keep me alive while I'm on the beach :D

If I write all this down on the internet then I may just stick to it! I look forward to sharing my journey with you all!

Michelle

Hi this is my third attempt at slimming world but I'm determined to see it through this time. I joined on the 2/1 and my last weigh in (Thursday) I managed to shift 5.5lbs :) looking forward to share my weight loss journey with you xx

I have started following sliming world at home on my own! im not a member of a group but my best friend is and she gives me loads of hints and tips!
Weighed myself for the first time on Friday 14st4lbs :(
I want to be healthy and fit for my son to look up to. I want to feel comfortable in my own body
Fingers crossed for my first weigh in and hope for a loss next Friday!

I've just joined a class last week with the daily mirror voucher. I've tried WW, the dukan, the 5:2 and a Cambridge style one. None worked!!! I love my food so am giving sw a shot as I love the fact I can eat the foods that I love. Good luck everyone else on the programming.

Hi Rach and Susie! I'm coming back to Slimming World after a few years of eating what I want/changing medications - I'm now heavier than I've ever been and desperate to change. I'm going to go to the shops tonight to buy in food to get started again. All the best with your journeys!
good luck to you too ariescat, I'm weighing tomorrow....eek lol. Hope we all have good weeks :))

Hi All! I'm starting my SW diet today and going to a class on tuesday. I've previously done it before bit im ready to start again properly! very nervous for my first class. good luck with everyone starting!

Hello everyone!
I too have started SW. On my own. I attended a couple of years back and came off plan weighing 11st 8lbsin January 2013.

When I started back on plan, on 6th Jan 2014, I weighed 13st 5.5lbs. Arggggggh! Nearly 2 stone on in a year.

Anyway, I've stuck to plan this week and it weigh in ttomorrow morning so I shall see what i've managed to lose! Fingers crossed!

Xxx

Hello! Decided to start SW in the morning. Shopping today to stock up on goodies and then hoping I can stick with it. After 3 rounds of IVF and a baby I've ballooned. Looking to lose 3 stone initially.

Hello Everyone.

Started SW last week lost 4lbs this first week so very happy.
I'm doing it at home online. Finding it not too bad atm.

I did SW this time last year starting at a weight of 13stone 12 pounds and then when i got on the scales on the 6th January this year to get my first WI I weighed 2 stone heavier at 15stone 12 pounds. So my first target is to get rid of this gain, such a high gain in one year aswell :(

Lets hope this week goes as well as last.

Good luck everyone :)

Hey everyone :)

I started slimming world today! After ages of thinking about it we (my girlfriend and I) decided to just go for it. So we've stocked the cupboards haha! We're doing it from home as I'm always so busy with Uni and she's too busy with work to get to any meetings but figured talking on here would be a good help :)

We met a few years back when we were both a lot slimmer but through happiness and comfort haha we've both put on almost 4 stone. Plus, after moving away from home for university my exercise levels have plummeted! But it's all change for the better from here....so hello to everyone!!

I started SW yesterday.. all my life I've been able to eat what I like and still maintain size 10/12. Since I turned 30 and started on anxiety meds I piled on about 2 stone which I aim to loose... I would like to loose 25 lbs by September and a further 5 to my goal.

Good luck with you quest! Aiming for September gives you loads of time so it's totally doable if you stuck to plan :)

Back