Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hello all, I am back on SW too. I had a good first week and lost 3lbs. Hoping for another good weigh in on Friday. Good luck to everyone with their goals

Hey everyone :) I started slimming world today! After ages of thinking about it we (my girlfriend and I) decided to just go for it. So we've stocked the cupboards haha! We're doing it from home as I'm always so busy with Uni and she's too busy with work to get to any meetings but figured talking on here would be a good help :) We met a few years back when we were both a lot slimmer but through happiness and comfort haha we've both put on almost 4 stone. Plus, after moving away from home for university my exercise levels have plummeted! But it's all change for the better from here....so hello to everyone!!

Snap! I've put on a stone since moving in with my boyfriend just over a year ago. Too many takeaways and treats in front of the telly - oops! I'm really determined to get rid of it this year and shift another stone on top of that. It's my first weigh in of the year tomorrow - wish me luck!

Hi Everyone!

Not exactly a newbie in the sense that I've been registered to this site for years and I've been with Slimming World before, but I am a newbie in that I just started Slimming World again last week and I'm hoping to do it a bit more constructively this time around and thought that sharing my experiences and learning about others' experiences would help!

I lost just over 2 stone on Slimming World in the summer of 2012 and it felt incredible! I had so much more energy, I was fitter than I had been in a long time and I had so much more confidence. That confidence, perhaps over-confidence, made me think that I could easily go it alone, save a few quid and an hour and a half a week. Like so many others who do the whole Slimming World - go it alone - Back to Slimming World path I imagine!

Bad idea!!!!

I kept the weight off for a while, mainly because I was playing a lot of sports and felt some kind of false sense of security that somehow I would magically keep losing weight just because I'd achieved this massive weight loss in the recent past. My bad habits started creeping back in, though, and I've fluctuated a bit since then but at my first weigh-in on Wednesday evening I found that I'm only a few pounds lighter than my first start date back in 2012. :(

So I'm back on it now, I'm enjoying myself and it's funny how those lessons you learnt about making healthy choices come right back to you when you start thinking about it again - it's like riding a bike!!!

Good luck to everyone else on this journey!!! :)

Hi everyone

I started slimming world last summer and was approaching 1 1/2 stone off though Christmas has set me back a few lbs!

Still got about another 4 stone I would like to lose though not set an exact target yet.

Found plan really good (when I managed to be 100%) but losses were slower as I struggled when travelling for work and having limited options but getting better with that now. Also been trying to not get stuck in a rut with same recipes which is how I came across this site and now I'm bursting with ideas :)

Hey, my name Rachel and I've just joined the site. I joined slimming world last Friday (10/1/14) :) I was 12st6 on Friday. Looking to get to 7st4 - 9st not decided yet. But that's roughly good for my height.

Hi everyone,
I joined slimming world on 7th jan and just joined this site after getting some great recipe ideas just by searching google and minimins popping up. I was 12st7.5lb when I joined and lost 4.5lb on my first weigh in I want to get below 10st and take it from there. I'm following extra easy and it seems to be working for me so far. Just getting my head around it all!
Look forward to chatting with you all. X

Hi everyone,
I joined slimming world on 7th jan and just joined this site after getting some great recipe ideas just by searching google and minimins popping up. I was 12st7.5lb when I joined and lost 4.5lb on my first weigh in I want to get below 10st and take it from there. I'm following extra easy and it seems to be working for me so far. Just getting my head around it all!
Look forward to chatting with you all. X

Hi hun x well done on ur loss, that's great!! Think you'll definitely find this site useful, I've been doing SW since 2009, baby inbetween, now 8lbs away from my goal (will hv lost 3st 12lbs since may 2011). Good luck on ur SW journey x L x
Ps, hv a diary if u fancy following :eek:

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all,

just starting SW both myself and my partner do our first day tomorrow and were starting on a red day as were meat lovers lol. Hoping to both loose 1 1/2 stone over however long it takes and found a lot of inspiration on here. We have a little girl which is where the need for weight loss came from for myself. Hoping this works well for us it's very exciting!

I doing SW from home with the books. Question though. Can I alternate green days, original and extra easy days? I have been sticking to the extra easy but I could do with alternating between the green and extra easy.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can. I was at group this week & that's exactly what our leader said you could do.

Hi everyone.

I started SW on 7th January, lost 4.5lb on my first week, hoping I can stick with it as I have a long way to go.

Hi
like LitleMiassDayDream I joined this forum a while ago, but never really posted, but I'm a SW veteran, just don't have the willpower to stick to it.

I was at target for about 2 years and used to go to class each week to weigh, then my dad was poorly, I missed a lot of classes and of course put weight back on!

Its been about 2 1/2 years since I last went to class, but I started back on 8th Jan and lost 3lbs at my 1st weigh in, want to lose about a stone and a half to get back down to my last target.

Good luck to everyone else!

Mossie

Heya all :) I signed up for this site ages ago, when I started out trying Weight Watchers - I didnt get on with the diet and so didn't use the forum. I'm now giving Slimming World a go and am hopeful that its the diet that will help me shift my wobbly belly and multiple love handles! None of the other diets i've tried (Atkins, Dukan, WW) have kept my tummy full and I hope to find more recipe ideas here - as well as inspiration from you lovely lot. Nice to *meet* you :)

Hi everyone ,
im going to my first class's on Wednesday , I was a member in 2012 for a few weeks and only lost like a pound then put it back on I couldn't and still can't come to terms with that I can eat loads of pasta in 2012 I was eating plain pasta for lunch 3 times a week ,I don't think I was doing it right and gave up . I need to lose weight, so hopefully it can work for me this time but I'm just scared to eat all this food I was previously on EE so unsure if I should
go back to that...

Any feedback would be appreciated.. Xx

Hi

Well done for coming back to it, hope you get on well on Wed. The new member talk will hopefully get you set up well to start.

I know that pasta really makes me bloated so only have it about once a week and make sure have a lot of superfree like a veg packed sauce with lean mince or chicken , don't feel I would lose much if I ate pasta a lot. There are loads of recipe ideas on here - I've got a great list of new meals to try over the next few weeks.

Xx

Hello all .. another newbie!!! I'm around the 10 stone mark and would love to loose about a stone. I'm doing it at home and have been doing it about a week now :)

Back