Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Brother Slim 'How far North are you...?'

Extremely:) When I say north I don't mean Manchester:p I'm about as far north as you get in the UK:)

safc said:
Hi, Have just started SW on tuesday. 1st weigh in next week so will see how it goes. Have always done WW in past but it always goes back on and extra. Need loose 6 and half stone. Long way to go but think this will suit me more. Good luck everyone. Christine. x

Hello Christine!! Welcome :) everybody on here is really friendly and will support you and help you!! I too used to do ww but I find SW is much better! Good luck :) x

Hello,

Started with Slimming world online Sunday. Have done Weight watchers before but never Slimming world, im loving not being hungry! Don't even feel like its a 'diet'.

Forums brill! Found the recipes threads really helpful.

You won't look back, you're right.... it's not a "diet" more a lifestyle change :)

Brother Slim 'How far North are you...?'

Extremely:) When I say north I don't mean Manchester:p I'm about as far north as you get in the UK:)

Ha ha... :p

Are you from Berwick then...?

I would just like to say happy new year to everyone first of all.
I joined slimming world in 2008 and lost three stones then stopped going to classes and put the weight back on but i have decided to start fresh this year and go back on the plan. I am yet to go to group as my area runs them on mondays but i would like to say that reading all the threads and seeing all the pictures of peoples weight loss has really given me the motivation i need as am a bit nervous about going back but i definitely will go to the group on monday
Wish me luck.

Hi
have looked into this forum a few times, and thought i would join now we are in the new year - definitely time to actually get motivated and lose some weight.
Have hovered around the same weight for a good few years, and have finally decided to get rid of the few extra pounds - not too many, but enough.
Hope to keep motivated :)

Hi! I am new too

I've done slimming world before, at a club, but I'm trying it at home mp, so this forum looks brilliant for lots of support and advice. I've got a lot of weight to lose - so I imagine I'll be around for some time.

From lurking around, you all seem so nice and welcoming. Good luck to us all :)

Hi all this is my first time on here and also my first time in Slimming World so hopefully I will manage to get rid of the 5st 9lbs im dragging around with me!! Looking forward to a happier healthier 2012!!

Jo

You have electricity in the Shetlands...? ;)

Just joking... :p

Not often no:p I'm not joking actually, we have frequent power cuts. Thankfully we were only out for 6 hours on Boxing Day, other folk lost power at lunchtime on Christmas Day for 24 hours. We had a terrific storm that day - over 100mph at sea level. Its pretty windy here anyway,but that was a bit full on.

hi just joined this afternoon after i started slimming world around 18 months ago have lost a total of seven stone to date looking foward to target 7lbs till go bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnn :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hi all!

Just started doing SW at home, although I've been reading lots of posts here for a while now. Thought it would be really hard to lose weight and convinced myself I would never be able to do it. Until my Mum and my Granny both lost around 2 stone on SW! I found this forum and explored a bit and thought - hang on, their meals sound lovely! I can do this! So I (and my OH!) have started :) First weigh in was Wednesday, so that's my start weight (heaviest I've been in a while :( ) Fingers crossed for next Wednesday - hoping I've lost! Have had a lovely 3 days so far, SW meatloaf, stir fry, salads and chilli with potato wedges tonight!

Thanks for all your inspiration - I can't wait to get stuck into all the amazing recipes posted!

3rd time lucky!!??

Hi everyone...........

I'm back.....yet again! I'm hoping this is third time lucky!

My starting weight was around the 19 st mark about 3 (ish) years ago, got down to 13st 2lb for my wedding in aug 2010 and have been putting weight back on ever since. I think I m around the 15st mark now, will find out next week at weigh-in, clothes don't fit, feeling fat and frumpy, so time to get my a**e in gear and get 3 stone off........wish me luck!

Been shopping tonight and got everything stocked up, have decided to do a mix of days as I like the extra healthy extras on red & green but like the freedom of EE.

Look forward to chatting to you all soon xx

Mastiffmum

Hello everyone!
I'm another newbie, started on Slimming World this morning from a friends book until I can get to a local group at the end of next week.
I have 3-4 stone to lose and I'm so desperate to get rid of it now, I'm just not myself anymore.
Fingers crossed :)

x

Hello :)
My name's Kate and I've just started Slimming World today!
I'm planning on losing 2 and a half stone, hopefully before summer, but I'm not putting too much pressure on myself.
Look forward to talk to you all more :)
Kate x

Hi guys!

I'm not new to SW, followed it for 18 months (on and off) from December 09.. It's the most amazing plan I've ever come across! I lost about 2 and a half stone in a year. After I left my group (messy relationship break up and had to move away), I managed to lose some weight on my own, coming down to within the healthy weight range for my height. I never quite got around to joining a group here, I work awkward hours and I'm not always able to get to group. I've put on about 12lbs since I stopped following the plan, but I'm determined to get where I want to be.

I started SW again (on my own) on 30th Dec, had first WI yesterday and I've lost 4lbs :) So 8lbs to get back to where I was and 17lbs to get to where I want to be :D

Although I haven't really posted here, I read Minimins an awful lot as you guys post such useful information, but I think now is the time to get involved and become even more motivated. Now about to plan my meals for the week and might even go for a cheeky jog a bit later on!

Thanks,
Annie

Back